Russia on brink of ... NOPE! Russia INVADES Ukraine!

Page 100 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Saylick

Diamond Member
Sep 10, 2012

True hero and a legend. How many presidents would stay right at what is about to become ground zero.
I remember Turdogan hiding like a B when his military staged a coup against his regime, and who can forget Bunker Boy "inspecting" his bunker when there was but small commotion happening outside the White House. :rolleyes:

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
I remember Turdogan hiding like a B when his military staged a coup against his regime, and who can forget Bunker Boy "inspecting" his bunker when there was but small commotion happening outside the White House. :rolleyes:
I have no idea how effective Zelensky is in other aspects of governance but he stared down Trump and the US and now he's doing this. Whatever may come the guy has balls of steel.

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011
Jesus. Imagine stopping at a red light when just the bomb just start flying in. :eek: I would going peddle to mettle.

True hero and a legend. How many presidents would stay right at what is about to become ground zero.

Putin from his luxury suite surrounded by yes men - "I'm going to de-nazify Ukraine!!"
Jewish President of Ukraine from the streets of Ukraine - "Fuck You"

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
Jesus. Imagine stopping at a red light when just the bomb just start flying in. :eek: I would going peddle to mettle.

I mean I know this sort of thing is going on, but to see the video like that... holy crap.
The dude breathing after the fact too.

Reactions: gothuevos

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
You would just give Putin more ammunition proving his point. Big picture, big picture. Holy crap! 13 more pages ahead.
Ukraine was in the early stages of being approved into NATO. It would be a perfectly fine reason. Again, Putin could use all the excuses he wants, I don't think he'd have the balls to actually attack US and multiple NATO forces.

I think your thinking is too much like Neville Chamberlain was to Hitler. Too scared to handle the hard realities of crazy dictators. Don't appease them

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
By acknowledged you mean you acknowledge there was zero duplicity, right?

Yes, I've signed an agreement that I will not grow a third arm. Big change, many deals, wow.

I might suggest signing something that means nothing... tricks others into thinking it meant something.
While I, again, acknowledge your earlier correction, I stand by feelings on its significance. Its meaning.

• Haha
Reactions: iRONic

Dave_5k

Golden Member
May 23, 2017
Public discussion now of Finland considering joining NATO, which will further enrage Putin - the Russian ministry response was rather quick to threaten any such move.

This is the same PM, that just last month, was quoted saying that Finland would be "very unlikely" to seek NATO membership, now saying Finland is "ready to apply... if the issue of national security becomes acute". Moscow was quick to escalate the issue with threats.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
While not much of a shocker, still hurts to see it in print.
The only "good" that may come of this is that it will stoke the fires of protest back home

Wouldn't be the first genocide committed against the Russian people BY the Russian government.
Purges are popular in the East, and thus far, very effective.

As for carpet bombing. That is war and violence 101. They did it in Syria. We did it in Iraq (Mosul VS ISIS). Cities becoming hollow bombed out husks is expected.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Yes, I've signed an agreement that I will not grow a third arm. Big change, many deals, wow.

I might suggest signing something that means nothing... tricks others into thinking it meant something.
While I, again, acknowledge your earlier correction, I stand by feelings on its significance. Its meaning.
Just be honest with yourself. You're whining because you're disappointed we aren't being drawn into WWIII fast enough for your liking.

Pens1566

Lifer
Oct 11, 2005
Public discussion now of Finland considering joining NATO, which will further enrage Putin - the Russian ministry response was rather quick to threaten any such move.

This is the same PM, that just last month, was quoted saying that Finland would be "very unlikely" to seek NATO membership, now saying Finland is "ready to apply... if the issue of national security becomes acute". Moscow was quick to escalate the issue with threats.

Called it two days ago.

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
A sip of polonium infused tea perhaps?

Honestly, everytime they show him, he's sitting isolated in his hermetically sealed office, or on the opposite end of some ridiculous table.

I think he's cracked. COVID and fear of death has cracked him. Just sitting there by himself, cutoff and stewing about revenge plots and injustices... He's lost it.

Reactions: Zorba

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Just be honest with yourself. You're whining because you're disappointed we aren't being drawn into WWIII fast enough for your liking.

I am disappointed we are letting Russia invade Europe.
I've had big differences and problems with how Turkey treats people, but we should give them anything they want in exchange for sealing the Black Sea. Russia moved half their fleet into it. We should turn it into a ship graveyard.

iRONic

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2006
I have no idea how effective Zelensky is in other aspects of governance but he stared down Trump and the US and now he's doing this. Whatever may come the guy has balls of steel.
He isn't the career politician so he doesn't have as much $$ to lose as the corrupt lifers. His political capital was growing by leaps and bounds with his base.

Sadly it may well cost him his life.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
I am disappointed we are letting Russia invade Europe.
I've had big differences and problems with how Turkey treats people, but we should give them anything they want in exchange for sealing the Black Sea. Russia moved half their fleet into it. We should turn it into a ship graveyard.
Fly to Poland, go to the border with Ukraine and volunteer.

Reactions: hal2kilo and dank69

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011
Wouldn't be the first genocide committed against the Russian people BY the Russian government.
Purges are popular in the East, and thus far, very effective.

As for carpet bombing. That is war and violence 101. They did it in Syria. We did it in Iraq (Mosul VS ISIS). Cities becoming hollow bombed out husks is expected.

Open secret - They did so because their training and equipment are mediocre and stuck in the last century.

Reactions: Pens1566