S.o.B team really needs some help now

sean2002

Golden Member
Apr 9, 2001
We here on the seventeen or bust team really need any help anyone can spare. We took the #3 spot yesterday only to lose it to team Beos today, any little bit can help, even an old p133 as the client only uses about 5MB of memory. Don't let us be beat by Team BeOs

kadajawi

Dec 29, 2000
hmm, I think it will take a bit more than a few P133 to get #3... just look at their daily output... seems to me that its higher than ours... and they have like 70 members when we have 30... :-(

But maybe I'll dedicate my old Linux P133 to SoB... altough I prefer to run one project only... ah well, nm, when the next G@H WU is done :)

Daaavo

Platinum Member
May 23, 2000
Hey Sean,

If you guys give us a hand on D2OL until the end of the year, I'd be more than happy to put my two 3GHz machines on SOB, as a power trade. We are trying to pass the DPC by the end of the year and are REALLY close to doing it.

dave

kadajawi

Dec 29, 2000
yeah, but #1 on SoB by end of this year would be something cool too... there are other projects which don't need so much power currently and could give a few hundred members away without noticing ;) *cough*Seti*cough* Just till end of this year would be enough... and for SoB maybe some would need to stay ;)

m0ti

Jul 6, 2001
I think with Seti wrapping up soon (?) the other projects will see quite a boost.

In quite a lot of projects the teams are still relatively small (in DF we've got like 35 active members), and getting a few more crunchers will definitely help us make progress.

The Ars team (#1 overall, also in production) has got something like 200+ active members and they're only doing twice our production so we don't need too many new people to catch up.

SlangNRox

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
I think I"ll try running d2ol overnight. Didn't realize the team was trying to beat dpc by the end of the year.

Whilden

Dec 18, 2002
Yesterday showed TPR with 4.3 times Anand's production NOT 2, and TPR had had 54 active members compared to Anand's 19 (2.8 times diff). So with 2.8x different in users were crunching 4.3x, dont kid yourself it will not be easy for you guys to take #1.

That said I would not want nothing better then for you guys to try!

"The Ars team (#1 overall, also in production) has got something like 200+ active members and they're only doing twice our production so we don't need too many new people to catch up. "

Crazee

Elite Member
Nov 20, 2001
Originally posted by: kadajawi
yeah, but #1 on SoB by end of this year would be something cool too... there are other projects which don't need so much power currently and could give a few hundred members away without noticing ;) *cough*Seti*cough* Just till end of this year would be enough... and for SoB maybe some would need to stay ;)

Actually we in the Seti Team are also trying to reach a goal of #4 in the world before the project ends early next year. It may seem like we have a lot of people we could "give away" without noticing, but that is not the case. We were making up ground on the teams in front of us, but now we are actually losing ground to teams behind us.

sean2002

Golden Member
Apr 9, 2001
Originally posted by: Crazee
Originally posted by: kadajawi

Actually we in the Seti Team are also trying to reach a goal of #4 in the world before the project ends early next year. It may seem like we have a lot of people we could "give away" without noticing, but that is not the case. We were making up ground on the teams in front of us, but now we are actually losing ground to teams behind us.

but number 1 sound better than tring to make # 4

kadajawi

Dec 29, 2000
*lol*

Actually... if we would give up the bigger projects we could be #1 in every project we participate in. We're a quite powerful team, if we would stick to Neo, SoB, Muon etc. we would simply RULE! (sure we won't do that but if #1 is your aim... :D )

Hadesau

Dec 20, 2002
Originally posted by: Whilden
Yesterday showed TPR with 4.3 times Anand's production NOT 2, and TPR had had 54 active members compared to Anand's 19 (2.8 times diff).

Do you ever work Whilden? :p

I think mOti was talking about the differences in team size/production in DF, not SoB.

Now stop tormenting these nice people :p :D