Russia on brink of ... NOPE! Russia INVADES Ukraine!

Page 500 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
That's how I see the conflict will be resolved. He will not survive his special operation.
Well, they say he's having an operation for his abdominal cancer. If one operation doesn't get him the other one will.
FR4z7AHXMAEMFiI

NTMBK

Lifer
Nov 14, 2011
That was an incredibly stupid thing to tweet (unless it is intentional disinformation). It's a brag post to show how important/knowledgeable the poster is and puts those Russians in danger from Russian security services. Loose lips sink ships.

The security forces will already know all these tricks. The person who won't know them is some poor conscript who's been given 1 week's training and a 40 year old tank and been ordered to his death.

If it saves lives on both sides of this idiotic war of aggression, then good. Any Russian who wants to undermine the war effort should get any advice they want.

amenx

Diamond Member
Dec 17, 2004
US provided intelligence that helped Ukraine target Russian warship.

But they are denying it. Which makes sense in trying to avoid being seen as active participant in Ukraine's fight and escalating things.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
US provided intelligence that helped Ukraine target Russian warship.

But they are denying it. Which makes sense in trying to avoid being seen as active participant in Ukraine's fight and escalating things.

I think I asserted as much around page ... early in this thread, the way they're constantly out maneuvering the opposition, it just didnt seem like Ukraine on its own had that capability (Donbas had probably looked differently if that was the case).

Reactions: Zorba and Number1

amenx

Diamond Member
Dec 17, 2004
I think I asserted as much around page ... early in this thread, the way they're constantly out maneuvering the opposition, it just didnt seem like Ukraine on its own had that capability (Donbas had probably looked differently if that was the case).
Yep, they are virtually plugged into the U.S. and Natos sat surveillance systems and know where every single tank and equipment is located or heading.

Jan 25, 2011

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Published at 2am this morning. Believe it’s the same ship.

Ukraine is making rather good use of their precious few R-360 Neptunes.

RnR_au

Golden Member
Jun 6, 2021
Latvian military experts think that Ukraine is gonna blow the Crimea bridge on May 9th....that would be something
I would have thought Ukraine would leave a way out for the Russians that have made Crimea a home since 2014. I believe something 500k Russians have moved there since.

Ukraine is making rather good use of their precious few R-360 Neptunes.
Could they still be making them?

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
I would have thought Ukraine would leave a way out for the Russians that have made Crimea a home since 2014. I believe something 500k Russians have moved there since.

The Kerch Bridge is really two bridges, one road and one rail. The rail bridge is what you'd want to take out since that's largely how Russian forces are supplied in the south along with some limited sealifts in the Sea of Azov.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

Latvian military experts think that Ukraine is gonna blow the Crimea bridge on May 9th....that would be something

yes, I've been expecting some fireworks from Ukraine on Monday. Would be appropriate.

Something I keep forgetting to mention: Some of you may know that Latvia still deals with ~25-30% of their population being Russians. They are the only Baltic state that didn't really kick them all out in 91--Estonia even fired everyone in state service and made them re-apply for their jobs, which was necessary because Russian occupiers of course placed incompetent dickbags in every position. It's how Russians and people like Trump do business, so no shock. But I digress.

So, among the things they have dealt with for years, is Russian occupying pieces of shit getting drunk and breaking things and setting fire as they celebrate every May 9th, essentially what they consider a celebration of their occupation of Latvia, also demanding that their "rights as occupiers" be fully restored: Russian being an official language among many preposterous demands that these dirtbags thing they deserve. So, Latvia got sick of this shit as this invasion in Ukraine started, so the state dedicated May 9th to an official "day of mourning" for those slaughtered in Russia's genocide of Ukraine--one of which they have already long established to honor those Latvian jews murdered by Nazis. This means that celebration is not allowed across the country, and carries the weight of law behind it. Supposedly, any Russians found celebrating will be well, I don't know, fined and possibly arrested depending on their level of dickishness on that day.

Hopefully this effectively ends these celebrations for good. Much of eastern Latvia is rather Russian and Russia-sympathetic. There are plenty of them still living in Riga, as well. I've heard that they had already shut down Russian state media, but of course Russians are already trying to set up proxies to bypass these restrictions. Essentially, the Russians living in Latvia and Latvians don't really know each other at all, and have consumed completely different media, of course Russian-fed sources have long been telling them that their "host" Latvians have been subjugating them and punishing them for being outsiders. Of course, Russians have long been welcome to get the fuck out and move back to their glorious motherland, but for some reason they don't want to do that. Curious.