Russia on brink of ... NOPE! Russia INVADES Ukraine!

Page 310 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Russia continues to employ its unique "fuck up as badly as possible" strategy.

Damn.

"Sometimes they appear in our rear and starts firing at any civilian car they see because they are afraid someone will jump out that car with a rocket propelled grenade and blast them."

Panic and fear is a hell of a drug.

And Putin is behaving in a similar manner from what we can gather from his live performances.

So we can assume this is saturating the channel from top to bottom. A command structure in total disarray.

Putin has managed to corner him self. What will a cornered Putin do next?

Pens1566

Lifer
Oct 11, 2005
Just came here to post this.
WTH

Yeah, I need to know more about this.

First, who was he referring to about the birthday when the invasion started?

Second, obviously taped as the cut when he vanished was too quick.

Third, wow is he paranoid still being that far away outdoors. He's worried about something not covid related.

Fourth, holy crap that looks exactly like a MAGA rally. Jesus are we fucked.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Russia really aiming to become the next North Korea complete with mass propaganda events. There is more dissent allowed in Iran at this point.

Reactions: Muse and Number1

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
Everybody settle down. Looks like Russian state TV just fucked up, which is emblematic of basically everything this country does lately.

I'm not "worried" about it.
In fact, if this is what was being broadcast and being sold as being "live" all the better. Maybe 2 or 3 Russians watching will realize "wait, this isn't live... they are lying. What else are they lying about?"

Hell it could have been intentional by some editor/director to underline that fact.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Good read. Thanks. I wonder if Ukraine has the ability to do mass leaflet drops in its own country to spread the desertion idea to russian conscripts currently fighting there?

The Ukrainians could probably transmit such offers on the unencrypted radio frequencies the Russian military is using lol.

I agree with opening an avenue to drain the military of its conscripts and drain Russia of its youth who wants to leave for somewhere with a future. EU visas might be a good place to start.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
China is so much like Russia and both are much like Trump when it comes to telling lies. All three lie with such ease.

I'd really like to believe China, but I'm taking that with the proverbial mountain range of salt due to the aforementioned and how pourous the Russian-China border is. China is obliged to Putin to some degree, and I can't help but think that Xi will sneak as much ordnance over to his fellow authoritarian as he thinks they can get away with. Or, if the Chinese get caught, they'll simply lie it to the world like they always do and not give a rat's ass about it.
You mean they won't find Made in China on the destroyed ordinance? I don't think significant introduction of China made weaponry can go unnoticed.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
My suspicion is that Putin, intentionally or otherwise, misled Xi about what was going to happen in Ukraine. Xi tied himself pretty tightly to Putin earlier this year and is likely pissed that he's fucked up so badly which embarrasses him. So while China is highly annoyed they have to mostly back off and do so under major public EU/US pressure there aren't really any good alternatives. It seems highly unlikely Russia will be supplied with Chinese weapons. Might they to some extent help Russia dodge sanctions? Probably. But Russia just ends up almost totally dependent on China in the bargain...which from Xi's perspective maybe isn't so bad in the long run.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Sad to see these kids fall to brainwashing. How long before they get sent to the frontline to kill "Nazis"

If you ever wanted to see and know what a complete waste it is to have their best and brightest youths being propagandized into conformance by the state in order to prevent them from becoming a threat to Putin and his cabal of corrupted oligarchs, that's it right there in its purest form.

That's what in store for the Ukrainians should Putin seize power there. America, being led down a similar path toward becoming a fascist state by the Repub party will similarly suffer. Well, they're all in on accomplishing this, with their already being propagandized into believing that creating a fascist state for themselves is the only way to "save America" for themselves to the exclusion of everyone else.

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
Far right christian nutjob Matt Shea, the former WA state legislator and terrorist who you may remember for his manifesto calling for the execution of all non-Christian males, has traveled to Poland and is attempting“obtain” 62 Ukrainian children for what I’m sure is a completely innocuous purposes. Apparently he is calling them his “prospective daughters”.

So .... I’m guessing his church has a basement. What a CREEPY individual

The good news is apparently UNICEF and other agencies in charge of refugees and displaced children are pushing back

UNICEF and the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees has issued a statement on March 7 about protecting fleeing children during wartime from this exact kind of behavior. “For children who have been displaced across borders without their families, temporary foster or other community-based care through a government system offers critical protection. Adoption should not occur during or immediately after emergencies. Every effort should be made to reunify children with their families when possible, if such reunification is in their best interest,”

When The Seattle Times reached the mayor’s aide, Weronika Ziarnicka, they were even less diplomatic. “I asked him many times, ‘What are you going to do with these children?’ and he told me that ‘It’s not my business,’” Ziarnicka told the newspaper. “I got the feeling in my gut that something’s wrong with this guy; he didn’t want to tell me his last name.” Ziarnicka claimed Shea said he was there by consent of the mayor. “And I know it’s not true because the mayor is the one that asked me to go,” they told the newspaper.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
You don't really want to survive the nuclear apocalypse.
Yeah, it's not something I worry about. I try to be prepared for a big earthquake (we're overdue here), a fire, droughts, collapse of the economy. But a full out nuclear exchange between the USA and Russia? I'm at ground zero. A basement wouldn't do me any good. I might last 0.25 seconds.

Reactions: Number1