Russia on brink of ... NOPE! Russia INVADES Ukraine!

Page 909 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Young Grasshopper

Nov 9, 2007
The proof that Russia didn’t intend to abide by it is that they didn’t abide by it.

Regardless, they invaded their neighbor! That’s not peaceful.

Can you make the simple statement that Russia is not a peaceful nation as shown by the invasion of their neighbors? That should be easy for you.

Russia is not a peaceful nation. Happy now? I don’t support any invasions.

The proof that they didn’t abide by it is because you say they didn’t. Great argument there. I’ll take Merkel’s direct words as evident thank you.

But let me guess, you somehow think the US is the symbol of peace? The US is currently occupying a third of Syria, illegally. Are you going to call for US troops to pull out of Syria? Probably not, because it’s OK when the US commits genocide in Syria, Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya and countless other countries. I can assure you over the last 20 years the US has killed far far more troops/innocent civilians than Russia has.

So are you going to start calling for the withdrawal of Syria and Somalia? If you do then we’re on the same page.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rommelrommel

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2002
Russia is not a peaceful nation. Happy now? I don’t support any invasions.

But let me guess, you somehow think the US is the symbol of peace? The US is currently occupying a third of Syria, illegally. Are you going to call for US troops to pull out of Syria? Probably not, because it’s OK when the US commits genocide in Syria, Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya and countless other countries. I can assure you over the last 20 years the US has killed far far more troops/innocent civilians than Russia has.

So are you going to start calling for the withdrawal of Syria and Somalia? If you do then we’re on the same page.

lol, you are really calling out the wrong poster on that topic. Although I think he’s addressed it roughly a billion times and you just choose to ignore his answers and proceed with your broken record of whataboutism.

Reactions: Meghan54

Young Grasshopper

Nov 9, 2007
He offered to resign, and it's because it wasn't a simple mistake. He suggested Ukraine may have inadvertently caused civilian deaths, causing outrage in his country and giving the Russians propaganda fodder. He may not have meant any harm by it, but it's not a mistake a political leader can really afford to make — they want to be damn sure that a serious claim like this holds up under scrutiny.

So is Zelensky going to resign because he falsely claimed Russia struck Poland when in reality it was a Ukrainian anti aircraft missile that went astray? Don't you want a serious claim like this to hold up under scrutiny? Didn’t think so.

Is Von Der Leyen going to resign for stating 100000 Ukrainian troops have died so far then walking it back later? Didn’t think so.

When this guy ends up giving his exit interview to the press and states what he said was accurate and was pressured to resign, I expect an apology.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
So is Zelensky going to resign because he falsely claimed Russia struck Poland when in reality it was a Ukrainian anti aircraft missile that went astray? Don't you want a serious claim like this to hold up under scrutiny? Didn’t think so.

Is Von Der Leyen going to resign for stating 100000 Ukrainian troops have died so far then walking it back later? Didn’t think so.

When this guy ends up giving his exit interview to the press and states what he said was accurate and was pressured to resign, I expect an apology.

There can be no tolerance for Putin’s cock gobblers.

Brovane

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2001

Arestovych government position in the Ukrainian government is basically the same as a Cabinet position in the US, appointed. Zelensky and Von Der Leyen serve in elected positions not appointed positions. Do you understand the difference?

Reactions: RnR_au

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Great work by the Bulgarian PM for manoeuvring around the Russian puppets in the government to provide crucial help for Ukraine.

There needs to be a purge. And by purge I mean large "bonfires" in every European Capitol where we cleanse ourselves of these traitors.
At the very least round these bitches up and exile them. The lot of them.

NTMBK

Lifer
Nov 14, 2011
Great work by the Bulgarian PM for manoeuvring around the Russian puppets in the government to provide crucial help for Ukraine.

I wonder if Bulgaria might be a source for some of the tank parts that the UK are providing? They are apparently buying some on the open market, and Bulgaria selling off some of their T72 spares out of storage would fit.

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004

I do want accountability. But I also realize it's not as simple as quitting your job the moment you get a key claim wrong. Especially for people like Zelenskyy, who otherwise has a pretty solid track record and is as much a morale booster for his country as he is a politician.

I'm amused that you've gone from asking questions about the real motivations to resign to assuming he was forced out for telling the truth, all the while offering zero evidence. Moreover, you act as if you're a uniquely enlightened being educating us rubes on how NATO is supposedly all-evil while poor, innocent Russia just wants to protect itself by invading its neighbor and erasing all local culture and political dissent.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
I wonder if Bulgaria might be a source for some of the tank parts that the UK are providing? They are apparently buying some on the open market, and Bulgaria selling off some of their T72 spares out of storage would fit.

It's possible they are new production as well. Companies in Poland and the Czech Republic have considerable experience producing new soviet pattern spares/upgrade packages.

Reactions: NTMBK

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
kissinger should die already. His vietnam policy and pretty much every other policy he had was horrible.

Agreed. Although I'm thinking at his advanced age, maybe, just maybe, he's reflected on all of the misdeeds, failed plots and transgressions of his past and is now attempting to redeem himself in the eyes of history.

Nahhhhhh, just who the hell am I kidding. The guy's ego is probably as legendary and flatulent as Trump's.

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
I think all of the pro war propaganda you guys have been fed the past year and how it is all going will soon unravel. Can’t ignore reality forever. Also the fact that Ukraine is now asking for more tank and artillery then the entire German army has, tell us this war of attrition is not going well.

Russia. Invaded. A. Sovereign. Nation.

Fucking period.

The only pro-war people here are the Russians and you.

Peace is easy; Russia leaves Ukraine to the agreed upon borders of the original treaty.

Full fucking stop.

It really is that simple.