Russia on brink of ... NOPE! Russia INVADES Ukraine!

Page 470 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001
Kind of already there with the Leopard 2s, PT-91s, and T-72M1R. Four when the Abrams start to arrive in the next few years. They don't seem to mind.
Well, that's a bit nuts. A lot of cross training, multiple spare parts replication. Or, they don't bother with any of that :rolleyes:.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
They're French, they all seem a bit odd to us. We probably look weirder to everyone else though, cept maybe Aussies.
I thought the reference was to Scholz, not Macron:
- - -
K1052 said:
It's not a coincidence that Macron is talking in more detailed terms about arms now. He's been opening his lead on her in the polls and successfully hit her on Putin in the debate. Scholz appears more comfortable supplying ammunition for the guns than the guns themselves...which doesn't make any sense to me or really anybody else but whatever.
He's a bit odd isn't he?

Then again, he's not a malignantly narcissistic sociopath and Russian asset prone to treason, so I should probably cancel that judgment.

Reactions: [DHT]Osiris

Leeea

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2020
Military recruiting offices in Russia keep burning down:

Large fire in the Korolyov industrial complex:
Korolyov is named after the Soviet Rocket Engineer Sergey Pavlovich Korolyov and is involved in the production of Russia missiles.

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001
And take the work out of it? Absolutely not. Too many slothful big ugly fat fucks around here that need the exercise.
LOL! You took all the work out of, but I'm sure you meant that.
Too bad, I needed the exercise :D.

lucky luciano

Jul 28, 2014

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Sounds like a thorough round of ass kicking there, hope it's completely true. Ukrainians are tougher than coffin nails and the Russians on the ground don't want to be there.

And now they have a new flavor of drone death to catch, Phoenix Ghost. I hope this kind of news keeps coming.

I hope so too.
The people of Ukraine do NOT deserve the Torture and Genocide the Russian military is trying to achieve. Today, the Ukrainian army is the bulwark against atrocity.

Reactions: Muse

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
I don't know what people expect of this.
Japan moving in and occupying would be very entertaining in a Game of Thrones way but it would also be a crazy act of war that would be condemned even by their own people.

Pull Russian attention and forces away from Ukraine. It is somewhat helpful if Russians think they must guard everywhere.
I understand there may be up to 20,000 people living on those islands?
I would oppose harming them.

But Japan is free to bluff and help Europe.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
I don't know what people expect of this.
Japan moving in and occupying would be very entertaining in a Game of Thrones way but it would also be a crazy act of war that would be condemned even by their own people.
Could ask said 20k people if they wanna be Japanese? Annex the thing.

Reactions: Meghan54

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001

Korolyov is named after the Soviet Rocket Engineer Sergey Pavlovich Korolyov and is involved in the production of Russia missiles.
It's the time of the saboteur in Russia. Perhaps soon again, the time of the assassin.

Leeea

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2020

Google translate:
"The United States has begun supplying multiple rocket launchers (MLRS) to Ukraine and is working with other NATO allies to provide Ukraine with more jet systems." - US Deputy Secretary of State for Political Affairs Victoria Nuland.

I wonder what munition they are going to get?

cheap six shot units:
old GMLRS - 37 mile GPS guided, lots of old stock
GMLRS-ER - 93 mile range + GPS guided is pretty respectable.
M32 SMArt - bomblets actively seeks out individual Russian tanks, apcs, soldiers, etc to murder.

1 shot HIMARS units:
MGM-168 ATACMS - 190 mile munition with 500 lb warhead
MGM-140B - 275 submunitions at 103 mile range

The one shot units are more vulnerable to Russian AA, where the six shot units are cheap and likely can just be spammed out.

Last edited:

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008

Quick guess would be one or more 20k fathers or 20k mothers that is now forever without their sons… though a little gasoline is prob just the start

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Again I ask, after Vlad, what? Who? Better? Worse?
Tough for me to imagine worse, TBH. He's trashed Russia. All the economic gains of the last 2-3 decades, gone in 6 weeks. Honestly, if they get rid of him, I think something better's coming.