S.T.A.L.K.E.R. SOC installing Oblivion Mod

leeland

Diamond Member
Dec 12, 2000
OK very silly question but I didn't feel like searching all night tonight on forums for dumb asses like myself so I figured I would just ask.

I dug out STALKER last night and did a little reading on what the best MOD's are...I figured I would give the Oblivion Lost mod a try...

I downloaded it and the 1.0004 patch...and I also downloaded the newest version of Float32 and installed it.

I went into the install directions of the Oblivion Lost mod it had basically two steps I noticed...

edit some config file and change a value to true and then it was real vague...

basically said to copy the "package" contents to the STALKER game directory...

Well the mod download had what looked to be two folders (named something like xxx1.0004 and xxx1.0005) which I would assume was for each patch level...and a gamedata folder

I copied the 1.0004 folder and the gamedata folder to the STALKER directory and over wrote some files...

Started the game up and was curious if I need to do anything else or is that it? I didn't have any special menus.

Thanks in advance!
Lee

Qutlass

Mar 15, 2006
Easiest way is to use the smart mod manager, you can google it. But if you start the game and you can buy the double barrel hunting shot gun from the trader, I'd say its working.

leeland

Diamond Member
Dec 12, 2000
Originally posted by: Qutlass
Easiest way is to use the smart mod manager, you can google it. But if you start the game and you can buy the double barrel hunting shot gun from the trader, I'd say its working.

forgot to mention I did install that smart mod manager...but again didn't see a way to use it...

was late last night and just fumbling around.

is it a menu option when you load STALKER?

Qutlass

Mar 15, 2006
Its been awhile since I saw the default stalker menu so Here's a shot of mine. Its not anything you select from the options, once its loaded you just start a new game and play.

leeland

Diamond Member
Dec 12, 2000
pulling it from memory last night but my menu didn't seem to look like yours...

you say that screen shot of yours is the default...or it is the modded menu? for reference?

leeland

Diamond Member
Dec 12, 2000
Originally posted by: Qutlass
Oblivion Mod is installed for reference. later.

Thanks for the hints...I got it installed finally...guess it helps to not be sleepy when reading directions :D