Russia on brink of ... NOPE! Russia INVADES Ukraine!

Page 490 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Nov 17, 2019
Is this the one mentioned above or yet another?

A Russian general who commanded electronic warfare units was killed in a strike that killed 100 soldiers, top Ukraine official says

www.businessinsider.com.ico
Business Insider|51 minutes ago
Another Russian general has been killed in Ukraine, authorities claim. Maj. Gen. Andrei Simonov was reportedly killed in an attack on a Russian command post near the city of Izyum. The general, who commanded electric warfare units, was among 100 Russian ...

Feb 4, 2009
Call me crazy….
Putin has a surgery coming up soon, I wonder if there will be “unexpected complications” that render him unable to lead.

5to1baby1in5

Golden Member
Apr 27, 2001
VLADIMIR Putin is set to undergo an operation for cancer and will hand over power to his hardline spy chief, a Kremlin insider has reportedly claimed.

The Russian tyrant’s health has been source of considerable speculation amid reports that he is battling both abdominal cancer and Parkinson’s Disease...

Hope this is some plan to ease him out of power and end the war. But unfortunately his replacement looks to be an even bigger warmonger than he is. Still, you never know...
VLADIMIR Putin is set to undergo an operation for cancer and will hand over power to his hardline spy chief, a Kremlin insider has reportedly claimed.

The Russian tyrant’s health has been source of considerable speculation amid reports that he is battling both abdominal cancer and Parkinson’s Disease...

Hope this is some plan to ease him out of power and end the war. But unfortunately his replacement looks to be an even bigger warmonger than he is. Still, you never know...
schizophrenia symptoms, such as hallucinations or delusions, and mood disorder symptoms, such as depression or mania
Mental health and Parkinson’s symptoms.
Kind of sounds like brain cancer to me.

rommelrommel

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2002
ALCMs from B-52s or a Tomahawk would probably the most likely. Both carry the W80 variable yield tactical warhead. I believe the B-2 can only carry gravity dropped B61s.

Tomahawks with nuclear capability haven’t been available for about a decade.

The issue with air launch (or any cruise missile) is that the Russians will see it coming and shoot the cruise missile down with relative ease.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Tomahawks with nuclear capability haven’t been available for about a decade.

The issue with air launch (or any cruise missile) is that the Russians will see it coming and shoot the cruise missile down with relative ease.

I believe that's why the US is developing stealth options like the AGM-181.

Also successful defense of Russian assets very much depends on the skill and alertness of their AD operators which I think is a topic open for much more debate now.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Oh good, the breakup of the country with the largest nuclear arsenal in the world. What could go wrong?
The very existence of all these Hydrogen bombs equates to perpetual threat. Even so, Russia's do not guarantee they have cohesion. In any case, did you view the video? That question was brought up by the interviewer and answered by the interviewee, IIRC toward the end.

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
Call me crazy….
Putin has a surgery coming up soon, I wonder if there will be “unexpected complications” that render him unable to lead.
If he really does have cancer, that might explain this war. Staring his own mortality in face made him decide to "cement" his legacy.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
The existence of nuclear weapons is simple, really, because death is the price we must ultimately pay. Every additional country with them is a ticking time bomb. This is why there are hostile moves made against proliferation. And why some would argue that wiping nations like Iran off the face of the earth can be justified for the threat their nuclear programs would one day pose.

If I have witnessed anything since 2016, it is this. Humans are irrational, emotional, animals. We cannot be trusted with making rational decisions, and nuclear weapons, MAD, requires rational thinking. Nothing Russia has done this year assuages my concern, and only affirms this guiding principle... this fear. That one day all nations will be doomed by inviting madness. Because we are only human, and our touch with reality is only temporary. Lasting only as long as our conditioning with faith to uphold honor, integrity, and scientific principles.
We are witness to how easily those things are discarded. Human nature is antithetical to them. Sanity is a garden that requires constant vigilance, and we took it for granted.
"Sanity is a full time job"

Reactions: Brainonska511

Number1

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2006
Last edited:

rommelrommel

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2002
Wounded in action with several high ranking officers killed.

https://ukrainetoday.org/2022/05/01...ussian-armed-forces-injured-near-izyum-media/

View attachment 60919

Beau says big if true

Reactions: RnR_au and Number1

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

https://ukrainetoday.org/2022/05/01...ussian-armed-forces-injured-near-izyum-media/

View attachment 60919

that's a lot of specific details about how he was evacuated, so I guess true.

Reactions: Number1

emperus

Diamond Member
Apr 6, 2012

View attachment 60919

How does this even happen? The top commander? Russia's military really is SHIT.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Those nasty ballistic greeting cards the Ukrainians are sending to those Russian generals that dare trespass onto Ukrainian soil is testament to how warmly welcoming and obliging the Ukrainians are toward flag rank Russians who are looking to embellish their personnel jackets with combat creds from a posthumous point of view.

Kudos to Ukrainian intel services for their tracking and targeting abilities.

rommelrommel

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2002
You really need some eejit that looks like he can't afford a shaver in an attic to tell you on YouTube that removing the equivalent of the chief of staff of the army is a "big deal"?

Talk about delegation of all critical thinking!

Ligma ballz fuckface, I posted the video so people could see it.