Russia on brink of ... NOPE! Russia INVADES Ukraine!

Page 703 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
What's Ukraine's current (wo)manpower? including foreign legions

July 8, 2022: The Minister of Defense named the number of Ukrainians mobilized to the Armed Forces
"There are up to 700,000 people mobilized for the Armed Forces, up to 60,000 border guards, up to 90,000 National Guards, and up to 100,000 National Police. Today, we have more than 1 million people in uniform ensuring the security and defense sector," said Reznikov.

Here is the answer I remember, from the latest publicly available data.
With proper equipment, the two sides would be fairly even after Russia mobilizes a full million.

Reactions: Muse and Leeea

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
it seems that a lot of people on this forum don't like fox news. But can you tell me what exactly is wrong with what the host says?
Yes I can explain. Tucker Carlson's lawyer argued in court that no reasonable person would take anything he says seriously.

Reactions: Leeea

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
it seems that a lot of people on this forum don't like fox news. But can you tell me what exactly is wrong with what the host says?

I'll humor you Russian state puppet.

No one (who cares about facts) likes Fox Noise because it's horrible, the republican version of your RT. Low on facts, rich in bullshit, constantly lying and misrepresenting either overtly or via omission. Nothing but outrage vendors who cherrypick news to promote special interests and divisive political agendas. It's not journalism, it's culture war obsessed infotainment for butthurt racist boomers, for the most part. The people who use it, any rightwing media really, are typically the most uninformed people in the country. Tend to believe GQP fiction and many are robbed by the personalities and fundraisers they follow. Think evangelical baptist mega church, and it's no coincidence the two demos are so intertwined btw. These people are almost as uninformed and partisan as you!

It doesn't help that Tucker himself doesn't care about facts, is a habitual liar and proud racist. He actually had to admit he's full of shit and a liar as a legal defense in court.

Can you tell us why Russians like you, who celebrate your lack of a free press and rejoice in your propaganda, prefer to have less information and more bullshit rather than be informed? Can you comprehend how it makes your criticism laughable?

Last edited:

RnR_au

Golden Member
Jun 6, 2021
Seems like a good time for Anonymous to start hacking Russian TV with Iranian protest footage.
Its a different culture. I saw a tweet about the Ukrainian Maidan demonstrations. In those, whenever the police tried to drag someone away, the rest of the demonstrators fought the police to get the person back. Whenever the same happens in Russia at a demonstration, people stand passively around.

Ukraine lost ~100 people in these demonstrations.

Reactions: Zorba and Leeea

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
Last edited:

Leeea

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2020
-BLINKS-

It really is an enemy at the gates reenactment!

2 weeks of training! total!

The plan is most likely to have them zerg, and hope they win before winter sets in.

The Ukrainians do not need to kill a million conscripts. They just need to stop them long enough for General Winter to do it. Russia needs to feed all these conscripts, get them winter gear, heat, just basic survival stuff. While being shot at by guided NATO munitions.

Mean while Ukraine is going to be running around in NATO surplus gear, goretek. The Russian military is clueless as to what modern textiles can do. As soon as the ground freezes all these conscripts are going to find out the hard way.

Last edited:
Reactions: dank69

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Yes I can explain. Tucker Carlson's lawyer argued in court that no reasonable person would take anything he says seriously.

That lawyer of his just explained why there's no such thing as "both sides" when it comes down to just who is being unreasonable between the two major parties of the nation. Millions upon millions of Repubs believe everything that comes out of Carlson's mouth is the gospel truth. They spread his vile contrived vitriol worldwide with conviction and fervor. They take Carlson very seriously, practically deadly seriously.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Anyone ever wonder how this war might have played out differently if the Donald had a second term???

I don’t know if Ukraine would’ve had access to the same pre-invasion intelligence or the same level of US aid post-invasion.

I don't think a lot of speculation is required. Trump would have absolutely sold Ukraine out for nothing, just to impress Putin.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
July 8, 2022: The Minister of Defense named the number of Ukrainians mobilized to the Armed Forces
"There are up to 700,000 people mobilized for the Armed Forces, up to 60,000 border guards, up to 90,000 National Guards, and up to 100,000 National Police. Today, we have more than 1 million people in uniform ensuring the security and defense sector," said Reznikov.

Here is the answer I remember, from the latest publicly available data.
With proper equipment, the two sides would be fairly even after Russia mobilizes a full million.

One thing Ukraine is definitely not short of is willing manpower. If you had the training resources and equipment it would not be that hard to put another million people under arms.

Reactions: Leeea

Zor Prime

Nov 7, 1999
My comment was for you not for other members. You are blowing it in this thread. You're better off unwatching it.
You know what's best for me, eh? You're not my ex wife ... or are you? I wasn't aware pearls could become diamonds. I kindly encourage you to file a complaint with management to censor me, or as aforementioned put me on ignore, or all of the above!

• Haha
Reactions: iRONic

Leeea

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2020
In other news, it looks like this time Russia is able to get a 1891 Mosin-Nagant for everyone!:
All my shit posts are coming true today.

I am very surprised. I was under the impression all the functional 1891 Mosin-Nagants had been sold to the west on the collectors market.

edit:
@RnR_au
Thanks for the correction below

Last edited:

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
In other news, it looks like this time Russia is able to get a 1891 Mosin-Nagant for everyone!:
All my shit posts are coming true today.

I am very surprised. I was under the impression all the functional 1891 Mosin-Nagants had been sold to the west on the collectors market.

There is some debate if this is an old picture or not but I'm sure Russia has lots of M91/30s left. Even a lot of the German capture stuff is probably still sitting in warehouses.

Lezunto

Golden Member
Oct 24, 2020
Trump tried to leave Ukraine defenseless. Had he won again, Trump would be providing accurate satellite data for Russian missile targets and Ukraine's capital would be a bunch of smoldering ruins.

I am grateful Biden won and he is helping the Ukrainians.

But what happens if Putin does choose to employ tactical nukes? What does NATO do? What does Western Europe do? What does Biden do?

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
But what happens if Putin does choose to employ tactical nukes? What does NATO do? What does Western Europe do? What does Biden do?

Most likely Putin catches a bullet from a Makarov before any such order can be relayed. Running the risk of literally obliterating the nation just to salvage his Ukraine invasion will have zero appeal to anybody in his circle.

Reactions: Muse and Leeea