S@H - Are we going to make a run for #4?

Smoke

Distributed Computing Elite Member
Jan 3, 2001
We have lost a lot of our big guns (fleets) and would need a really powerful armada to cover the ground between us and S@N. A few months ago I thought it was doable but ..... well, I'll just leave it at "but". ;)

JWMiddleton

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2000
Originally posted by: BlackMountainCow
Well, estimating that S@H I won't end till 2015 I guess you should take a shot at it ;)

Do ya really think it will be that soon? :confused:

Soggysocks

Golden Member
Jun 20, 2001
Guess we'll all just have to add a few new 'puters :)

If we all addone HT enabled cruncher........."It's do-able" :D

Smoke

Jan 3, 2001
Considering Ed Dames, the Remote Viewer of Art Bell Coast to Coast fame, claims we are going to suffer the "kill shot" next year it may not make any difference. ha lol :p :D

kamper

Diamond Member
Mar 18, 2003
What happened to the guy who was going to add 1200 boxes at his work?

Smoke

Jan 3, 2001
Originally posted by: kamper
That was babbage. I exchanged more than a few PMs with him and it seemed he was trying to get things going but had some issues that have stopped other huge fleets from ever getting out of space dock.

Requirements (as best as I can remember)

1. Seti as a Service
2. Ability to start and stop the Service on the entire LAN or WAN or whatever automatically on a specific time schedule.
3. Ability to stop the CLI CLIENT whenever certain programs are opened, such as the Program Manager.

I tried hooking him up with Crazee who also has the same requirements but I don't think anything has ever come from it.

I may not have some of this right but it is my drift on the situation. :(

Orange Kid

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: BlackMountainCow
Well, estimating that S@H I won't end till 2015 I guess you should take a shot at it ;)

I'm guessing RC5-72 will be solved first ;)

n0cmonkey

Elite Member
Jun 10, 2001
Originally posted by: Soggysocks
Guess we'll all just have to add a few new 'puters :)

If we all add one HT enabled cruncher........."It's do-able" :D

Are you donating? :p

kamper

Diamond Member
Mar 18, 2003
Originally posted by: Smoke
Originally posted by: kamper
That was babbage. I exchanged more than a few PMs with him and it seemed he was trying to get things going but had some issues that have stopped other huge fleets from ever getting out of space dock.

Requirements (as best as I can remember)

1. Seti as a Service
2. Ability to start and stop the Service on the entire LAN or WAN or whatever automatically on a specific time schedule.
3. Ability to stop the CLI CLIENT whenever certain programs are opened, such as the Program Manager.

I tried hooking him up with Crazee who also has the same requirements but I don't think anything has ever come from it.

I may not have some of this right but it is my drift on the situation. :(

Maybe we should try to bring that up again?

Aug 27, 2002

why would that be needed? the new version of seti driver (when running as a service) can be set to idle only, and doensn't interfere at all with other programs operations.

Smoke

Jan 3, 2001
Originally posted by: TofBnT
People see 99% computer usage and scream virus.

Voice of experience speaking there. ;) :(

Polo

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: lobadobadingdong

why would that be needed? the new version of seti driver (when running as a service) can be set to idle only, and doensn't interfere at all with other programs operations.

Sorry but even running idle, the SETI program can interfere with some application. It's not a very common situation but it could happen. I have one machine (kids's machine) with a no-name sound card and when SETI runs, loud sounds are crippled. :( You may tell me that this sound driver is flacky but the kids don't want me to pull off the sound card. ;)
Note : it does the same thing with F@H running idle only... :( I've tried with a sound blaster 128 and it also does the same... May be the bios ? I've the latest for this old mainboard (ASUS A7V with via kt133). :(