Russiagate Is Making Everyone Stupid

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

destrekor

Lifer
Nov 18, 2005
Add Trey Benghazi Gowdy to the list of Republicans breaking with the House Intel committee findings.

Gowdy splits with GOP Intel Committee, says Russia worked against Clinton

https://www.axios.com/gowdy-house-republicans-russia-310a7f10-787c-4c40-ae33-7dbe8e235871.html

Oh wow, that axios link had the Pennsylvania special election live coverage, and holy shit, a very Red district appears to be flipping, if ever so barely, to Blue. That's actually a big test for both parties, and a big F U to Pennsylvania's significant gerrymandering. Just looking at the district, it should rarely ever go Blue, there's enough Red low-population land packed against the urban Blue population that it'd take a very strong Dem turnout and a bit of a weaker GOP turnout.

mikeymikec

Lifer
May 19, 2011
Coming back to the OP, I'm a bit confused. Maybe @unseenmorbidity can explain it to me?

The quote asserts that the "White Helmets" are part of a destablisation effort in Syria. This would be an organisation that was created after the civil war started, a civil war that started when the Assad government's forces opened fire on a pro-democracy rally and subsequently tried to claim down on nationwide protests with force? This would be the government that has relentlessly bombed civilian targets, abandoned ceasefires, used chemical weapons against the populace, stopped aid convoys helping civilians, reduced many cities to smoldering ruins, caused millions of civilians to flee, and a general situation that even if the civil war ended right now in the most civil and generally agreeable way Syria would take many decades to recover, and you're talking about some random organisation that isn't the government as being part of a "destabilisation effort"?

You don't think that a government engaging in all of those military actions against its own people is a destabilising move? What exactly can an organisation that didn't exist at the start of a civil war be doing during a civil war to destabilise a civil war?

I guess the OP isn't coming back...