S7 standard to S22 standard

Coolharmony2

Jul 6, 2012
Hello,

What do you think about to upgrade a s7 standard to a s22 standard ?

The S7 work fine but there are not software update and security update.

Is it a good idea ?

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Could use it for a dedicated non phone purpose. Like if some organization requires an app that you don't feel comfortable installing on your main phone or if you simply don't want to tie up your phone with a certain purpose that requires an app.

I keep my old phone around mostly for my drone since my current phone uses a custom rom so I can't put "mainstream" apps on it as there's no Play store.

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
Hello,

What do you think about to upgrade a s7 standard to a s22 standard ?

The S7 work fine but there are not software update and security update.

Is it a good idea ?

It's a great idea. If you can get the S22+ that's ideal (longer battery life, ultra-wideband that may be useful down the line), but the regular S22 will still represent a massive leap over your S7.

Oyeve

Lifer
Oct 18, 1999
I use an old S10 for Gear VR stuff and to program my universal remote that has some sketchy Chinese SW frontend. I also use it to monitor my house cams as that SW too feels sketchy.

Coolharmony2

Jul 6, 2012
Is it better to rent a smartphone for 2 years and bring back the phone after 2 years or buy and keep it durring 4 or 5 years ?

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
Is it better to rent a smartphone for 2 years and bring back the phone after 2 years or buy and keep it durring 4 or 5 years ?

It really depends on your tastes. If you've gotta have the latest and greatest, two-year updates will keep you reasonably current without spending too much money. But if a phone works well for you, keep it until you're ready to upgrade. There's more of a sense of ownership, and it probably won't cost more in the long run. Samsung is better about OS updates and is promising four years of major upgrades, so you'll probably have current software right up to the moment you're looking for a new device.