Russia on brink of ... NOPE! Russia INVADES Ukraine!

Page 847 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
They lost their ability to launch new offensives? More like Ukraine has lost the ability to continue its advances.

There’s a reason why Putin conscripted 300,000 soldiers. They’re either training for an offensive or will continue to hold eastern Ukraine and will stay there permanently. And quite honestly, I don’t see a problem with this considering our country is currently occupying a third of Syria illegally. Can you guess which part of Syria? Of course the part where the oil is. Putin will keep troops stationed in eastern Ukraine, where all of the valuable resources are. No different than what we’re doing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sometimes it is difficult to tell if your account has been hacked and someone is deliberately attempting to make you look stupid.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
They lost their ability to launch new offensives? More like Ukraine has lost the ability to continue its advances.

There’s a reason why Putin conscripted 300,000 soldiers. They’re either training for an offensive or will continue to hold eastern Ukraine and will stay there permanently. And quite honestly, I don’t see a problem with this considering our country is currently occupying a third of Syria illegally. Can you guess which part of Syria? Of course the part where the oil is. Putin will keep troops stationed in eastern Ukraine, where all of the valuable resources are. No different than what we’re doing.

Oh my. "Quite honestly," that's funny, considering the wake of falsehoods and lies trailing behind you.

Dude you've done nothing in this thread but prove you are full of shit - why are you still dispensing your worthless analysis to people laughing at you? You don't even know basic info about NATO and European history, who is it that you think cares what you think about Syria? lol That's aside from your Russian delusions I mean.

How old are you? Are you actually a low information 15 year old, or is it an act?

Last edited:
Reactions: Meghan54

JTsyo

Lifer
Nov 18, 2007

The true reason why the US is still in Syria:

While there are concerns about Russia and Iranian-backed militias gaining a greater foothold in the country’s center and east, a major reason for the U.S. presence is deterring Turkey from launching an attack against the SDF — a group it considers terrorists. A U.S. military withdrawal, then, would leave American anti-ISIS partners targeted by a NATO ally, giving space for the once-prominent terrorist group to reconstitute itself. Such an event would destroy any chance of a long-needed political settlement to the war, even if one remains far off.That scenario would also likely lead the SDF to abandon the prisons holding tens of thousands of ISIS prisoners to deal with the Turkish threat —something that happened during Ankara’s invasion in 2019.

uallas5

Golden Member
Jun 3, 2005
Feel bad for these guys, STALKER is one of my all-time favorite games.

STALKER Cosplayers Killed After Russia Allegedly Mistakes Them For Ukraine Spies (gamerant.com)

Of course, the FSB tried to play it off as them stopping a Ukrainian Special Forces attack during the Yerevan summit.

According to the state-sanctioned account, the counter-intelligence operation resulted in three SBU casualties who were plotting an attack on regional energy infrastructure from a house in Voronezh. But The Moscow Times promptly claimed it has identified two of the three deceased as airsoft players who, while not sympathetic to Vladimir Putin's incumbent government, were merely cosplayers who'd occasionally dress up as Stalkers from the titular video game series,

Guess they ran into some trigger happy, rear guard types; shoot first and ask questions later.

• Wow
Reactions: pmv

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Seems the Ukrainians would like to have many more SPAAGs.

The upgraded Gepards are probably very good at taking out loitering munitions and Iranian drones. KMW can spit out a few reconditioned units a month and there are plenty of them available in Europe to be had. Ammo is the limiting factor but if somebody pays NAMMO to expand their lines would be less of one, though Rheinmetall will start producing 35mm soon also. The Germans are also trying to sell Skyshield systems so they need a large reliable domestic supply of this ammunition and clearly that's not going to come from Switzerland.

Reactions: Leeea

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
Feel bad for these guys, STALKER is one of my all-time favorite games.

STALKER Cosplayers Killed After Russia Allegedly Mistakes Them For Ukraine Spies (gamerant.com)

Of course, the FSB tried to play it off as them stopping a Ukrainian Special Forces attack during the Yerevan summit.

According to the state-sanctioned account, the counter-intelligence operation resulted in three SBU casualties who were plotting an attack on regional energy infrastructure from a house in Voronezh. But The Moscow Times promptly claimed it has identified two of the three deceased as airsoft players who, while not sympathetic to Vladimir Putin's incumbent government, were merely cosplayers who'd occasionally dress up as Stalkers from the titular video game series,

Guess they ran into some trigger happy, rear guard types; shoot first and ask questions later.
Takes a special kind of person to cosplay paramilitary agents in an active theater.

