Russia on brink of ... NOPE! Russia INVADES Ukraine!

Page 302 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
And the Volga, among others.

View attachment 58735

Came across a Swede in Europe who had one. Built extra tough for the Russian roads and the Russian winter.

The Fiat 124 that became the Lada? They toughend that up as well, and when their engineers first got them, they put an overhead cam on the Fiat engine and took it racing. No lie!

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Jesus Christ I hope a coalition decided to declare war on Belarus .. NOT Russia mind you... Just Belarus.

Fuctards.

hmm, interesting...I mean, why not declare war on Belarus? I mean, is Putin going to be willing to back that up, to? Would he take the easy-out of well, uh "you didn't threaten me, really, so uh, yeah, can't help ya Belarus! By the way, can I get my stuff out of here? cool....see ya world!" sort of thing.

Hmm. I know this sounds ridiculous...but why not? Is there some joint security treaty going on that Putin is actually going to honor (ikr?) wrg to Belarus right now? lol, no. No he won't. He doesn't have it.

He wants an excuse to not use nukes, and pull his nukes away.

Let's go after Belarus. See what the little fucker does.

Reactions: cytg111

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Most farm animals and pets don't hold political or social views we abhor. Except possibly for the orangutans. But don't worry, I'm keeping my eye on those sly red haired mofos. ;)

Man, you and the bonobos!

all of the great apes dislike gingers! amiright?!

• Haha
Reactions: Perknose

Iron Woode

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 10, 1999

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
They did have the Moskvitch, but they went belly up in 2002
View attachment 58729

(that was my joke: moskovitch, I think, and certainly Lada and 2 others were Fiat platforms that were licensed, manufactured, and sent to the USSR for some ~40ish years and rebadged as various brands.) ....I didn't even mean for that to be true about that company that is folding today--pulled it out of my ass, really--and then RW posted that, lol:

From wiki - "in the early years of the company certain parts and subassemblies were imported from Fiat's suppliers in Italy until they could be locally sourced"

DaaQ

Golden Member
Dec 8, 2018
Ukranian nationalists known as Azov battalion. We are being hit by propaganda from both sides, all you can do is interpolate. In this case, it makes no sense that the Russians would mine and shell their own people that they're trying to protect from the Azovs.

I'm not going to mention critical thinking, but I'd like you to answer the question rather than deflect it. That is,

^^The question pertains more to cities being evacuated in Crimean regions of Ukraine, like Maripol, and less so Kiev area evacuations.

Now as far as the alleged cluster munition loaded SRBM, I admitted this is from a source that is pro Russia (southfront). But it seems clear that it is a detailed report, with trajectory that has radar tracks, and is quite specific. ("fired from the AFU positions near the city of Krasnoarmeysk (now Pokrovsk), which is located approximately 55 km from Donetsk. It was carried out by the 19th Separate Missile Brigade of the Armed Forces of Ukraine") I'm sure the Russians are archiving such data. They will be able to back up these war crimes with data.

It seems by the way that the Urkanian peace negotiator was not killed directly by the Ukranian secret services (which looks to be ---imho---nationalist infiltrated). Article linked also talks about the refugee status of Maripol.
What are you on?
Nazi amateur hour. With point 1. I've established with great confidence that fringe extremist groups have no effect in US. At best they'll manage to make the news every few years. Nobody has given the name of the shirt guy in the J6 photos yet. If agent provocateur he'll get off with little to 0. If real he'll rank up high among any J6 convictions,

Since it's amateur hour, this is how Nazis are groomed in Ukraine since 2014; real footage (skip to minute 3:50), though I know many of you here will disagree with the fellow's geopolitical interpretation. The footage speaks for itself though,
again what is it you be ingesting?
I honestly feel that's the position Putin has been put in. The kid in the skit never draws a line, but some people do. I'm all politic-sed out, peace out and good night.
Said you were out but came back??
I came across this account of a family evacuating in a car from the smaller city of Rubizhne and were gunned down by Azovs. The young woman's father is now dead. They're being interviewed in a hospital, some of them wounded. Had a Russian soldier not helped as they were pinned down by gunfire it could've went even worse for them.

Sadly this story is not unique. There are many such accounts and witnesses of the inhuman nature of the Nazi nationalists.

One reason the Nazis in WW2 were so inhumane is that many of them were meth addicts. Over time, Meth changes the stucture of the brain significantly, and in a very inhuman way. They loose any sense of compassion. I have more than a hunch that the same is happening here, and that there are many methheads within the Azov battalion, which is a big part of the reason these attrocities are being committed.
Again WTF are you on?
Meth in WW2? Wasn't that just Amphetemine?

Can you link to a credible source when METHamphetimine was introduced?

AGAIN WTF are you on?

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
hopefully forced labour in a sturgeon spawning pond squeezing eggs and sperms.

hog fluffer, I hope.

1280px-Man_Is_Collecting_Semen_From_A_Boar.JPG

lol, sorry it's so big. ...please, do not click when in polite company.

