Samsung 2253LW

CowZ

Apr 24, 2006
Given the 30% cashback for live.com thru ebay. I was looking at this particular model and I was wondering if its good? I have a 9800gt if that makes a difference. I also found a seller that sold a recertified as new. Thats probably just a fancy way of saying "refurbished" huh? What about new? I can get it for $190 shipped with the cashback would that kill the deal? Thanks for any input. I would like a monitor that is good for gaming and general computing purposes. Thanks again guys

aba4430

Apr 21, 2007
http://www.costco.com/Browse/P...av=&browse=&lang=en-US

Costco sells the 2253LW for $230 with full warranty, return policy etc. I know BestBuy matches Costco prices as I got a 22" Samsung T220 this past weekend from BB with Costco price match. I bought from BB due to having a few gift cards that I was able to use. Just giving you some local alternate options vs. EBay. Buying a monitor on-line could potentially become a headache if there is a need to return it..........

faxon

Platinum Member
May 23, 2008
yea dont buy a monitor online unless its from a well known retailer like newegg which has a good return policy on bad panels. also, recertified is different than refurbished in some companies. dell sells "recertified" hardware on a seperate site from their main one, which is sometimes stuff people just returned because the case had a ding in the case, or they ordered it custom but then canceled the order before it shipped. if you are ordering it from a reseller who sells via eBay contact them and find out what their policy on that type of stuff is before giving them any of your money. personally for any monitor purchase though, i would try and find one locally if at all possible, especially if you can get it from a place like BB or costco since it is really easy to return stuff there if it's bad

CowZ

Apr 24, 2006
true true. Thanks guys for your help. Originally i was relaly just looking at how cheap i can get a decent monitor. But you guys are right, i should have some forethought. It won't do me any good if i can't return a bad panel.