Saddam Human right's abuse.

Tab

Lifer
Sep 15, 2002
I know for a fact that Saddam has killed MILLIONS of people. Can anyone get me credible links on things besides Hallbajh?

EDIT : I've only had online conversations with people and of course person to person talk.

andreasl

Aug 25, 2000
Look up the Iran-Iraq war for starters. Saddam started that one. And it should account for the first million or so.

Mean MrMustard

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2001
Originally posted by: Tabb
I know for a fact that Saddam has killed MILLIONS of people. Can anyone get me credible links on things besides Hallbajh?

You are certain you know for a fact, yet you're still looking for credible sources? Hmmm...

By the way I'm not saying Hussein is innocent. <-- I had to say that before the "with us or against us, no questions" crowd comes in.

Morph

Banned
Oct 14, 1999
Originally posted by: Tabb
I know for a fact that Saddam has killed MILLIONS of people.
Correction: You gather from media reports that Saddam has killed millions of people.

Can anyone get me credible links on things besides Hallbajh?
Wait a minute... didn't you just say you knew this for a fact? So surely that was based on some research that you did to uncover these facts. Now you're asking US for links?

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
I don't get the including casualties of the Iran/Iraq war into the people Saddam has killed. He's killed enough during "peace time" to colour him as bad, adding in those who died during a much supported(most Western countries, including US) war smacks of hyperbole and propoganda.Even including some that have died in the ongoing civil war with the Kurds seems like quite the stretch of credibility.

What should be considered as legitimate "Saddam killings" would be those civilians killed by chemical weapons, other civilian massacres, and of course Saddam's ongoing purges.

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001
Well, one could start with that warehouse full of coffins and decompose bodies that appear to have been summarily executed. Possibly could be Shiites who were part of the uprising against Saddam at the end of the 1991 Gulf War. Once the logs are translated, we'll know for sure.

Morph

Banned
Oct 14, 1999
Originally posted by: conjur
Well, one could start with that warehouse full of coffins and decompose bodies that appear to have been summarily executed. Possibly could be Shiites who were part of the uprising against Saddam at the end of the 1991 Gulf War. Once the logs are translated, we'll know for sure.

Yes, until then, let's not accuse anyone of such horrible things based on idle speculation. Thanks.

etech

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Baroness Emma Nicholson, Chairman of the Amar Foundation, which provides aid to Marsh Arab refugees, believes they are the victims of genocide.

Allowing him to elude justice only encourages other war criminals to practice their craft.

oversee the liquidation of 2,000 prisoners at Abu Ghraib prison.

"Qusay gave the governor orders to execute the inmates in those barracks the next day. Although the governor protested it was impossible to execute that many people in a single day, Qusay insisted on the killings. According to Janabi, the killing began in earnest at 6am the following day. Firing squads, assembled under the supervision of the governor and Janabi's 'committee', brought the prisoners in groups to be shot in several indoor chambers. Other inmates were hanged in a special 'hanging hall'. Janabi says the usual method for execution by firing squad is two bullets in the chest followed by a shot to the head. However, the pressure of killing so many meant that they were only shot in the head. "

Sxotty

Apr 30, 2002
LOL morph I assume you not a total fool, so lets not really care what we assume about Saddam, go read amnesty internationals info about him, he doesn't deserve any slack at all.

"Accuse him of horibble things" lol

Well sorry gassing the Kurds was horrible and he did it. So to late for that.

amnesty international 1997 report
"At least 100 members of opposition groups were extrajudicially executed and hundreds arrested when government forces entered Kurdish-controlled northern Iraq. Hundreds of people were executed during the year. Hundreds of suspected government opponents, including possible prisoners of conscience, were reportedly detained without charge or trial. Tens of thousands arrested in previous years remained held. Trial and pre-trial procedures for political detainees fell short of international standards. Torture and ill-treatment of detainees and prisoners remained widespread. The fate of thousands of people who had "disappeared" in previous years remained unknown. Human rights abuses continued in areas of Iraqi Kurdistan under Kurdish control. They included arbitrary arrests, incommunicado detention of suspected political opponents and executions."

Tab

Lifer
Sep 15, 2002
Originally posted by: Sxotty
LOL morph I assume you not a total fool, so lets not really care what we assume about Saddam, go read amnesty internationals info about him, he doesn't deserve any slack at all.

"Accuse him of horibble things" lol

Well sorry gassing the Kurds was horrible and he did it. So to late for that.

amnesty international 1997 report
"At least 100 members of opposition groups were extrajudicially executed and hundreds arrested when government forces entered Kurdish-controlled northern Iraq. Hundreds of people were executed during the year. Hundreds of suspected government opponents, including possible prisoners of conscience, were reportedly detained without charge or trial. Tens of thousands arrested in previous years remained held. Trial and pre-trial procedures for political detainees fell short of international standards. Torture and ill-treatment of detainees and prisoners remained widespread. The fate of thousands of people who had "disappeared" in previous years remained unknown. Human rights abuses continued in areas of Iraqi Kurdistan under Kurdish control. They included arbitrary arrests, incommunicado detention of suspected political opponents and executions."

Do you have that report Link?

Tab

Lifer
Sep 15, 2002
So do you :D Don't you just love it when get people get mad at you over this subject. "Why do you always bother me over this subject Ted!" Well, if you only answered my question I wouldn't have to repeat myself. I need to make a massive collection of anti-saddamn doc's.