• Haha
Reactions: kage69

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Is that why your party asked for help from the Russians in the 1980's to defeat Ronnie Raygun, and took tons of money from China in the 1990's to get Clinton elected? Your party also used Russian disinformation in the 2016 election and used that for several years trying to remove a duly elected President. Democrats and their cultists have had a Vegas style buffet of Russian and Chinese influence for decades.

never go full s0m0nesm1nd

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Assuming this went through holy shit what a defeat for Putin.

Deeper integration with Europe and likely EU accession all but certain. We can easily rearm Ukraine with more soon so be surplus Russian weapons and rebuild their native arms industry which was already pretty capable.

Doesn't look good for Ukraine, this "deal." They shouldn't give up their future in return for Russia withdrawal. They should guard their full sovereignty. They have Russia on the ropes. Putin's trying to deny that, wants to perpetuate his lies. Fuck that. Putin needs to openly suffer the humiliation he has coming. Joining NATO should be Ukraine's choice. Their attitude toward Russia should be their business. Putin's stalling and there's no guarantee he won't renew his aggression. He can't be trusted in the least, he's shown that.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
Some might think I'm on a vendetta to piss people off.
Well, here I go again.

Does anyone else find it a bit insulting when a foreign leader would suggest that the United States get involved in THEIR WAR at the risk of the United States becoming bogged down in a WW3 against another super power?
You have some balls, Mr foreign leader.
Under your scenario, the United States takes all the risks, and places every US citizen at risk, all because YOU are at war? And you yourself might end up settling with Putin, eventually. And so where does that leave US? We end up engaged in WW3 against Putin, while you settled and have peace?

People. Ukraine is not worth WW3 nor worth putting the entire United States of America at risk, as well as all of our citizens at risk.
And to even ask such a thing, or to dare suggest such a thing is absolutely insane and just goes to show the total lack of respect for Biden and for the United States and for WE the American citizen.
Just let Mikey do it. Shit, they killed Kenny. Those bastards.

True.... we are a super power with a big bad military and lots and lots of big bad weapons, including our big bad nukes, but to possibly risk our very existence on YOUR WAR ????
No way jose!

We feel for your suffering. We hope to preserve your democracy. We will assist in every plausible way we can, but.... there will be no WW3 on the table, nor any war directly involving the US against Russia.

America has been screwed-over way too many times.
We have given tons of money and aid to foreign governments only to have that money and aid confiscated by the corrupt foreign leaders and treacherous dictators. And in many instances, the military supplies that America has given was later used against our own American troops. We actually sent weapons worth billions to help other foreign countries, the same weapons that were later used to kill Americans.

I can just see it now....
We get involved in this war against Russia and Ukraine by sending in American troops and American planes to establish a no-fly-zone. We shoot down Soviet planes, and the Soviets shoot down our planes. We kill their solders and they kill ours. And we find ourselves stuck in a full blown bloody war against Russia.
All the while.... Ukraine comes to "an agreement" with Putin that ends THEIR WAR, while OUR WAR against the Soviets continues on for tens and tens of years.
Yeah.... we could get screwed yet again by "their" war turning into our war, and into only our war.

RnR_au

Golden Member
Jun 6, 2021
Does anyone else find it a bit insulting when a foreign leader would suggest that the United States get involved in THEIR WAR at the risk of the United States becoming bogged down in a WW3 against another super power?
Its not just their war though. Its democracy vs fascism/autocracy. Its the West vs institutional darkness.

If I was Ukraine's President under these conditions, I too would exert every effort on behalf of my country.

Note that NATO have said that if their supply lines to Ukraine is attacked, even inside Ukraine, it will be considered an attack on NATO. So NATO is kinda one gun shot away from war already.

Doesn't look good for Ukraine, this "deal." They shouldn't give up their future in return for Russia withdrawal. They should guard their full sovereignty. They have Russia on the ropes.
This deal that was reported by the FT was just Russia's position. It is not Ukraine's position. I agree with your assessment. They are indeed on the ropes. Their 'modern' army is virtually spent and I suspect they are struggling to hold what they have already taken. Certainly if Ukraine gets more advanced anti-air units I can't see what Russia can do. Feed 500k new recruits into Ukraine? I hope not.

Edit:
1647492250510.png

Last edited:

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Well, here I go again.

Under your scenario, the United States takes all the risks, and places every US citizen at risk, all because YOU are at war? And you yourself might end up settling with Putin, eventually. And so where does that leave US? We end up engaged in WW3 against Putin, while you settled and have peace?

People. Ukraine is not worth WW3 nor worth putting the entire United States of America at risk, as well as all of our citizens at risk.
And to even ask such a thing, or to dare suggest such a thing is absolutely insane and just goes to show the total lack of respect for Biden and for the United States and for WE the American citizen.

True.... we are a super power with a big bad military and lots and lots of big bad weapons, including our big bad nukes, but to possibly risk our very existence on YOUR WAR ????
No way jose!

We feel for your suffering. We hope to preserve your democracy. We will assist in every plausible way we can, but.... there will be no WW3 on the table, nor any war directly involving the US against Russia.

