Question Rx570 bug

veljko46

Jan 12, 2020
So, i bought a rx570 and she is working with i7 4790 12 gb ram on original windows 10...
After about 2 hours playing csgo when i hit windows button on my keyboard my screen is in lines and there is no picture showing...
I tested her in superposition, and it is all good so i dont know what is the problem...
btw my psu is 500w chieftec

Duckboy

Jan 12, 2020
Did you install the new 2020 drivers? I've had major issues with them, rolling back to the last driver of 2019 fixed almost all the problems, I have an RX 580, there's seriously issues with the newest drivers

veljko46

Jan 12, 2020
Did you install the new 2020 drivers? I've had major issues with them, rolling back to the last driver of 2019 fixed almost all the problems, I have an RX 580, there's seriously issues with the newest drivers
In my country chieftec is known as good psu so I bought that, but I think its not a problem

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
In my country chieftec is known as good psu so I bought that, but I think its not a problem
Have you measured the PSU's output with a multimeter or power supply tester?

If not, you shouldn't rule it out. I've seen plenty of "budget" power supplies cause all sorts of odd issues like that over the years.

Reactions: Duckboy

Duckboy

Jan 12, 2020
It's probably is the 2020 driver tho, but do yourself and your PC a favour, buy a good psu, btw I'm using driver 19.12.2 anything after that I have serious issues.

veljko46

Jan 12, 2020

If not, you should rule it out. I've seen plenty of "budget" power supplies cause all sorts of odd issues like that over the years.

If not, you should rule it out. I've seen plenty of "budget" power supplies cause all sorts of odd issues like that over the years.
Hm, i can do that, they told me that that psu will be enough for my components and if it is not enough my pc will will detect it as a problem right after I turn on a pc. I was like ok you work in the store you know better...

veljko46

Jan 12, 2020
It's probably is the 2020 driver tho, but do yourself and your PC a favour, buy a good psu, btw I'm using driver 19.12.2 anything after that I have serious issues.
Thanks, I thought that my gpu is dying, but after she passed superposition test without crashing I was confused cuz lines and some weird white screen appears when I hit that windows button

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
Hm, i can do that, they told me that that psu will be enough for my components and if it is not enough my pc will will detect it as a problem right after I turn on a pc. I was like ok you work in the store you know better...
PSUs typically cause problems when loaded. After you stop playing the game, and when the output suddenly drops, that could be what is causing the problem.

I'm not telling you it is the problem for sure, I'm just saying don't rule it out without looking into it.

Reactions: Duckboy

Duckboy

Jan 12, 2020

If not, you shouldn't rule it out. I've seen plenty of "budget" power supplies cause all sorts of odd issues like that over the years.
Me too, I had a 750w psu that cost me £30 (can't remember the name of it lol) thought it would do the job, it had issues running a hd 6770, random crashes, then not booting after a while, lesson learned, don't use a cheap psu.

veljko46

Jan 12, 2020
PSUs typically cause problems when loaded. After you stop playing the game, and when the output suddenly drops, that could be what is causing the problem.

I'm not telling you it is the problem for sure, I'm just saying don't rule it out without looking into it.
Hm, but my game is still turned on when that happens, I just switch scene to discord for example(I am using windows button for tha, don't ask me why haha).
Is the situation about output drop same in that case or?

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
I had a Chieftec PSU once, back in my Athlon XP days. Once I upgraded to my X800 card, it wasn't good enough, all of my HDDs would spin-down when I started a 3D app. Replaced it with a SuperFlower. (This was back in the Windows XP days.)

veljko46

Jan 12, 2020
I had a Chieftec PSU once, back in my Athlon XP days. Once I upgraded to my X800 card, it wasn't good enough, all of my HDDs would spin-down when I started a 3D app. Replaced it with a SuperFlower. (This was back in the Windows XP days.)
So which psu brand is good?
Cooler master, be quite,corsair, and?

Duckboy

Jan 12, 2020
I have an Xfx Pro psu 550w 46amp single rail, I once ran 2 Hd 7850's with a 3770k@4.5ghz on it, ran great, but for crossfire stutter, anything like that PSU is more than enough these days. Main thing, AMPS and power delivery, just grab a well known brand 600w PSU