Russia on brink of ... NOPE! Russia INVADES Ukraine!

Page 950 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
That's two in two successive days 'killing themselves', no? After Makarov (slightly ironic that someone with the same name as a gun, shot himself - did he have a family connection to the firearms guy?).

I still don't understand what all this auto-defenestrationism is about. Why would Putin be doing in his own supporters? Is it just a Russian habit, following Stalin, that you dispose of _everyone_ even your own faction? Or is it someone else preparing the ground for the post-Putin era? Or is it just that Russians are just very, very prone to get depressed?

From the Telegraph (sounds like she was on "team Putin")

Hard to say here without a lot more detail, but typically when money starts to dry up and times are hard in mafialand, people get clipped. Thieves steal from the wrong people sometimes, and sometimes the real thieves kill themselves a scapegoat or make an example of someone.

The stress of living in a mafia state, maybe some alcoholism and SAD, yeah could be real suicide too. I will admit I usually doubt Russian reports because they lie about everything. If I was stuck in Russia I'd be pretty damn depressed.

RnR_au

Golden Member
Jun 6, 2021
I still don't understand what all this auto-defenestrationism is about. Why would Putin be doing in his own supporters?
The higher ups are cleaning house of anyone that knows stuff. From wikipedia on the Western Military District;
The district began operation on October 20, 2010, under the command of Colonel-General Valery Gerasimov.

Gerasimov doesn't want corruption charges on his door step. And this lady was the head of finance for the Western Military District in the Defence Ministry.

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
That's two in two successive days 'killing themselves', no? After Makarov (slightly ironic that someone with the same name as a gun, shot himself - did he have a family connection to the firearms guy?).

I still don't understand what all this auto-defenestrationism is about. Why would Putin be doing in his own supporters? Is it just a Russian habit, following Stalin, that you dispose of _everyone_ even your own faction? Or is it someone else preparing the ground for the post-Putin era? Or is it just that Russians are just very, very prone to get depressed?

From the Telegraph (sounds like she was on "team Putin")
You know how when you sharpen a pencil down so far that you're kinda sticking the metal bit into the sharpener? So that's where Russia was a few months ago, there's still teeeechnically graphite inside the cylinder of metal which binds the pencil to the eraser so they ground through that too. Not much graphite in the eraser BUT, if you grind past that and get to the finger, you can sort of write with that too so that's what they're doing now.

• Haha
Reactions: pcgeek11

RnR_au

Golden Member
Jun 6, 2021
And related to the post above;

Anyone quoting Minsk agreements as still having validity is not worth paying attention to.

Edit: nasty philosophy...
Most people need their heads to be filled with thoughts. You are not going to feed people with some highly intellectual discourse. Most people eat simple foods. Not the kind of food we are having tonight. Generally most people consume very simple-meaning beliefs. This is normal. There is haute cuisine, and there is McDonald’s. Everyone takes advantage of such people all over the world.
From https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vladislav_Surkov

Last edited:
Reactions: Racan and Leeea

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002
Policy makers in India are doing a bang up job of ensuring their people are team Russia and pro Genocide.

Yep and they're doing a good job brainwashing Indians and Indians from overseas over the Ukraine thing.

I've had to explain the point that if you're here in America.. you should be Team America or go back where you came from!

Think I mentioned earlier.. had one douchebag who failed his US citizenship exam because he wouldn't take an oath to be loyal to the US over any other past soverign or state.

1676606860783.png

The interviewing officer asks these questions and asks again.. if the person understands it were between the US and your past country.. who would you support??

He said he's Indian and he'd support India.

Thank you. End of interview. We'll send you the results via mail.

Mail said Citizenship exam failed because he didn't like me! - quote from the guy.

Probably Braznor's relative..

Last edited:

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
Hard to say here without a lot more detail, but typically when money starts to dry up and times are hard in mafialand, people get clipped. Thieves steal from the wrong people sometimes, and sometimes the real thieves kill themselves a scapegoat or make an example of someone.

The stress of living in a mafia state, maybe some alcoholism and SAD, yeah could be real suicide too. I will admit I usually doubt Russian reports because they lie about everything. If I was stuck in Russia I'd be pretty damn depressed.

I wouldn't rule out that some of them really are suicides. It seems like a culture and political environment that drives people to despair.

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
Policy makers in India are doing a bang up job of ensuring their people are team Russia and pro Genocide.

I wouldn't expect countries outside Europe and 'the West' to necessarily side with Ukraine. Countries look out for their own self-interests, particularly when they've had direct experience with the West's glaring lack of consistency over things like 'self determination' and 'opposing aggression'.

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
Yep and they're doing a good job brainwashing Indians and Indians from overseas over the Ukraine thing.

I've had to explain the point that if you're here in America.. you should be Team America or go back where you came from!

Think I mentioned earlier.. had one douchebag who failed his US citizenship exam because he wouldn't take an oath to be loyal to the US over any other past soverign or state.

View attachment 76678

The interviewing officer asks these questions and asks again.. if the person understands it were between the US and your past country.. who would you support??

He said he's Indian and he'd support India.

Thank you. End of interview. We'll send you the results via mail.

Mail said Citizenship exam failed because he didn't like me! - quote from the guy.

Probably Braznor's relative..

Have known plenty of people who would have failed such a test for this country. I think it gets complicated when it's an imperial power involved, particularly when people are born to be subjects of an Empire whether they want to be or not.

In fact, I wonder if we even ask that question? It sounds a bit like Norman Tebbit's "Cricket test".

esquared

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
More defenestration:

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Other nations were pressuring Germany for months.
Germany caved... and the other nations have yet to meet their own commitments.
Germany is rightly calling their bluff.

Germany initially rejected the Netherlands request to buy and transfer their 2A6s that are on lease from Germany to Ukraine. Then turned around and changed their minds once it made them look like idiots to claim nobody will supply tanks. Scholz is playing games again.

If there are fewer Leo 2s available than everybody thought its more likely due to poor condition stock (especially the large # of Spanish tanks available) which is not a huge surprise.

Reactions: Drach and Leeea

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Get those boys some para M249s.

SAWs with the big box love, yup. I hope they have claymores. Lots of claymores. Also, now would be a great time for Norway/Nammo to send those air burst 40mm grenades of theirs, if they haven't already.

Sending RPGs at targets less than 100ft away, enemy infantry parallel to your trench line less than 50ft away, bullets everywhere. That's some shit right there.

Reactions: Leeea