Question ryzen 2200g manual OC not downclocking on idle

ventus

Jan 15, 2019
i have manually oc'ed my 2200g thru bios my settings are 3.8ghz at 1.325volts. i have done some benchmarks and my system is stable. my only gripe is the processor wont downclock at idle it is always at full ghz.

i already enabled amd cool and quiet at bios, enabled global c-state and have tried both balance and ryzen power balance at power settings.

my motherboard is b450m msi bazooka plus.

did i miss something?

Jun 12, 2018
There are a lot of MSI boards that don't support PBO, basically even with c-states enabled you will always be running a static OC.

ItsAlive

Golden Member
Oct 7, 2005
If you are running windows 10 make sure under power options, its set to balanced and if that doesn't work you should check this out. AMD balanced power plan You may need to download this chipset driver for it to work.

coercitiv

Diamond Member
Jan 24, 2014
The bad news is you're not missing anything, budget MSI boards only support this static overclock.

The good news is you don't really need the CPU to ramp down, all you really need is to have functional c-states. As long as the cores properly enter a deep sleep state when idle you get 90%+ of the power savings.