Rut-roh....winning six tours just got a little harder for Lance....

Aquaman

Lifer
Dec 17, 1999
I used to watch Tour de France from the mid 80's to the mid 90's.

It would be cool if he could win 6 in a row.

I'm no biker but if Indurain & Armstrong went head to head in their prime......... who would win?

Cheers,
Aquaman

GalvanizedYankee

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2003
I don't follow bicycle racing.

I have little doubt that US Postal will have problems fielding a team for Lance.
That they do it in time to train as a team is important.

Six in a row would really cap-off his racing in Europe.

I read his book, Its Not About The Bike. He is one hard headed Texan......:sun:

Aquaman

Lifer
Dec 17, 1999
Also ........ do you have the Tour de France Sound track by John Tesh :D

It's actually pretty good :D

Cheers,
Aquaman

GalvanizedYankee

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2003
Originally posted by: Aquaman

I'm no biker but if Indurain & Armstrong went head to head in their prime......... who would win?

Cheers,
Aquaman

Indurain & Armstong are good friends. He visited Lance during his recovery from cancer.

Indurain has admitted to drug use and blood doping during his prime.
Lance does neither, he lives in Nice,Fr. where he can be tested at any time for any reason.

Lance would tear his legs off in the mountains................:)

Fausto

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2000
Originally posted by: Aquaman

Cheers,
Aquaman
I'd have to go with Lance. Indurain won the tour by sticking close to his rivals in the mountains and then kicking their asses in the time trials. Being a "big" guy, he had a hard time sticking with explosive climbers and Lance is definitely an explosive climber. Also, Lance is a monster time trialist who could probably keep pace with Mig or even beat him depending on the course.

Aquaman

Lifer
Dec 17, 1999
How about lance vs greg lemond? I love how lemond beat out "the Professor" laurent figon (sp?) in the last time trial :D to win the tour that year :D

Cheers,
Aquaman

MaxDepth

Diamond Member
Jun 12, 2001
He probably left because he couldn't stand seeing Lance schtupp some Hollywood actress. (or was it a singer? whatever.)

Fausto

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2000
Originally posted by: MaxDepth
He probably left because he couldn't stand seeing Lance schtupp some Hollywood actress. (or was it a singer? whatever.)
Hehe....I doubt it. Roberto is establishing a track record of jumping ship to greener pastures whenever possible. He did the same thing to his old team (Kelme) when he came over to USPS. Honestly, this is not a terrible move for USPS since the new team has to buy out his contract (which is up at the end of 2004). If they waited another season, he'd just be out the door.

Hopefully, they can use the money to sign a suitable replacement.

anxi80

Lifer
Jul 7, 2002
Originally posted by: MaxDepth
isnt it sandra bullock? not too sure though...

Fausto

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2000
Originally posted by: pulse8
Why the fvck does the post office have a bike racing team?
For the same reason any other company sponsors a team: exposure. They certainly got plenty of that thanks to Lance.

ASK THE COMMUNITY