• Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the full details in the post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."

Announcement Ryzen Wraith Spire Cooler is Horrible.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Stuka87

Diamond Member
Dec 10, 2010
I just purchased a Ryzen 5 3600, X570 motherboard, and some memory. Was going to wait on getting aftermarket cooling but the stock cooler stopped me from even checking the system out. No copper core and it is supposedly a CPU that gets a little toasty.

Hopefully the cooler I purchased will arrive tomorrow. Just looking at the stock cooler was enough for me to not even consider using it.
You would be fine with the stock cooler in most scenarios. Like mentioned earlier in this thread, 7nm CPU's have higher reported temps, but that doesn't mean they need a big cooler. The wattage that needs to be dissipated isn't that high as its only a 65W CPU.

thilanliyan

Lifer
Jun 21, 2005
I've had my new R5 3600 running with the stock cooler just for some testing and it idles at like ~32C (according to HWInfo) on a X570 board. 58C idle doesn't sound right.

Load testing is a no-go with the stock cooler though lol.

ASK THE COMMUNITY