Question RX 6600XT black screen

KennySBA

Dec 23, 2021
Hello.Can some1 help me with an advice?.I was a movie and after several "software issue" if I remember good the screen looks like this after several seconds of black screen .I want to mention that I was just watching a movie nothing else a lot of black screens with software issue .I have windows 10 with every updates and last adrenalin update.I have got many amd crash reports...PC specs:cpu:r5 2600
ram:16GB 3200MHz dude....jpg
video card : 6600xt hellhound
mb:b350m mortar
psu:750w
Any solution or I have just to refund ?I have it for like 3weeks almost 4....

nightspydk

Sep 7, 2012
have you tired updating the (video) driver. normally i would guess at heating but since you are just watching a movie that seems far fetched. as far as your PSU goes that seems more than adequate. good luck sorting it :)

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator CPU Forum Mod and Elite Member
Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
I think Kenny has his drivers and OS all properly updated from reading the first post. Lets get into the service and software used for playback -

The movie is being played on what streaming service with which browser? Or is this a local file or physical disk. In which case, what player are you using? This could be a case of needing to disable hardware acceleration or something simple like. Or just using a different app or browser.