We have given tons of money and aid to foreign governments only to have that money and aid confiscated by the corrupt foreign leaders and treacherous dictators. And in many instances, the military supplies that America has given was later used against our own American troops. We actually sent weapons worth billions to help other foreign countries, the same weapons that were later used to kill Americans.

We get involved in this war against Russia and Ukraine by sending in American troops and American planes to establish a no-fly-zone. We shoot down Soviet planes, and the Soviets shoot down our planes. We kill their solders and they kill ours. And we find ourselves stuck in a full blown bloody war against Russia.
All the while.... Ukraine comes to "an agreement" with Putin that ends THEIR WAR, while OUR WAR against the Soviets continues on for tens and tens of years.
Yeah.... we could get screwed yet again by "their" war turning into our war, and into only our war.

A lot of this is just standard. What is he supposed to say, everything is fine? He also spoke to the Canadian Parliament saying similar things and I agree the process is awkward. We won't agree to all requests, but at the same time we want them to succeed and we draw inspiration from their struggle. It is frustrating, but so far what we have done to support UK seems to be helping them succeed, so there is that to draw some solace from.

RnR_au

Golden Member
Jun 6, 2021
Interesting read;
As part of the Ukraine-based training program, CIA paramilitaries taught their Ukrainian counterparts sniper techniques; how to operate U.S.-supplied Javelin anti-tank missiles and other equipment; how to evade digital tracking the Russians used to pinpoint the location of Ukrainian troops, which had left them vulnerable to attacks by artillery; how to use covert communications tools; and how to remain undetected in the war zone while also drawing out Russian and insurgent forces from their positions, among other skills, according to former officials.
But even if the CIA’s cadre of paramilitary trainers are no longer in Ukraine, the effect of the agency’s training programs — both in the U.S. and on Ukraine’s eastern front — “cannot be overestimated,” said the former senior CIA official. These elite units trained by the agency have created “a strong nucleus” for Ukraine’s larger military forces today, according to this official.

In addition to the hard skills these operatives are bringing to the fight with Russian troops, some of the benefits are more intangible, according to former officials. The CIA-trained special operations units set an example by “getting some small wins” and by “providing some success stories” for the larger Ukrainian military, says the former senior official.

Courage can be contagious, notes the former official. So then, empowered by their comrades’ victories, “you get people that are charging to the sounds of the gunfire.”
https://news.yahoo.com/exclusive-se...v-prepare-for-russian-invasion-090052743.html

adamsleath

May 4, 2007
What are you on?

again what is it you be ingesting?

Said you were out but came back??

Again WTF are you on?
Meth in WW2? Wasn't that just Amphetemine?

Can you link to a credible source when METHamphetimine was introduced?

AGAIN WTF are you on?
“With Pervitin you can go on working for 36 to 50 hours without feeling any noticeable fatigue.”

https://time.com/5752114/nazi-military-drugs/

oyeah baby. blitzkrieg and the master race.

(oh i was beaten to the punch by the previous post XD)

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Well, here I go again.

No way jose!

That's why this thing is complicated. While I hear everything you said, Ukraine already had a deal with us, the UK and Russia to give up their nukes and we protect their sovereignty. Russia clearly broke that agreement.

Atari2600

Golden Member
Nov 22, 2016
Well, here I go again.

More a vendetta to embarrass yourself with that quality of critical reasoning.

Go Google the Budapest memorandum.

Shame on the UK and USA for not doing an awful lot more... And not just within the last few weeks either.

Or are you admitting the word of the USA isn't worth shit?

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
You might want to check the wiki on this one.

Yeah, I thought by now everyone had heard of the Nazis rampant drug-use (Hitler himself was on all sorts of shit). But I think it's still fair to be a bit skeptical of :

One reason the Nazis in WW2 were so inhumane is that many of them were meth addicts. Over time, Meth changes the stucture of the brain significantly, and in a very inhuman way. They loose any sense of compassion. I have more than a hunch that the same is happening here, and that there are many methheads within the Azov battalion, which is a big part of the reason these attrocities are being committed.

...which I think ascribes far too much to the meth and not enough to the fact that the Nazis were, you know, Nazis.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Yeah, I thought by now everyone had heard of the Nazis rampant drug-use (Hitler himself was on all sorts of shit). But I think it's still fair to be a bit skeptical of :

...which I think ascribes far too much to the meth and not enough to the fact that the Nazis were, you know, Nazis.

yes but it can amplify your initial Nazism--but also consider that you are talking about the ave foot soldier in the German army at the time. They served in the Nazi army, but it's not like any of them had any choice. I'm certain there were some bona fide Nazis among them, but a lot of those kids were just soldiers. The Nazi Nazis were the SS and of course central leadership and much of command.

But, all it takes is a push with the drugs, some amped up warblood fighting with your friends, and your brain is definitely going to be fucked.

Kind of explains the United States rural addiction to meth, Trump, and the worst imaginable traits that humanity has ever produced: which we call the GOP. It's really not unlike how an entire generation of young brains in the German military were permanently fucked by meth and propaganda and violent self-certainty.