Sales people... gosh their funny.

Anybody

Dec 16, 1999
I'm sitting in my office when the VP of sales come into the office.

VP: Lets say I have an unlimited budget... where would I score world series tickets for tommorow night's game...I need 3 of em. I promised this guy that if he signed the million dollar contract today I'd get him tickets to tommorow's game. He signed the contract and now I have to pay up.

ME: Ummm give me a minute or two....

VP: Great... this is Hugely important!

Quick search on Yahoo.com reveals www.ticketbroker.com with 4 tickets together for $950 each for tommorow nights game.

I go to his office.. show him the webby.. he whips out the ole charge card and lays down the $3800.00 for the tickets.

VP: You don't know what you just did.... really... your leaving work early tonight with me at 3:30.... and you and I are going to get loaded.. as much as you can drink.

ME: uh... ok...

Now how do I tell him I'd rather take .5% of the deal rather then get blato? I'm not a big drinker anyways.... ;]

DaveJ

Platinum Member
Oct 9, 1999
Yeah, why can't he take you to the game? :) He only needed three tickets, and you got him four... I think he owes you... :D

Dave

ratkil

Platinum Member
Jan 12, 2000
Unless you enjoy spending time with the guy, I would very diplomatically back out of the evening. There is nothing with more potential for disaster then getting plowed with a vip of a company you work for, assuming you don't already have some sort of friendship with the guy.

nickdakick

Platinum Member
Jun 27, 2000
Ahem if you go to the game, you wouldn't mind taking TA Distributed Computing sign with you ? Just in case, TV you know.... you get the idea. ;)
edit: Ratkil typed faster

kranky

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
I wasn't going to say anything, but since ratkil brought it up... He is right. I can imagine a half-dozen scenarios, none of which sound like a good time for the person in your shoes.

Not going to the game is better for you. If you go, he's paid you back for your "miracle". If you don't go, he still owes you.

PG

Diamond Member
Oct 25, 1999
Mr. VP will be pretty happy until tomorrow when the other guy's lawyer finds a loophole in the contract and backs out. :D

qacwac

Oct 12, 2000
Say, "I'm not much of a drinker."
and if he doesn't offer anything else then be content to have done him a favor.

Double Trouble

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Perks like that are how the business world works..... they are the grease that smoothes the transactions :) Go out, have a good time, and DON'T get 'plowed' regardless of what the VP does. Heck, you might even get some good info on him that he'd rather not see spread around the office. ;)

PG

Diamond Member
Oct 25, 1999
Yup!

Actually it's my initials, but I sometimes can't help but to think about why people do things, and what they might really be up to. ;)

Anybody

Dec 16, 1999
Ive already declined the offer but did suggest that an shiney new Ipaq Handheld on my desk would be a nice thank you. ;]