Russia on brink of ... NOPE! Russia INVADES Ukraine!

Page 759 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Number1

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2006

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Simple russian heat seeking missile destroying a multimillion $ russian cruise missile.

Belarus clowns thinking of joining the war.

Again, Belarus dont have nukes and Moscow INSISTS that Belarus is a sovereign independent entity.
So.
One step on Ukraine soil and NATO should just roll over it, declare game over so not insert coin.

Putin keeps postering and postering… How about a show of force?

Reactions: Leeea

Number1

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2006
Again, Belarus dont have nukes and Moscow INSISTS that Belarus is a sovereign independent entity.
So.
One step on Ukraine soil and NATO should just roll over it, declare game over so not insert coin.

Putin keeps postering and postering… How about a show of force?

Balarus joining the fight is not like China joining the Korean war. But it would tie up UA resources. Belarus is in the Collective Security Treaty Organization (CSTO). and therefor under the Russian nuclear shield.

Smart people are looking at the situation and have dominated the battlefield so far. Belarus is asking for an ass kiking.

Reactions: Leeea and Perknose

lixlax

Nov 6, 2014
With the mass bombings of whatever, Russia trying to pull Belarus in, mobilisation...it feels like take two of Putin's "blitzkrieg".
Hopefully it'll fail as miserably.

Reactions: Leeea

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
I assume Zelensky asked Macron for the SAMP-T surface to air system.

Ukrainians are training on the SPADA 2000 in Spain which will likely see deployment to Ukraine soon. First IRIS-T SLM complex will be oficcially delivered in a couple days and it's probably already in country. The Germans should refurb the other 50 Gepards they've got too.

Lezunto

Golden Member
Oct 24, 2020
Hopefully, NATO, the Pentagon and those who in Europe who cherish life continue to ignore the increasingly frenzied screams from armchair generals for their militaries to join this war.

We do not need to cheer a crazed descent into yet, another world war.

It's easy and I imagine, preferable, to show your support for Ukraine by urging government officials to order someone else's children and families to die.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Hopefully, NATO, the Pentagon and those who in Europe who cherish life continue to ignore the increasingly frenzied screams from armchair generals for their militaries to join this war.

It's easy and I imagine, preferable, to show your support for Ukraine by urging government officials to order someone else's children and families to die.

We don't need to join the war. We need to supply Ukraine with sufficient equipment and training to force a Russian capitulation in Ukraine.

emperus

Diamond Member
Apr 6, 2012

And what is your solution to this for Ukraine?

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004

We do not need to sit idly by as Russia does everything humanly possible to commit a genocidal invasion on European soil.
Russia and Belarus are not the world. And swatting genocidal invaders is our duty. Bringing this to an end is our duty.
We have the power to stop this. We must stop this.

The blood Russia claims, it demands war.

Leeea

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2020
Opps....

I wonder how the Germans will react to this.
Hard to say, hitting a consulate is typically not the same as hitting an embassy.

Pretty sure it was specifically targeted. Germany is considered to be the weakest* member in NATO. Looks like a pick at the edges and set precedence plan.

*weakest as in inability to project or use the military force it has on paper.

Well in theory this is an attack on German soil. Is it not?
A consulate is not necessarily an embassy. It may not be German soil.

If it was German soil, well, its up to the Germans now if we all go to war.

Reactions: Number1

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Hard to say, hitting a consulate is typically not the same as hitting an embassy.

Pretty sure it was specifically targeted. Germany is considered to be the weakest* member in NATO. Looks like a pick at the edges and set precedence plan.

*weakest as in inability to project or use the military force it has on paper.

A consulate is not necessarily an embassy. It may not be German soil.

If it was German soil, well, its up to the Germans now if we all go to war.
Generally speaking embassies are not actually considered the territory of that country.

Reactions: Brainonska511

Leeea

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2020
For everyone watching in horror, Putin's temper tantrum is a "good" thing for Ukraine war effort.

These are very expensive missiles he is firing. Irreplaceable missiles. Targeting non-military targets.

A S300 sent into an apartment building is a S300 that will not be shooting down a Ukrainian aircraft.
A Kalibr sent into a park is a Kalibr that will not be sent into a Ukrainian logistics hub.

Targeting civilians like this does not work. In the blitz on London, UK war production skyrocketed. Allied bombing of Dresden increased German war production.

This will harden Ukrainian resolve like nothing else. On a mass scale far better then pictures on the TV ever will.

Across the world Russia has tried to portray itself as the victim, the good guy, etc. That is over now, even in Russia. Even as they celebrate in Russia they have no way to deny the monster they have become.

The fuhrer's temper tantrum marks the fuhrer's inability to respond in a meaningful way. For all of its flame and fire, it reveals impotence.

Last edited:

Young Grasshopper

Nov 9, 2007

Amen.

Thankfully there are some politicians out there seeking peace:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Lezunto and Number1

Michael

Elite member
Nov 19, 1999
We do not need to sit idly by as Russia does everything humanly possible to commit a genocidal invasion on European soil.
Russia and Belarus are not the world. And swatting genocidal invaders is our duty. Bringing this to an end is our duty.
We have the power to stop this. We must stop this.

The blood Russia claims, it demands war.

Who is “we”? Because there is injustice all over the world, and I don’t want my countries dragged all over and expected to be the police.

Ukraine knew this retaliation was coming once they hit the bridge. Russia has caused more civilian death with less missiles.

What I think the USA needs to do is keep providing the weapons that Ukraine needs. And Germany needs to send the air defenses they promised, not just talk about it.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Ukraine knew this retaliation was coming once they hit the bridge. Russia has caused more civilian death with less missiles.

Ukrainian intelligence states these attacks had been planned for at least a week before the bridge strike. They are a campaign to cripple Ukrainian energy and transport systems to make them suffer during the winter. This does sound like a very Russian strategy.

What I think the USA needs to do is keep providing the weapons that Ukraine needs. And Germany needs to send the air defenses they promised, not just talk about it.

Were it up to me I'd given them three dozen M57 ATACMS missiles and tell them to go nuts on all military targets in Crimea, including finishing off the bridge. Send up the ships and naval magazines full of Kalibrs they're firing at apartment blocs.

As for air defense the Germans and French should ship operational systems from their own military inventories at least for the short term until the ordered systems begin to arrive in numbers. They have the appropriate medium range systems for what's needed in Ukraine.