Russia on brink of ... NOPE! Russia INVADES Ukraine!

Page 219 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Yes, Putin picked the wrong country to mess with:

Ukrainians weren't likely to forget Stalin's intentional genocide of millions of Ukrainians either, the Holodomor:

The Holodomor (Ukrainian: Голодомо́р, romanized: Holodomor, IPA: [ɦolodoˈmɔr];[2] derived from морити голодом, moryty holodom, 'to kill by starvation'),[a][3][4][5] also known as the Terror-Famine[6][7][8] or the Great Famine,[9] was a famine in Soviet Ukraine from 1932 to 1933 that killed millions of Ukrainians. It was a large part of the wider Soviet famine of 1932–1933. The term Holodomor emphasises the famine's man-made and allegedly intentional aspects such as rejection of outside aid, confiscation of all household foodstuffs and restriction of population movement. As part of the wider Soviet famine of 1932–1933 which affected the major grain-producing areas of the country, millions of inhabitants of Ukraine, the majority of whom were ethnic Ukrainians, died of starvation in a peacetime catastrophe unprecedented in the history of Ukraine.[10] Since 2006, the Holodomor has been recognized by Ukraine[11] and 15 other countries as a genocide of the Ukrainian people carried out by the Soviet government.[12]

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: igor_kavinski

Dave_5k

Golden Member
May 23, 2017
Man, that's a lot of assets blown to bits..
That’s just perhaps 1 or 2 batteries, with 10-12 howitzers, which appear to still be in working condition. Just the support / transport trucks destroyed. Russia only has another 4500 or so of those 122mm Howitzers to spare.

Reactions: Leymenaide

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
That’s just perhaps 1 or 2 batteries, with 10-12 howitzers, which appear to still be in working condition. Just the support / transport trucks destroyed. Russia only has another 4500 or so of those 122mm Howitzers to spare.

But how many trained crews?

Also truck loss is a major problem for them now.

Reactions: uclaLabrat

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
Oooooh .. that is the FUCKER that was Trumps candidate for Ambassador to Germany.
Yea. Totally. Not. A. Putin. Plant.
I mean if Trump is not actually a Putin agent himself he most certainly is the BIGGEST USEFUL RETARDED MORONIC IDIOT ever to walk the earth. Jfc. Show me your colors wont you?

Well.. It's only the German ambassadorship... If he could get a medal and special dinner in Moscow to sit right next to Putin... Then maybe he could have got a Sec State position....

170405-putin-flynn-dinner-jhc-1700.jpg

Paratus

Lifer
Jun 4, 2004
Sorry but that's dumb. F14s didn't exist in WWII.
Oh really? Then what’s chasing this Zero?
:p

Well I was just making a dumb joke based on the silly airplanes in 1775 comment @outriding made.

Those gifs I posted were from the 1980’s movie The Final Countdown where a US nuclear aircraft carrier gets thrown back in time to the beginning of WWII.

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
Your post was a little ambiguous with the use of "them" after saying it was like Lucy and the football so I took that to mean you didn't think the Ukraine would get the MIGs and that we should give them F-16s
Yeah, English needs more pronouns.

I really meant I don't think the MIG deal is actually going to happen. But if it does is Poland going to get brand new F-16s in exchange for beaten down MIGs. If so, that's a pretty good deal for them.

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015

I really meant I don't think the MIG deal is actually going to happen. But if it does is Poland going to get brand new F-16s in exchange for beaten down MIGs. If so, that's a pretty good deal for them.
Yep, wins all around. Ukraine gets more blow-up planes, Poland gets shinier blow-up planes to keep Russia from walking in, and the US gets an excuse to spend billions on brand new blow-up planes.

Nov 17, 2019
But how witzer work without transport, support and things that go boom?

Leymenaide

Feb 16, 2010

You can fix migs they work. F-16 high maintenance gal.

• Haha
Reactions: igor_kavinski

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Think this comedy isn't real?

A wall Street journal article blames the Ukraine invasion on the transgender debate and CRT
Of Course Vladimir Putin Invaded Ukraine Under Joe Biden's Watch | Opinion (newsweek.com)

Surely not the senile leader of a political party that counts the promotion of transgender rights and the dissemination of the civilizational arson that is critical race theory as its seemingly highest political priorities.

How ridiculous are Republicans, really?? What seems like a skit from The Onion it them in real life.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
No Rambos allowed.

"If you are determined to go, be professional, responsible, and realistic in your expectations," a former SEAL-turned-CIA officer who goes by Frumentarius said. "Follow the Ukrainian government's advice about how to officially register, and do not go there telling them where and how you want to participate in the fighting. ... You are not Rambo, there to single-handedly slay Russians and post your selfies."

They finally get to use them.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Think this comedy isn't real?

A wall Street journal article blames the Ukraine invasion on the transgender debate and CRT
Of Course Vladimir Putin Invaded Ukraine Under Joe Biden's Watch | Opinion (newsweek.com)

How ridiculous are Republicans, really?? What seems like a skit from The Onion it them in real life.
Hahhahahahahaahhaba

That is EXACTLY the paradoxical schizophrenic powerplant I imagine burning inside the skull of Brandobullshit and the like… Oh man.