Russian Suicide Attempt....

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Jun 27, 2005
Looks like a re-do of the scene in Heroes where the cheerleader shows she's invincible by jumping off the bleachers...

Edit: Dammit BM!

brxndxn

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2001
I watched an episode of Cops in the 80s where some guy who had just taken an 8ball of PCP (whatever the fuck that is) was running from the cops. He ran up to the 6th floor of a parking garage and jumped off as soon as the cops got there.. Then, the cameras looked down to where he was on the ground - face first on the parking lot. Then.. the cops on the ground started chasing him as he just got up and ran another four blocks..

Maybe some people are just good at falling?

d33pt

Diamond Member
Jan 12, 2001
Originally posted by: brxndxn
I watched an episode of Cops in the 80s where some guy who had just taken an 8ball of PCP (whatever the fuck that is) was running from the cops. He ran up to the 6th floor of a parking garage and jumped off as soon as the cops got there.. Then, the cameras looked down to where he was on the ground - face first on the parking lot. Then.. the cops on the ground started chasing him as he just got up and ran another four blocks..

Maybe some people are just good at falling?

that guy was dead. he just didn't know it yet since he was so high on PCP. i doubt he survived later.

Sqube

Diamond Member
Dec 23, 2004
Originally posted by: gorcorps
Originally posted by: thetxstang
Nice video, but obviously fake.

Didn't think it was THAT obvious... very well done IMO. Good link OP

I think people are saying it's obviously fake because he jumped off of a building and immediately walked away, not because of the quality of the video.

I think it was pretty well done, myself.

loup garou

Lifer
Feb 17, 2000
Originally posted by: rh71
The body WOULD bounce. I have seen numerous real videos of people jumping from buildings/bridges & hitting the ground. They bounce & generally from higher buildings/bridges if they strike a hard surface (like concrete) the extremities will pop off, sometimes completely.
Last year, a lawyer committed suicide off the Empire State Building, my gf works across the street. There was a leg and a hand in front of their office. Of course, he hit a setback about halfway down and most of him was left there...but yeah, extremities pop off.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
In New York, the folks on the ground watching would probably be yelling:

"HURRY UP AND JUMP YOU MOTHERFUCKER, I'M GONNA MISS MY BUS!

But yeah, that was pretty well done...except for the bounce...

XxPrOdiGyxX

Dec 29, 2002
Wow people, there is not IF it's fake. IT IS fake. All his bones would be broken and he'd be a spot on the pavement. People die jumping off bridges and hitting the water at that height. What makes you think he could survive a sidewalk?

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Originally posted by: Cdubneeddeal
Almost had me going. Actually did a decent job with the blood splatter on the ground.
I was a believer right up until he stood and walked around.

Jhill

Diamond Member
Oct 28, 2001
Originally posted by: yankeesfan
OMG is this real?

Yes, it's real. There are a bunch of pussies in this thread that would die if they tried it so the think it's fake. Just because this guy is tough doesn't mean it's fake.

destrekor

Lifer
Nov 18, 2005
Originally posted by: Jhill
Originally posted by: yankeesfan
OMG is this real?

Yes, it's real. There are a bunch of pussies in this thread that would die if they tried it so the think it's fake. Just because this guy is tough doesn't mean it's fake.

:laugh: