Russia on brink of ... NOPE! Russia INVADES Ukraine!

Page 101 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Wreckem

Diamond Member
Sep 23, 2006
Public discussion now of Finland considering joining NATO, which will further enrage Putin - the Russian ministry response was rather quick to threaten any such move.

This is the same PM, that just last month, was quoted saying that Finland would be "very unlikely" to seek NATO membership, now saying Finland is "ready to apply... if the issue of national security becomes acute". Moscow was quick to escalate the issue with threats.

The PM from Finland stepped outside her lane when she made that statement back in Jan regarding not joining NATO. The PM of Finland only handles domestic issues. The President handles the military, treaties, declarations of war(has to be approved by parliament), and all other foreign affairs. The President gently told her to shut the fuck up and stay in her lane when she made that statement about not joining NATO during her term. The President of Finland and Finland already work very closely with NATO and he’s not as on the fence about joining like she is. He’s dealt with Putin extensively and recently and has publicly stated Putin’s demeanor and character has changed for the worse recently.

The Fins despise Russia.

Last edited:

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Fly to Poland, go to the border with Ukraine and volunteer.

And to solve Climate Change you should personally give up all electric and vehicle use. Otherwise you are a hypocrite, proof that nothing should be done at all.
Yes, I know that Republican trope well. Interesting to see you use it.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
And to solve Climate Change you should personally give up all electric and vehicle use. Otherwise you are a hypocrite, proof that nothing should be done at all.
Yes, I know that Republican trope well. Interesting to see you use it.
Well for one I don't have to give up all electric and vehicle use so that's a stupid statement on your part. But seriously you clearly want to involve the US in this war. How many lives are you willing to spend and would you be willing to put yourself on the line? Your response says a lot but not your own.

Iron Woode

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 10, 1999
Will Europe decide on the economic "thermo-nuclear" option and drop Russia from SWIFT?

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
I can't read Twitter.. What's that about?

Strange that media embeds do not work for you.
Do you have twitter itself blocked?

Here is what it is supposed to look like.
ET6dVfL.png

Iron Woode

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 10, 1999
My understanding is that Cyprus gets a vote in that...and I think I know which way that vote goes.
from what I have read many countries are in favour of removing Russia from it. Germany and Italy are afraid.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
from what I have read many countries are in favour of removing Russia from it. Germany and Italy are afraid.

Italy seems less hesitant. Germany doesn't want to lose heating and oil. Cyprus has a deep financial interest in Oligarch money.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Well for one I don't have to give up all electric and vehicle use so that's a stupid statement on your part. But seriously you clearly want to involve the US in this war. How many lives are you willing to spend and would you be willing to put yourself on the line? Your response says a lot but not your own.

A reflection of your own argument. That a single soldier / sacrifice is somehow equivalent to advocating for actual solutions from nation states. And that the absence of self sacrifice negates any notion of a collective solution. You emit CO2, therefore are false and should be ignored. I yet live, therefore I shouldn't want us to respond to Russia's aggression. It is the same argument Republicans use on Climate Change.

John Kerry used a jet, ignore him.
That is your argument here, and yes, it IS very stupid.

Leymenaide

Feb 16, 2010
India avoids condemning Russian invasion of Ukraine, stays away from Biden’s coalition
WAPO today

Boycott all companies using Indian call centers and engineering centers. They are a security risk.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Startin' to feel a little warm.
If NATO is outraged by his barbarity now, wait until Putin actually carpet bombs the cities to end civilian resistance. Or maybe they have already taken that into account. Hard to say.

But what does Rubio expect NATO to do as a miscalculation?

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
If NATO is outraged by his barbarity now, wait until Putin actually carpet bombs the cities to end civilian resistance. Or maybe they have already taken that into account. Hard to say.

But what does Rubio expect NATO to do as a miscalculation?
Shooting down a jet with transponder off that's firing on a neutral ship in the black sea would be a pretty good example. Another might be a jet straying too far outside of the Ukraine border and getting nipped by AA fire.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
A reflection of your own argument. That a single soldier / sacrifice is somehow equivalent to advocating for actual solutions from nation states. And that the absence of self sacrifice negates any notion of a collective solution. You emit CO2, therefore are false and should be ignored. I yet live, therefore I shouldn't want us to respond to Russia's aggression. It is the same argument Republicans use on Climate Change.

John Kerry used a jet, ignore him.
That is your argument here, and yes, it IS very stupid.
Why bother? You already declared China the winner of the world. Look you want to run around shitting your pants today be my guest.

Reactions: Meghan54 and dank69

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011
India avoids condemning Russian invasion of Ukraine, stays away from Biden’s coalition
WAPO today

Boycott all companies using Indian call centers and engineering centers. They are a security risk.

India defense procurement involves a lot of "complaining about Russian suppliers"
They are in an awkward spot.

Reactions: Pens1566