Russia on brink of ... NOPE! Russia INVADES Ukraine!

Page 200 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

pete6032

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2010
Jesus christ, learning some uncomfortable truths.
The KY TRS has $21 billion in assets. You are bound to hold something Russian when you have $21 billion in investments. Some fund manager probably sold the system on a portfolio of international growth stocks.

Heck I have a ton of international stock index funds that probably have Russian securities in them.

EDIT - Vanguard Total International Stock Market Index Fund (VTIAX) has 0.8% of its investments in Russian firms.

Last edited:
Reactions: Meghan54 and KMFJD

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001
Yea, they need to get over this, not allowed to have fixed wing aircraft BS. Especially, since someone in the Air Force might have to risk their lives getting below 15OOO ft.
Hence the Army's move to dual propulsion systems with rotors and props. Faster infill/exfill and rotors for low altitude CAS.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Yea, they need to get over this, not allowed to have fixed wing aircraft BS. Especially, since someone in the Air Force might have to risk their lives getting below 15OOO ft.
Are you familiar with USAF combat controllers?

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001
gqktj1C.jpg

Before anyone gets butthurt, I am sad about the conscripts, but not enough to overcome the satisfaction resulting from seeing the aggressors get their asses blown the fuck up.
Still, needless carnage because of one man's need to stay in power and ego-maniacal need to exert Russian dominance in one of the historically most war torn regions in the world (Europe). Putin need to go, we just need to keep cranking up the pain level until the apparatus that supports him loses faith in his 'leadership'.

adamsleath

May 4, 2007
Caveat to that is something internal toppling Putin.

Putin need to go

I agree. but i don't think it is going to happen. But, we can dream :rolleyes:

I suspect there would be russians who would like to see putin at the end of a noose. but, i do not know russian sentiments at all in the matter. various russians have disappeared, been tortured killed etc by putin i believe over the years.

if the west (meaning mostly the u.s.) did not have ideological (militarised) adversaries, why would you need to maintain such a large military? lol. the whole race of apes (yes i also use that term) emotive greedy territorial nasty apes, needs to evolve. but pathetic is as pathetic does. and millennia of the nasty ape homo stupidus has culminated in this today.

enjoy.

and calling homo idioticus apes, is an insult to apes.

the world leaders of tomorrow are not superpowers, nor escalators. and having learned what i have of human history up until the present moment i have no confidence whatsoever that they will evolve into anything better. in the future.

and as another poster mentioned previously, putin is a little pissant, one diminutive person who will be a mote of dust in a gigantic cosmos that is indifferent. russian military should put the dog down.

i have no appetite for wars. i'll leave that to the idiots. not happy.

but I'll get a laugh out of the collective stupidity, one way or another.

Last edited:
Reactions: UnklSnappy

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Still, needless carnage because of one man's need to stay in power and ego-maniacal need to exert Russian dominance in one of the historically most war torn regions in the world (Europe). Putin need to go, we just need to keep cranking up the pain level until the apparatus that supports him loses faith in his 'leadership'.
It's needless in that this all could have been avoided if not for Putin's (and his backers') bloodlust. It's needful in that they are currently on Ukranian soil attacking civilian targets.

Reactions: nakedfrog

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Very possible! One of the potential reasons I've read is something along those lines - that due to poor maintenance and training budgets they might not be able to employ all their aircraft due to lack of working ones and qualified people to fly them. If so, what a colossal clusterfuck - did Putin not know?

Reminds me of the Soviet era and the ineptitude. Perhaps this is the inevitable outcome from Putin's style of "Leadership"?