Sad Americans and their cell phones

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

yhelothar

Lifer
Dec 11, 2002
Originally posted by: BlancoNino
My cellular telephone device can make telephone calls, send and receive text messages, and is small enough to fit into my pocket. Anything more is for suckers who are paying way too much for crappy features.

Crappy features like a 2MP camera, an mp3 player, handheld gaming device(yes it runs 3D games with N64 graphics)

I love my Sony Ericsson K750i. You just never used a good cell phone before.

mugs

Lifer
Apr 29, 2003
Originally posted by: virtualgames0
My cellular telephone device can make telephone calls, send and receive text messages, and is small enough to fit into my pocket. Anything more is for suckers who are paying way too much for crappy features.

Crappy features like a 2MP camera, an mp3 player, handheld gaming device(yes it runs 3D games with N64 graphics)

This may come as a shock to you, but many of us have no need for those features.

SophalotJack

Banned
Jan 6, 2006
If it can make calls and maintain a connection, it is a good phone.

Otherwise it's crap or a social tool like jewelry.

zoiks

Lifer
Jan 13, 2000
Originally posted by: mugs

This may come as a shock to you, but many of us have no need for those features.

Exactly. I use my old nokia phone to call and get calls. Thats all I need it for.

BlancoNino

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2005

There is a cheaper solution for all of those things you've listed :)

buck

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000
My phone isnt on either list, samsung t809.
Works great for the things that i use a cell for. :)

Insane3D

Elite Member
May 24, 2000
Originally posted by: jagec
Originally posted by: Insane3D
I like my RAZR, but I just use it as a *shock* phone. I have no interest in surfing the internet, text messaging, loading the "latest" ringtones, taking pictures, etc. When I use the RAZR, I'm calling someone, or someone is calling me...that's it. I even had them turn of text messaging on it.

I guess I'm not cool now...damn.

:roll:

So basically you wasted $300?

It was $0. Why would I be "wasting" money if bought it?

Kilgor

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999

I already have a camera that I hardly use I don't want an mp3 player and why would I want to play games on a little phone screen? My cheap phone makes phone calls good thats all I want, not a $400 E-penis enlarger.

Apr 17, 2005

but it compacts 5 devices into 1...thats always good

So

Lifer
Jul 2, 2001
Originally posted by: Kilgor

I already have a camera that I hardly use I don't want an mp3 player and why would I want to play games on a little phone screen? My cheap phone makes phone calls good thats all I want, not a $400 E-penis enlarger.

QFT. Why do you care what phone everyone else uses?

dainthomas

Lifer
Dec 7, 2004
I want one with an FM tuner and a bunch of room for mp3s so I don't have to keep swiping my wife's ipod to work out.

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003
Originally posted by: MagnusTheBrewer
What do you call someone obsessed with cellphones? Oh yeah, teen loser.

No kidding. My cell phone goes from my pocket to the counter when I get home and back in my pocket the next morning. I'd be amazed if I make/take 10 calls a week on it.

Martin

Lifer
Jan 15, 2000

Or horrible things like push email, IM, web browsing, video playback and satellite navigation...

drinkmorejava

Diamond Member
Jun 24, 2004
the razr is a piece of ****** and the reason everyone has it is because it's normally the best free/cheap one they can get with plans and most americans are too fscking cheap/stupid to go out and get an actual good phone.

yhelothar

Lifer
Dec 11, 2002

This may come as a shock to you.. no one needs those features..
But some people may really enjoy those features..
If you don't enjoy them.. then get a vanilla bottom of the line free phone. But for others, like me, likes to have those things.

yhelothar

Lifer
Dec 11, 2002
Originally posted by: Kilgor

Good for you.

yhelothar

Lifer
Dec 11, 2002

ORLY? For $100? WHERE?!

Feb 19, 2001

If you don't enjoy them.. then get a vanilla bottom of the line free phone. But for others, like me, likes to have those things.

But the thing is if oyu go to Asian stores, so many of those good phones ARE free.

And I did get my K750i for $100 (in Aug 05). People were paying for their Razrs which is pretty sad. I remember them for free in November 2004. You just need to know where to go.

yhelothar

Lifer
Dec 11, 2002
Originally posted by: DLeRium

But the thing is if oyu go to Asian stores, so many of those good phones ARE free.

And I did get my K750i for $100 (in Aug 05). People were paying for their Razrs which is pretty sad. I remember them for free in November 2004. You just need to know where to go.

Yeah that's where I got my K750i from. I also got mine for $100. Some places even give the K750i for free. But I had to sign under a sh!tty contract with t-mobile, that's the only catch.