Salami and Pepperoni

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

moshquerade

No Lifer
Nov 1, 2001
Pepperoni. Ingredients: Pork and Beef, Salt, Spices, Dextrose, Oleoresin of Paprika, Lactic Acid Starter Culture, Natural Smoke Flavoring, Spice Extractives, Sodium Erythorbate, Sodium Nitrite, BHA, BHT, Citric Acid.

Salami. Ingredients: pork, salt, sugar, flavoring, lactic acid starter culture, ascorbic acid (Vitamin C), sodium nitrite.

Personally, I try to stay away from the nitrite enhanced meats.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Originally posted by: moshquerade
Pepperoni. Ingredients: Pork and Beef, Salt, Spices, Dextrose, Oleoresin of Paprika, Lactic Acid Starter Culture, Natural Smoke Flavoring, Spice Extractives, Sodium Erythorbate, Sodium Nitrite, BHA, BHT, Citric Acid.

Salami. Ingredients: pork, salt, sugar, flavoring, lactic acid starter culture, ascorbic acid (Vitamin C), sodium nitrite.

But nothing makes my mouth feel alive quite like a good hard salami...

paulxcook

Diamond Member
May 1, 2005
Originally posted by: nakedfrog

That's what she said!

moshquerade

No Lifer
Nov 1, 2001
Originally posted by: nakedfrog

*schwing*

440sixpack

May 30, 2000
Originally posted by: sonambulo
Originally posted by: bladder23
Are salami and pepperoni made from raw meat?

I never knew this...

You seem like the type of person that's going to have a long and glorious presence on this forum.

This made me laugh. ;)

NL5

Diamond Member
Apr 28, 2003

What exactly constitutes "Pork".

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Originally posted by: NL5

What exactly constitutes "Pork".

Holy shit? Are you serious? Are you REALLY THAT stupid?
Waidaminit...are you the same guy who didn't know pickles were actually cucumbers?