Safeway - 12 pack of Coke or Pepsi products Buy 2 get 3 free

Discussion in 'Hot Deals with Free Stuff/Contests' started by TheNinja, Jun 30, 2011.

1. TheNinja

TheNinja Lifer

Don't know if people watch the Safeway ads or have club cards (they are free to get) but buy 2 get 3 free 12 packs of coke or pepsi products right now. I'm going to get some throwback pepsi :)

2. cubeless

cubeless Diamond Member

it's buy 2 get 2 free at publix here in the southeast... no safeway for us...

3. Spike

Spike Diamond Member

No thread crap intended but this is the "usual" Memorial/4th/Labor deal these days. That being said it's probably the best price on 12 packs out there right now... guess I'm going to safeway :D

4. TheNinja

TheNinja Lifer

I saw that Walmart had name brand stuff for like $1.29 per 6 pack I think. So this is about the same, but I guess if you don't want to buy 5 12ers, you could pick up a few 6 packs instead. They didn't have near the selection though. I like the throwback Pepsi and I prefer diet coke with splenda instead of with aspartame. Ended up about 28 1/2 cents per can for me, so like 1/3 of the price of our vending machine here :)

Also it'll take me like 5-6 months to drink all this

5. killster1

killster1 Diamond Member

kfart typically has 4 for 10 i dont drink soda no idea what 2 12 packs cost prob more than 10 but u get ,, just lol at this in hot deals

6. mikeford

mikeford Diamond Member

Walmart sole source for my precious Dr Thunder.

Note on diet soda drinkers, the splenda type sweetener goes kinda funky after a month or so, so don't stock up more than a few weeks supply.

7. QueBert

QueBert Lifer

What's the normal price though? 2 with 3 free sounds great, but isn't their usual price like $6.50 a 12 pack? Still a pretty good deal I should go investigate tomorrow. Coke Zero's pretty damn good for a diet soda. Too bad in Cali the tax + CRV add a ton of $$$ to 5 12 packs. I'm assuming on the free ones you still gotta pay tax & CRV. If not I'm in for 2 trips so I can get 10 :D

8. TheNinja

TheNinja Lifer

Ya, you gotta pay tax and CRV on it. After tax and everything included it was about 28.5 cents a can. So like $3.42 per 12 pack. Not too bad, but not as great as it originally appears of course.

9. mnewsham

mnewsham Lifer

mine came out to $2.53 per 12 pack. in Maryland.

10. Pardus

Pardus Diamond Member

nearest safeway is 120 miles away.

11. TheNinja

TheNinja Lifer

You can only get 6 free per transaction. I think if you filled up a van full of people and split the gas, you might still come out slightly ahead :)