Samsung 27 sq foot fridge makes creaking noise.

IGBT

Lifer
Jul 16, 2001
It's a new fridge. I thought it was the doors but i can make it creak by pushing on the sides of the fridge. Warranty tech couldn't figure it out so the warranty incident remains open. Pushing on the sides with the doors closed the creaking noise seems to be coming from the back and internal.

IGBT

Lifer
Jul 16, 2001
It also creaks when the doors are open / closed. The Tech thought it was the doors...but with the doors closed pushing on the sides the noise is apparent. I'm going to roll it out today and check the back for loose hardware.

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Could very well be but very annoying to hear a loud creaking every time the doors(s) are opened / closed..
Stops people doing late night sneaky fridge raids!

If it is that though I guess it should wear down over time.

Reactions: IGBT

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Is it sitting flatly? If it's not sitting square and it's not that solidly constructed then that could cause the panels to flex and rub I guess

IGBT

Lifer
Jul 16, 2001
Is it sitting flatly? If it's not sitting square and it's not that solidly constructed then that could cause the panels to flex and rub I guess
Flat and level per Samsung procedure. The rubbing styro insulation is starting to captivate my imagination...I'll bet that's it..

Reactions: WelshBloke

BonzaiDuck

Lifer
Jun 30, 2004
We bought a new dishwasher more than five years ago.

Then, as now, it groans when we start it. But it works. It just groans.

IGBT

Lifer
Jul 16, 2001
Update: Samsung agrees that the insulation is loose and rubbing the RH metal skin when the RH door is opened. At this point they are suggesting a refund or a replacement all under warranty. I told them to my preference is to replace the unit with exact model. So now i wait for the logistics of removing the old (new) fridge and the new fridge to be installed. I suspect they are trying to arrange it all to happen on the same day...so I am still waiting for "action on their word"...