Same Episode Syndrome

Aboroth

Feb 16, 2000
Does this happen to anybody else besides me? Whenever I watch a show that I don't usually watch, like The Sentinel or Good Times, I end up watching the same stupid one I saw last time.
Every time I was home sick during grade school and got to watch the reruns from the 70's that were on during the day, it was always the same two episodes. I also haven't been able to watch the Simpsons much either, and every time I go to watch it, it is always one of the three crappiest episodes of all time. Does this happen to anyone else or is this just something that happens to me?

SufferinSuccotash

Jun 4, 2000
The same thing happens to me all the time, T* er, I mean, Aboroth. ;) With me, though, it happens with the reruns of sitcoms that are on pre-prime-time hours.

uncouth

Golden Member
Mar 23, 2000
This happened constantly with X-Files last summer. I flip to FX for the show and, what do you know, there is the episode where Mulder and Scully are walking throught the woods in search for monsters with Predetor-like powers. All right episode but I have seen it way to many times...

JoeKing

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
LOL, you know how in the beginning of the X-Files they have that
"The Truth Is Out There" opening

Well for almost a whole season I thought I was constantly watching the same epsiode and would change the channel right when I would see "The Truth Is Out There" thinking it was the title of the epsiode.

ltk007

Banned
Feb 24, 2000
That seems to always happen to me and it pisses me off. Why can't they show an episode I haven't seen. They should keep track of me and what I watch so I can always see a new episode. Its the least the TV stations can do!

Aboroth

Feb 16, 2000
Yeah, thats it!
The TV stations should also know when I am walking into the other room and turn the TV on for me so that I don't miss anything that happens in the show I am watching. Then mute the commercials as soon as they come on, or only show the commercials that I think are funny. They should flip the station automatically too so I don't have to bother with the remote. Ooh, and set the volume correctly for the environment and setting, like lower if I am on the phone with someone than if I am by myself. TV stations are so lazy, they should have all of these services available by now!

ApacheXMD

Platinum Member
Oct 9, 1999
speaking of same episodes...

did anyone see the simpsons tonight?

they didn't say kentucky this time. they said michigan! wtf.

-patchy

creedog

Golden Member
Nov 15, 1999
I saw the episode here on the east coast, and I heard Illinois, I think. I'll have to ask my gf in the morning

ApacheXMD

Platinum Member
Oct 9, 1999
hmm..
i could be mistaken on michigan..
but it sure as hell wasn't kentucky this time 'round

-patchy

ApacheXMD

Platinum Member
Oct 9, 1999
and then they had this 5 second part right before the end (right before the part with that blue dog talking about being gay) that i don't remember seeing before..
and it didn't make much sense... but now i don't quite remember what i saw cuz it was so quick.

-patchy