Ryzen 7 1700X Temperatures

MaiO

Oct 3, 2017
Hi all,

I just assembled a new PC based on a Ryzen 7 1700X. I have a couple of questions about the running temperatures.

Under load with Prime95 CPU is running at 3480 Mhz and cV of 1.304V. On top of it there is a bequiet Dark Rock 3 and CPU is showing 64 C with fans spinning at 1915 rpm after 1 hour run. This actually seems to be a good result.

What I'm doubting is that I place a bit too much of the thermal conductive paste and that this is influencing the temperatures. If I look under the CPU cooler, I can see the past that got out just a bit, which means that there is too much of it. This temps however do seem normal.

What do you think?

Topweasel

Diamond Member
Oct 19, 2000
Hi all,

I just assembled a new PC based on a Ryzen 7 1700X. I have a couple of questions about the running temperatures.

Under load with Prime95 CPU is running at 3480 Mhz and cV of 1.304V. On top of it there is a bequiet Dark Rock 3 and CPU is showing 64 C with fans spinning at 1915 rpm after 1 hour run. This actually seems to be a good result.

What I'm doubting is that I place a bit too much of the thermal conductive paste and that this is influencing the temperatures. If I look under the CPU cooler, I can see the past that got out just a bit, which means that there is too much of it. This temps however do seem normal.

What do you think?
Outside gushing out and spilling out of the cooler, I personally am not a believer in too much paste. A little bit on the outside basically means you should have great coverage under the cooler and not just a centered blob of it. Since temps look great I wouldn't give it another thought.

Reactions: IEC and MaiO

Rifter

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Outside gushing out and spilling out of the cooler, I personally am not a believer in too much paste. A little bit on the outside basically means you should have great coverage under the cooler and not just a centered blob of it. Since temps look great I wouldn't give it another thought.
I agree with this

Reactions: IEC

Crono

Lifer
Aug 8, 2001
Is that with or without temp offset? It's a good result, anyway. I wouldn't worry about the paste too much, but an even thin layer is always better. If you are going to reapply, just do a single pea sized drop in center and let the weight of the heatsink spread it. Hard to over-apply paste that way.

Great cooler, btw. I love be quiet!
(that's not me exclaiming that, it's just the exclamation mark in the name :D)