Question Ryzen 5 2600 build, old and new components - how to improve later?

ThomasK

Apr 6, 2019
1. My PC will be used for Adobe Lightroom, editing images and converting raw images, mounting panorama images with PTGui, some HDR editing with SNS-HDR, some Photoshop work, printing with Qimage on a HP Z3100 plotter. Later on I want to start also with some video editing with Adobe Premiere.
2. Right now my budget was 600€ for the already bought the components. Budget for upgrading around 600€ as the cash comes in....
3. I'm located in Italy, buying probably from Amazon.it
4. I have no brand preference.
5. My color calibrated Nec monitor runs at 1920x1200px
6. Will try some overclocking.

Motherboard Asus Prime X370-Pro (new)
Ryzen 5 2600 with boxed cooler (new)
Scythe Yasya cooler from old computer for overclocking, should stay on AM4 as stated from Scythe support
Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 X 8 GB), DDR4, 3000 MHz (new) should be updated later to 32 o 48 GB
Nvidia Quadro K620 with 2 GB (from old computer) - perhaps a critical piece?
Samsung MZ-V7S500BW SSD 970 EVO PLUS, 500 GB, M.2, NVMe (new)
Crucial MX300 SSD 500 GB (old boot ssd)
Hard disc WD Green 3 TB (from old computer)
Hard disc Hitachi 2 TB (from old computer)
Hard disc Samsung 1 Tb (from old computer)
The last two HD's are the first to go for a bigger unit

Case Zalman Z1 Neo (new)
Power Supply Antec VP450P (from old computer)
TP-Link WiFi card

2 portable Seagate Backup Plus each 4 TB for my image archive backups

That's the part list for the new computer which have to improved as soon as the cash comes in.
I'm open for all hints!

Shmee

Memory & Storage, Graphics Cards Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 13, 2008
Depending on age of the old Antec PSU, I would consider replacing it for this build. Also, as you are going with a X370 board and a 2000 series Ryzen, you may need a bios update first.

ThomasK

Apr 6, 2019
The build is up and running well with the above the components.
Thanks Shmee for the hint to replace the old Antec!

The latest Lightroom release is running fine, my concerns are about the quite old Nvidia Quadro K620 with 2 GB - but I'm a bit lost browsing through the Quadro cards.

Or maybe it's better to get Nvidia RTX GeForce 2060 once I replace the 450W Antec PSU. That would be a mid-range card in power and price.
A good test of different GPU's is at Pudget Systems

ThomasK

Apr 6, 2019
With some overclocking the Ryzen 5 2600 runs now at 3800 GHz and the Corsair Vengeance (3000) at 3133 MHz. It's quite tricky for a non-geek to find the right combination with clocking and voltage.
Very happy with the Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500Gb, I better should have taken the 1 TB version.