Russia on brink of ... NOPE! Russia INVADES Ukraine!

Page 280 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
My guess is drones and biopathogen forensics to piece together the nature of what pathogen rearch has been done in Ukraine over the past 8 or so years.

Drone technology is one area where Russians may be behind and China is ahead, or at least where there are areas and applications where RU is lacking and CN is not.

You haven't heard of Nuremberg 2.0?

This is the biggest nonsequitor I've heard in a long time. I've lived in the US for decades, in four states on 3 out of 4 corners of the US and I've never ever seen a single Nazi, or know of any friend or aquaintance who has. Ask a dozen or so random Ukranians in SE Ukraine if they've ever seen a Nazi, or knows of a friend or family member who's had a run in with a Nazi or right wing extremist radical insurgents.

Assuming anyone here actually knows any real Nazi in the US, can you describe the extent of their extremism? Are they armed with 152mm artillery? Guided anti-tank munitions? Do they regularly shell neighboring townships? Do they hold fellow resident hostage as human shields? Do they go around setting up checkpoints around cities and occasionally shoot ex-NY Times reporters (yes, this is a reference to Brent Renaud).

Personally I know zero, and am aquainted only with people who also know zero Nazi members nor had any run-in's with one. I'm very interested from hearing from anyone who actually shares a different experience.

WHAT THE FUCK? Have you been living under a rock the last four years? You don't know any Neo-Nazi activity?

If your standard is "well, are they armed with 152mm artillery? Guided anti-tank munitions? trollololololl" that's stupid.

Gun laws are pretty lax here, but no one but the military has those... Better question is if they are an ascendant political force that can gain control or influence of the govt... Then yeah. Plenty of reasons for concern.

Charlottesville: Trump's "very fine people" who chanted "Jews will not replace us"

AP-confederate-protests-edit-1500x1044.jpg

636381512958184324-USP-News--Unite-the-Right-Rally.jpg

Etc etc etc

Jan 6:
images

Last month:
Reps MGT is special guest speaker to a white supremacists event, organized by prominent bigot who was there at Charlottesville, Jan 6 and all the other rallies in between and to this day.

"Representative Marjorie Taylor Greene appeared as a guest speaker at a conference organized by a white nationalist, where attendees praised Vladimir Putin and Adolf Hitler and dubbed the January 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol “awesome.” "

And if Putin is such a Nazi fighter, why are the Nazis always praising him?

Last edited:

dullard

Elite Member
May 21, 2001
who's going to convert those yuan into Euro's/USD? because that will lead to sanctions on those companies
But that is my point, why are there sanctions about taking money FROM Russia? I can clearly see why we sanction money and goods going INTO Russia. Russia has plenty in frozen assets (~$650 billion and most not in rubles). Why don't we make an exception to the sanctions to withdraw those assets and pay off the debts?

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
The Q's must be finding themselves in a real dilemma. They fully and loyally believe that Putin only targets military targets in Ukraine, but now Fox news has flipped flopped in addmitting that civilians are being targeted. This goes completely against what Fox "was originally" telling their Q audience and compleyely against what Trump is still telling them, his Q audience. So what exactly do the Q's believe from all of this?
One thing they do believe, that there are no bombs being dropped on Ukraine. That the video of bombs dropping and exploding are from old Hollywood war movie footage. Q's contradict video of bombs dropping with links to what they claim is the original video from Hollywood movies. I guess for a Q, a bomb is a bomb is a bomb. Wouldn't it be lovely to ship the Q's over into Ukraine and watch as they flee from Putin's death and destruction?
Awww, if only such poetic justice existed within the real world.

amd6502

Apr 21, 2017
WHAT THE FUCK? Have you been living under a rock the last four years? You don't know any Neo-Nazi activity?

Confederates are Neo Nazis?! That Dukes of Hazard TV series I watched as a kid is actually a Neo Nazi show?

I'm not too familiar with southern culture as that's the one corner of the US I never lived in. My knowledge there is pretty much limited to Dukes of Hazard and the occasional Hollywood or MSM blurb (not that I follow those closely).

