Ryzen 3000 event 17 WHEA errors

Hi-Fi Man

Oct 19, 2013
Anybody getting these errors on PCIe devices?

I'm running an ASRock B450 mini-ITX board with a Ryzen 3700X and a GeForce GTX 1080 Ti. I keep getting these errors on boot: "A corrected hardware error has occurred." Windows also seems to be taking awhile to boot.

Capture.JPG

Mar 1, 2014
Sources say that this is missing/old drivers issue and must update all drivers.

tamz_msc

Platinum Member
Jan 5, 2017
This is an ongoing issue that'll probably need a bios update to fix. The cause of this is unknown, it might be an issue with Windows itself.

Hi-Fi Man

Oct 19, 2013
I'm on the latest chipset driver and nvidia driver. Strange thing just happened, after uninstalling the old Windows ADK and installing the new one and then running the startup time assessment, the errors went away and Windows was booting instantly again even after multiple restarts. They came back as soon as I tried a cold boot... Only thing I can think of was that it went away after the system was on for a bit?

This crap needs to be fixed. Early adopter tax and all but still. I've been building since 2008 with x86 platforms all the way back to socket A and socket 478 and I've never dealt with such unpolished firmware.

tamz_msc

Platinum Member
Jan 5, 2017
I'm on the latest chipset driver and nvidia driver. Strange thing just happened, after uninstalling the old Windows ADK and installing the new one and then running the startup time assessment, the errors went away and Windows was booting instantly again even after multiple restarts. They came back as soon as I tried a cold boot... Only thing I can think of was that it went away after the system was on for a bit?

This crap needs to be fixed. Early adopter tax and all but still. I've been building since 2008 with x86 platforms all the way back to socket A and socket 478 and I've never dealt with such unpolished firmware.
NVIDIA has also reproduced this error and are looking into it. Yeah I agree, the BIOSes are a mess right now.

beginner99

Diamond Member
Jun 2, 2009
See also on r/AMD.

It's unclear what is causing the issue. Suspicion is it's nvme drives and not the GPU.
But some are running this without issue. It could be most recent windows 10 update as well.

IEC

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Jun 10, 2004
I'm running on Windows 10 build 1903 with all updates. Also using an nvme 960 evo + RTX 2080 Ti video card.

I have zero of these errors in my Event Viewer --> Windows Logs --> System log

Thunder 57

Aug 19, 2007

I agree. Started building on Socket A and don't remember seeing so many mistakes. And it just got much worse.

IEC

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Jun 10, 2004
Apparently this particular error is also occurring on Intel systems. That would suggest it's not new with Ryzen.

Thunder 57

Aug 19, 2007
Apparently this particular error is also occurring on Intel systems. That would suggest it's not new with Ryzen.
Could you please provide a source so I don't have to go try to find one? Presumably it's been working on Intel as they haven't released anything. Or were you talking about the Rdrand and Linux error?

Hi-Fi Man

Oct 19, 2013
I agree. Started building on Socket A and don't remember seeing so many mistakes. And it just got much worse.
That is absolutely ridiculous. Glad I didn't try to go and play destiny 2 yet; I would've been furious to find out that way. How could something that obvious be missed and on such a popular game!?!? Did anybody do any QA on these things?