erwos

Diamond Member
Apr 7, 2005
Saint's Row 2 is coming out pretty soon, so you might think about waiting for that.

mugs

Lifer
Apr 29, 2003
Yeah, I think Crackdown is a bit better game. I'd recommend buying and playing both of them, they're both probably pretty cheap right now.

biggestmuff

Diamond Member
Mar 20, 2001
I happened to pick up Saints Row the other day for $20, but haven't played it yet. I'll third Crackdown. Great game with great controls. I had more fun with Crackdown than GTAIV.

KINGGABBO

Mar 26, 2008
Saints Row is pretty good. I picked it up for $20 and I think it's worth that but not much more. But I'm not really big into open world games. It have had fun with it so far though.

VIAN

Diamond Member
Aug 22, 2003
The major advantage of Saint's Row is that the missions are tied into the main story very well. The graphics are not as realistic as GTA4's, but this may have been on purpose since they look a bit cartoony. The framerate needs some fixing, if they haven't already. You can customize the way the character looks, haircuts, tatoos, clothes. You can even customize the cars you steal -- hook them up with turbo chargers and even shocks like a low-rider. Everything else is basically the same as any other 3D GTA.

SnipeMasterJ13

Golden Member
Oct 20, 2004
I loved Saints Row. I cannot wait until Saints Row 2. It's a lot more "over the top" fun gameplay, rather than the more realistic GTA4 (which is still fun). Also as others said, Crackdown is amazing, too.

DivideBYZero

Lifer
May 18, 2001
Originally posted by: VIAN
The major advantage of Saint's Row is that the missions are tied into the main story very well. The graphics are not as realistic as GTA4's, but this may have been on purpose since they look a bit cartoony. The framerate needs some fixing, if they haven't already. You can customize the way the character looks, haircuts, tatoos, clothes. You can even customize the cars you steal -- hook them up with turbo chargers and even shocks like a low-rider. Everything else is basically the same as any other 3D GTA.

Over GTA4?