Russia on brink of ... NOPE! Russia INVADES Ukraine!

Page 800 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

feralkid

Lifer
Jan 28, 2002
Why can't we just level Iran and stop Iranian Suicide Drones from Killing Europeans?

"All I know is I finally get to kill somebody"

FYIVIf-XkAMMLz6

• Love
Reactions: hal2kilo

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Maybe stop labeling people that don’t agree with you as being stupid and perhaps you will be more persuasive.o think the Republicans nominated a pretty inept cadre of new candidates this time, the fact that they are doing so well is enough for me to see that the Democrats are missing what is important to the voters.

What is important to Republican voters is fundamentally dangerous to humanity, so it isn't really much of a concern to understand what they want beyond their general desire to imprison, impoverish, and murder anyone that doesn't think or look like them. You can see it in the people that they vote for, who ostensibly represent "what is important to them."

Drach

Apr 24, 2022
If Russia drops a tactical nuke, I'm in Ukraine. I think it would be a shame if the US and other NATO members didn't respond. One can only hope.
Sick of this bullshit!

Reactions: Leeea and Number1

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Putin's lapdog vows Genocide in the clearest terms. Vows not taking anyone alive, or at least... long enough to inflict horrific torture. Vows that Russia owns up to the Polish border. Every week, Russians keep repeating that all of Ukraine is theirs to massacre. Was always, and still is, their goal. Their only purpose for launching this war.

Anyone who would have us surrender or negotiate with that....
Will not be someone I tolerate.

borosp1

Apr 12, 2003
Yeah USA, France and UK will definitely respond. Maybe others as well.

It was mentioned by David Porteous (former CIA director) they would respond with conventional weapons and kill off all Russian Troops in occupied territories (then Ukrainian soldiers can just walk into those territories and claim them back without an additional shot) and blow away the Russian Black See fleet where Russia will not have a supporting navy.

former CIA Director David Petraeus has suggested:
"Destroy its forces in Ukraine or sink its Black Sea Fleet? Not responding at all may invite further Russian aggression and permanently shatter the anti-nuclear taboo—but too strong a reaction risks events spiraling out of control. "

Reactions: Leeea

Artorias

Platinum Member
Feb 8, 2014
Dirty bomb/blowing the nuclear plant should be made clear as the red line.

The fallout from these events would effect greater Europe, and will more than likely force a neighboring country to invoke NATO protection.

I would hope every nuclear plant in Europe is covered by the very best air defense technology available.

Puffnstuff

Lifer
Mar 9, 2005
Putin's lapdog vows Genocide in the clearest terms. Vows not taking anyone alive, or at least... long enough to inflict horrific torture. Vows that Russia owns up to the Polish border. Every week, Russians keep repeating that all of Ukraine is theirs to massacre. Was always, and still is, their goal. Their only purpose for launching this war.

Ramzan Kadyrov needs a visit from Delta Force....just saying.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008

Oh
Oh
Oh
Oh no he didnt.
I cant believe this message is Putin approved, cause, shiiit

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Lol, Kama Ka Zee drone.

I was experiencing some audio uncanny valley in that video. The weird, inconsistent cadence and the pronunciation of words that varies as well. I think there is some smart algorithm there that is altering the tone and rhythm so that the auto-translator doesn't simply recycle the same individually-recorded or generated words. It's definitely better than one of those clearly fake robot voices that is common in those spammy "Top Ten whatever" "reviews" of things that are all over youtube, but what the AI is doing to modulate the speech pushes the realism into some other direction.