Russia on brink of ... NOPE! Russia INVADES Ukraine!

Page 846 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
This deserves a good discussion; though I suppose this is not the right thread. My view is one of data not politics and all I have say is that there are an awful lot of deaths in USA via guns that don't exist in other countries. There are countries with a lot of guns but without the murders though they have restrictions or procedures that are a bit more rigid before one can obtain a gun; but at the end of the day those who really want a gun can get one.

My view is lets analyze the data and then find a solution that works because there are way too many killings right now. Having said that unfortunately politics will get in the way... because after all at least for some folks it isn't about solving the problem of mass killings it is about getting the vote.
Why don't @you2 start a thread instead of dropping that in here? I'm more than fine with what you2 are saying. And yes, I suppose there are threads already where your ideas belong, but AFAIC there can't be too many threads with your sentiments.

Last edited:
Reactions: Leeea

Young Grasshopper

Nov 9, 2007
The idea that Ukraine would somehow bankrupt the US is laughable. If anything it shows just how far ahead we are. For the cost of a fraction of our yearly military expenditures we have destroyed almost the entire offensive capacity of the Russian army, which was supposed to be our closest peer. We could do this ten times over and not feel it in any significant way.

Destroyed their offensive capability? Yeah such a good job our air defense systems are doing when Ukraine has been plunged into darkness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Young Grasshopper

Nov 9, 2007
Just take a moment to think about it.

Just think about it for a brief moment.

We have $68 billion in Ukraine.

Trump soaked us for $7.8 trillion.

Turns out, having a rich criminal steal $7.8 trillion was not enough to put us under, although it certainly did some nasty things to inflation.

A few billion doesn't matter one way or another.

If Trump can run up a few trillion to pad his buddies pockets, we can spend a few billion on freedom in Ukraine.

So what your saying is because Trump screwed over the poor, it’s OK for Biden to do it as well. Got it.

Dec 10, 2005
So what your saying is because Trump screwed over the poor, it’s OK for Biden to do it as well. Got it.

Do you think the poor can eat HIMARS? I don't think that they are part of a balanced diet.

Much of the aid has consisted of cycling out our old stock that we would have either retired or refurbished. It's not like we have literally handed Ukraine $68 billion in cash.

Reactions: Number1 and Leeea

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
How much is Silly Putty paying this stooge?

House Republican says Congress doesn't need to pass 'Democrat bills' that help Ukraine

thehill.com.ico
The Hill|52 minutes ago
Rep. Mike Turner (R-Ohio) on Sunday said Congress does not need to pass "Democrat bills" with big price tags to help Ukraine, saying the incoming Republican majority in the House will ...

Repubs want to get some credit for helping Ukraine, having to sit back and see the Dems get the glory. To do this, Repubs want to territorially piss on the funding in order to lay claim to it by making it appear that no funding will pass unless they approve of every last bullet and camo bandana that gets sent there.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Destroyed their offensive capability? Yeah such a good job our air defense systems are doing when Ukraine has been plunged into darkness.
Yes, Russia is still able to conduct terror bombing but they have lost their ability to launch new offensives to take new territory and have been in steady retreat since mid-summer.

I'm not sure if they tell you this on the tankie channels you follow - are they telling you that Russia's glorious conquest is almost complete?

rommelrommel

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2002
Yes, Russia is still able to conduct terror bombing but they have lost their ability to launch new offensives to take new territory and have been in steady retreat since mid-summer.

I'm not sure if they tell you this on the tankie channels you follow - are they telling you that Russia's glorious conquest is almost complete?

Even most of the tankies have admitted that something is really wrong with their military’s performance. Only the dumbest westerners are still waiting for Putin to unleash his secret good army.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005

Look if the woman named Ukraine would just stop struggling during the rape then Russia would stop hitting her. She just needs to lay back and enjoy it for her own good.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001

If it were not for Putin's threat of unleashing WW III nuclear Armageddon, the US and others would have supplied weapons that would have prevented this. Russia is the world's bad boy and needs to be spanked into submission. NATO allies' (and others') weapons & supplies and continuing strangling of the Russian economy and imperialist proclivities via sanctions will get the job done eventually. Reducing dependencies on Russian oil and gas will speed it up.

Last edited:
Reactions: tweaker2 and Leeea

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Even most of the tankies have admitted that something is really wrong with their military’s performance. Only the dumbest westerners are still waiting for Putin to unleash his secret good army.

Going to be rolling the T-55s soon to lure the Ukrainians into a false sense of security. All according to plan comrades.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
Going to be rolling the T-55s soon to lure the Ukrainians into a false sense of security. All according to plan comrades.
9 months into 4 day war all plans are being executed exactly on schedule. Soon the secret good army will be unleashed. Putin remains a master strategist.

Leeea

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2020
9 months into 4 day war all plans are being executed exactly on schedule. Soon the secret good army will be unleashed. Putin remains a master strategist.
3 day war.
special military operation.

You will now be executed at dawn for crimes against the Russian federation.

What? Your claming I said the nasty three letter word above? Don't be silly, I would never say that. Besides, rules are for you, not me.

Last edited:

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Yeah that's some clip, yikes. Would definitely suck to be on the receiving end of 40x53mm salvos. Messes you up within 15m, kills you within 5m. Looked like a couple of those were center mass hits, others damn close to that. Least it was quick and no Ukrainians were at risk to deliver the attack, just the way it should be.

Young Grasshopper

Nov 9, 2007

They lost their ability to launch new offensives? More like Ukraine has lost the ability to continue its advances.

There’s a reason why Putin conscripted 300,000 soldiers. They’re either training for an offensive or will continue to hold eastern Ukraine and will stay there permanently. And quite honestly, I don’t see a problem with this considering our country is currently occupying a third of Syria illegally. Can you guess which part of Syria? Of course the part where the oil is. Putin will keep troops stationed in eastern Ukraine, where all of the valuable resources are. No different than what we’re doing.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: kage69

rommelrommel

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2002
They lost their ability to launch new offensives? More like Ukraine has lost the ability to continue its advances.

There’s a reason why Putin conscripted 300,000 soldiers. They’re either training for an offensive or will continue to hold eastern Ukraine and will stay there permanently. And quite honestly, I don’t see a problem with this considering our country is currently occupying a third of Syria illegally. Can you guess which part of Syria? Of course the part where the oil is. Putin will keep troops stationed in eastern Ukraine, where all of the valuable resources are. No different than what we’re doing.

I’m going to be charitable with my reply to this:

lol