It could be that some of these guys are harmless history buffs or just want to retain part of their culture and history. In any case, quite a different beast than the extremists in SE Ukraine, who for example threaten the lives of any politician entertaining peace negotiations. Anyone remember the (1st or 2nd) Ukranian negotiator who was brutally murdered by Azovs perhaps around almost two weeks ago? A far cry from our much fabled Jan. 6 theatre.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't you in a country that would not necessarily be nuked in the event things get out of hand?

Nope, actually, some measure of naval strategy puts us right in the crosshairs…. And after typing this I realized I have no idea what a strategic nuke target would look like… so the proper answer would be: I have no idea.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Nope, actually, some measure of naval strategy puts us right in the crosshairs…. And after typing this I realized I have no idea what a strategic nuke target would look like… so the proper answer would be: I have no idea.
It depends primarily on how many warheads and delivery systems one has. If one has more than enough warheads to overkill the other teams' nuclear strike capacity then everything starts looking like a target. The other issue is multi-warhead missiles. If one fires a missile with ten warheads and only needs two of them to take out high priory targets, then the other eight warheads get sent to low priory, but feasible, targets along the flight path. You could get nuked simply because someone didn't have anything better to do with an extra warhead and you were on the flight path. This is one reason the U.S. was okay with retiring the MX (ten warheads) and reducing the number of warheads on the Minuteman missiles, the extra warheads reduced options.

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
Confederates are Neo Nazis?! That Dukes of Hazard TV series I watched as a kid is actually a Neo Nazi show?

I'm not too familiar with southern culture as that's the one corner of the US I never lived in. My knowledge there is pretty much limited to Dukes of Hazard and the occasional Hollywood or MSM blurb (not that I follow those closely).

It could be that some of these guys are harmless history buffs or just want to retain part of their culture and history. In any case, quite a different beast than the extremists in SE Ukraine, who for example threaten the lives of any politician entertaining peace negotiations. Anyone remember the (1st or 2nd) Ukranian negotiator who was brutally murdered by Azovs perhaps around almost two weeks ago? A far cry from our much fabled Jan. 6 theatre.

Are you really that clueless?! Holy shit dude

See those white flags mixed in the Confederate flags, and the occasional swastika flags?

"It could be that some of these guys are harmless history buffs"

Really? Jesus F. If you've never seen any "Nazis" it's because you have no idea what you are looking at and unbelievably obtuse.

Here's some neo Nazi symbols to learn about and go play Where's Waldo with on Charlottesville pictures, Trump rally pictures, Jan 6, or even your local biker bar.

Example
https://www.adl.org/education/references/hate-symbols/league-of-the-south

league-6.jpg

"The League of the South is a longstanding neo-Confederate white supremacist group that advocates for a white-dominated, independent South. It originated in the mid-1990s as an organization that typically employed coded racism but took a sharp turn into explicit white supremacy and anti-Semitism in the 2010s."

Last edited:

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008

58966812.jpg

Ok

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Man if I'm the Ukrainians I hit the supply convoys even harder than they have been. Forget the armor, go for the trucks.

Reactions: Roger Wilco

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
It depends primarily on how many warheads and delivery systems one has. If one has more than enough warheads to overkill the other teams' nuclear strike capacity then everything starts looking like a target. The other issue is multi-warhead missiles. If one fires a missile with ten warheads and only needs two of them to take out high priory targets, then the other eight warheads get sent to low priory, but feasible, targets along the flight path. You could get nuked simply because someone didn't have anything better to do with an extra warhead and you were on the flight path. This is one reason the U.S. was okay with retiring the MX (ten warheads) and reducing the number of warheads on the Minuteman missiles, the extra warheads reduced options.

What is the scenario where the nukes enter the game?
Would Putin even try and set a "small one off" as a warning shot - or would he go for the head first thing?

I would think that the mere fact that Putin has been *threatening* to use nuclear would paint a target on his face: He who nukes first nukes best.