Russia on brink of ... NOPE! Russia INVADES Ukraine!

Page 90 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

iRONic

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2006
That's like saying Russia is building a military base in Mexico and then asking why is the US bombing Mexico. Georgia is within Russia's strategic and national security interests. Strategic and national security interests, fuckface. You morons can't think beyond the mainstream media headlines. Only thinking your country's interests. Other countries have their own interests. All that brainwashing has got to your reasoning abilities, has it not? Always parroting mainstream media talking points.
Shitlol!!

Them empire building Messicans!

Bozovich

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
According to Russia, NATO poses a huge security threat. According to the Western propaganda, NATO is like a peacekeeping force, rofl.

Considering the geography or Ukraine, Russia has a valid point. History has shown this.
Russia is currently invading a country without provocation and NATO is doing nothing.

You are either extremely stupid or you are an active propagandist.

Artorias

Platinum Member
Feb 8, 2014
How have they been operating a reactor there when no one can live anywhere near it?

I made a mistake. Some of the undamaged reactors were actually still in use until 2000 which are now decommissioned. The area now is mainly used a distribution hub of power from other plants in the region.

The exclusion zone is also not that radioactive nowadays, of course you needed a permit to enter and work in the region, but the plant itself was the only highly radioactive area.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
For most of your asinine posting history I considered you to be just one more stupid American fascist. Now I'm leaning toward stupid Chinese fascist.

lol, he totally sounds like the penguin dude, svnla now. same kinda fascist shit, with the same bizarre angle.

weird.

Reactions: ivwshane

Sunburn74

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2009
That's like saying Russia is building a military base in Mexico and then asking why is the US bombing Mexico. Georgia is within Russia's strategic and national security interests. Strategic and national security interests, fuckface. You morons can't think beyond the mainstream media headlines. Only thinking your country's interests. Other countries have their own interests. All that brainwashing has got to your reasoning abilities, has it not? Always parroting mainstream media talking points.
If Mexico allows Russia to build a base, its not justification to invade Mexico. Can't you see that? Am I the only one sick to my stomach to read that this guy thinks full blown war is justified because one country allows another country to put up a few buildings?

brandonbull

Diamond Member
May 3, 2005
Conservatives I know are talking out both sides of their rear ends.

1: How dare you sanction Russia, they are gonna nuke us any minute!​
2: What a wimp Biden is, if X were President we'd steam roll over Russia.​

Seriously. Within minutes of each other. It's rather disturbing at its incoherence.
WTF are you babbling about? Don't know what to say without your Russian disinformation? The Democrats have been weak and divisive and now that Putin has invaded and basically taken the Ukraine, now you want to do something. That bell can't be unrung.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
All of this could have been avoided but due to Western bully tactics, overconfidence and just a supremacist attitude, it is not. Every country has their own interests and every country has a right to defense as they see fit. Russia cannot allow Ukraine to join NATO, period. Full stop, end of story. They cannot. They have been very, very consistent about this. Ukraine is a route of invading Russia, as history has shown. Whether NATO intends to invade Russia through Ukraine is not relevant - it is what Russia sees.

The West, especially America, cannot see anything beyond its immediate interests. It cannot acknowledge that other countries may have interests that differ from its own. Russia sees Ukraine as a major entry point to Russia due to several factors, including geography. Basically, Ukraine serves as a buffer from an ever expansionist NATO. You people may not agree with this but it does not matter. This is how Russia sees it. Remember about acknowledging other people's concerns? It will be challenging for you, no doubt.

What might happen is that all of this accelerates the weakening of the West, especially America. Actually, at this point, Russia is stronger than America financially, fiscally and is more prepared in many different ways. America's influence is only a fraction of what it was back even a few decades ago, let alone further than that. As Russia abandons the US dollar, so will others. It will happen. America's influence is only going to weaken the more it reacts in a very strange way. Russia will turn towards East and other parts of the world. They have very good relations all over the world.The west are the b

The past two decades of America wasting trillions and killing millions only made it much, much weaker in every way. Now, it just cannot respond in any meaningful manner. The sanctions imposed are laughable since Russia has moved away from the Western slave system anyway. It is the Europeans who are scared and cannot do a single thing. On one side, they have America and UK always pushing for more war and on the other side, they have their own energy and other commodity needs. Russia can be a good business partner with Europe but America will not let that happen. It will always throw a wrench in whatever agreement there is. Not my opinion, history has shown this. The poor Germans are timidly walking away from Nord Stream 2 but leaving the door open. They cannot abandon their energy needs no matter what America says.
The West bullies?? How many times post the fall of the USSR did NATO cross into Russian soil?

Did Russia ever give back all those countries they took after WW2? Those countries didn't ask to be annexed. At least the latest members of NATO requested to join.

• Love
Reactions: akugami and Hulk

RnR_au

Golden Member
Jun 6, 2021
Looks like a good portion of production in Russia will come to a standstill. Both USA and Japan have banned semiconductor exports to Russia. South Korea and Taiwan will likely follow shortly.

The Russian economy will crater.

interchange

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Biden Trips Over Kamala and Strays So Far From Reality on Ukraine, Even Reporters Call Him Out

"Chief among them was this remark that jumped out to many: that “no one expected sanctions would prevent anything.”

Funny how the senile old fuck even hung his Vice-President out to dry. He probably just forgot his previous days talking points............ it's the Alzheimers.

Hit me up if you'd like an explanation of what Biden meant in his response. Say nothing if you want to remain in your bubble.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
Older people here, can you give a history lesson? Like were republicans this pro Russia during the Cold War. Or only recently because they are following their orange leader and how much he butt kisses Putin?

interchange

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Is Russia trying to get a win out of this by ramping up their Russian disinformation machine to gaslight the West? I really don't think that's going to fly. I'd be utterly shocked if all these Putin apologists showing up here are Americans.

Reactions: repoman0