Reactions: Bitek

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Huh Stoltenberg says NATO is considering transfer of Patriot systems to Ukraine. I guess this is the preferable alternative to giving Ukraine the means to target Russian assets inside Russia itself that are responsible for the attacks on civli infrastructure. Would also blunt the threat from SRBMs.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Good, Ukrainians need to drop the hammer on this Russian offensive, finish off that orc morale. Glad to hear those French launchers showed up, hope they're already sending hate downrange. Prof Mike Clark on Sky News was just talking about how some Wagner element actually gained some ground south of Bakhmut. Looks like Russia has really dug into Eastern Kherson Oblast too. Fortifying their lines of communication too, they know the attacks will be deep. sauce

It's too bad 35mm isn't used by the States, wish we could send them a load to tide them over until Nammo can churn it out in quantity. We should send them vintage 40mm AA guns for vehicle mounting, that'd work great on those Iranian drones and we have plenty of 40mm to spare.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
It's too bad 35mm isn't used by the States, wish we could send them a load to tide them over until Nammo can churn it out in quantity. We should send them vintage 40mm AA guns for vehicle mounting, that'd work great on those Iranian drones and we have plenty of 40mm to spare.

Not sure how many of those we've got laying around but I had also figured we'd gotten rid of the HAWK SAMs but apparently not. A possible 40mm SPAAG with an advanced fire control radar and programmable ammunition would probably let you reach out and touch drones at ranges of 10-12km from the L/70 gun. Would also be quite deadly for manned aircraft.

Nov 17, 2019
Ooopppsss ....
Fire At Oil Depot In Russian Region Bordering Ukraine: Governor

www.barrons.com.ico
Barron's|11 minutes ago
An oil depot in Russia's Bryansk region near the border with Ukraine was on fire Wednesday, according to the local governor.

That seems to be happening to various things there.

Reactions: Roger Wilco

Pens1566

Lifer
Oct 11, 2005
Long term geo-politically speaking, a bankrupt and conventionally neutered Russia ain't a great thing. It's walking a very fine line between pushing that path just enough to get Vlad out (in some way) and having it descend into fractured "tribal" areas all going rogue with scattered stocks of maybe operational nukes.

Reactions: Perknose
Nov 17, 2019
^^^ Like I asked way back early in the thread that nobody really addressed...... What happens AfterVlad? Hardliners are lining up to fill his shoes. Ideally they would be broken in a way that they cannot rebuild from.

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002
How many HIMARS have russian destroyed so far? I have access to RT News and every week they report to have destroyed at least one of them if not more.

Think I read somewhere 1 was being repaired from shrapnel damage. Good thing about HIMARS is its a standard barrel length so just take the old one out and put an intact in.

The Ukrainians were only given 16 AFAIK and that was enough to make Russia leave half of their occupied territory.

Maybe we should give em more.. and some with longer range!

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
How many HIMARS have russian destroyed so far? I have access to RT News and every week they report to have destroyed at least one of them if not more.

Probably more than were ever produced by now.

Think I read somewhere 1 was being repaired from shrapnel damage. Good thing about HIMARS is its a standard barrel length so just take the old one out and put an intact in.

The Ukrainians were only given 16 AFAIK and that was enough to make Russia leave half of their occupied territory.

Maybe we should give em more.. and some with longer range!

They have 20 M142s and I think 18 M270 (including foreign variants). The limiting factors in use are now likely GMLRS supply and intel on targets within range. Since its clear we won't supply ATACMS and ER GMLRS probably is not yet available in any significant numbers we appear to be leaning to buying them the GLSDB which gets them the 150km range they want although with a smaller warhead. GLSDB is also probably half the cost per munition of GMLRS with different supply chains except the motor which is in good supply.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Seems the Ukrainians would like to have many more SPAAGs.

The upgraded Gepards are probably very good at taking out loitering munitions and Iranian drones. KMW can spit out a few reconditioned units a month and there are plenty of them available in Europe to be had. Ammo is the limiting factor but if somebody pays NAMMO to expand their lines would be less of one, though Rheinmetall will start producing 35mm soon also. The Germans are also trying to sell Skyshield systems so they need a large reliable domestic supply of this ammunition and clearly that's not going to come from Switzerland.

The hull on that vehicle looks very similar to an American M60 tank.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
The hull on that vehicle looks very similar to an American M60 tank.

Yeah with an extra road wheel. Makes sense since the M60 and Leopard 1 were designed at basically the same time so there would be some design similarities.