Russia on brink of ... NOPE! Russia INVADES Ukraine!

Page 68 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Wreckem

Diamond Member
Sep 23, 2006
Any confirmation available of airborne ops against Kiev Airport or amphibious assault on Odessa? Just saw I post from Marco Rubio that I can't find sources for.

CNN is showing tanks entering from Belarus.
They were confirmed by Ukrainian government. As have several hundred casualties from the initial strikes.

gothuevos

Golden Member
Jul 28, 2010
Due to the ineffective and senile leadership of this country by Biden and his useless choice for vice-president Harris we now have a maniac like Putin following in the footsteps of Hitler.

Time to make a new fucking thread, he's invaded the Ukraine already, no "brink" anymore.

What exactly would Trump have done differently to prevent this? Be specific, other than your feels.

local

Golden Member
Jun 28, 2011
IMO this has to stop here. We, the world, have to stop this aggression now. Putin has decided to test us and we must not fail this test or else in the not so distant future we will find ourselves having to consider if defending a NATO country is worth the threat of nuclear war. At best we are looking at another cold war. I, barely, remember those days and fear that my children may have to endure that specter yet again.

Due to the ineffective and senile leadership of this country by Biden and his useless choice for vice-president Harris we now have a maniac like Putin following in the footsteps of Hitler.

Really? Once upon a time we as a nation shunned people that disparaged the US or its leadership during times of war or even on the international stage. The Biden admin has in my opinion shown the best use of US intelligence in my lifetime over the last few weeks. Nearly the entire world has joined us in condemning Russia's behavior in recent weeks and your play is to shit all over us? Why?

Jul 9, 2009
You would have preferred to have trump fluffing Putin and helping him instead I'm sure.
This is all about the abysmal failure of Biden and his laughable administration. After his complete and utter failure in Afghanistan most experts expected further disasters in foreign affairs/diplomacy .................... now they're getting them.

• Haha
Reactions: iRONic
Jul 9, 2009
IMO this has to stop here. We, the world, have to stop this aggression now. Putin has decided to test us and we must not fail this test or else in the not so distant future we will find ourselves having to consider if defending a NATO country is worth the threat of nuclear war. At best we are looking at another cold war. I, barely, remember those days and fear that my children may have to endure that specter yet again.

Really? Once upon a time we as a nation shunned people that disparaged the US or its leadership during times of war or even on the international stage. The Biden admin has in my opinion shown the best use of US intelligence in my lifetime over the last few weeks. Nearly the entire world has joined us in condemning Russia's behavior in recent weeks and your play is to shit all over us? Why?
JHCOAC (Jesus H Christ on a crutch.)

Time to que in "we are the world" sing it with feeling.

Dave_5k

Golden Member
May 23, 2017
Again this is ALL about Biden, his failure and the failure of his administration......nothing else.
No, this is 100% about Putin. Short of starting WW3, there was little else the US could do.

Biden reunited NATO and completely obliterated Putin’s lies and false flag ops with unprecedented and timely use of intelligence— unlike Trump who sucked up to Putin while handing over to Putin intelligence assets and actively cooperated with Putin’s goals to dismantle NATO as an effective entity.

sao123

Lifer
May 27, 2002

Because condemning the invasion accomplishes nothing. Words, Words, Words, Words. Don't mean squat unless you have a big stick to back it up.
The entire message of the leftist party for the last 30 years is disarm, shrink the military, and spend that money on welfare and Medicaid.
Ending the cold war and disarming was never a good thing, the cold war was the only thing that kept the aggressive idiots of Asia in check.
Weakness has been shown. The leadership on the left no longer has the stomach for war and the armies of darkness and destruction are prepared to march.
Who is going to rebuild all those battleships and carriers and soldiers to liberate Europe for the third time, and then who is going to liberate Taiwan from China?
You would think after 2 world wars, Korea, Vietnam, and several other conflicts since then, you might learn a thing or 7.

Never truer words have ever been spoken
For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape. 1 Thessalonians 5:3

rommelrommel

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2002
Russia has delivered a large quantity of mobile missile platforms to the front line. These things can carpet bomb / obliterate cities, and are the conventional version of WMDs. Not saying they've used them for that purpose yet, but it is clearly a tool they intend to use. The loss of life is up to them, but the potential is limitless.

Just as a point of order, rockets, bombs, and even artillery do not easily obliterate cities. Russia probably doesn’t even possess enough conventional artillery to obliterate Kyiv. Indiscriminate use is horrific, but largely ineffective.

local

Golden Member
Jun 28, 2011
JHCOAC (Jesus H Christ on a crutch.)

Time to que in "we are the world" sing it with feeling.

So you don't know why you are now anti-American or you felt like making a random YouTube link? Ok, carry on I guess.

Because condemning the invasion accomplishes nothing. Words, Words, Words, Words. Don't mean squat unless you have a big stick to back it up.
The entire message of the leftist party for the last 30 years is disarm, shrink the military, and spend that money on welfare and Medicaid.
Ending the cold war and disarming was never a good thing, the cold war was the only thing that kept the aggressive idiots of Asia in check.
Weakness has been shown. The leadership on the left no longer has the stomach for war and the armies of darkness and destruction are prepared to march.
Who is going to rebuild all those battleships and carriers and soldiers to liberate Europe for the third time, and then who is going to liberate Taiwan from China?
You would think after 2 world wars, Korea, Vietnam, and several other conflicts since then, you might learn a thing or 7.

WTF is all this rambling? Rebuild the military? We can easily outmatch rest of the world combined in a conventional war. Directly engaging the one country, other than the US, that has the capability to nuke the world probably shouldn't be taken so lightly as you seem to imply. But since your stance on the topic at hand is a bit unclear please clarify your position on what should have been done against Russia's aggression toward Ukraine in your opinion.

Reactions: dank69

rommelrommel

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2002

Just how much of a military advantage would the US need to possess to make you happy? Because they can easily defeat Russia’s military, and the same for the PRC even still. I guess you probably have no actual clue given the reference to battleships which no one operates anymore, and carriers of which the USA has 11 nuclear super carriers and 9 light carriers, and then its allies have the majority of the remainder of serviceable carriers in the world. Russia has one smoking pile of shit, and China has two that are slightly less shitty than Russia‘s, but almost no experience operating them.

sao123

Lifer
May 27, 2002
So you don't know why you are now anti-American or you felt like making a random YouTube link? Ok, carry on I guess.

WTF is all this rambling? Rebuild the military? We can easily outmatch rest of the world combined in a conventional war. Directly engaging the one country, other than the US, that has the capability to nuke the world probably shouldn't be taken so lightly as you seem to imply. But since your stance on the topic at hand is a bit unclear please clarify your position on what should have been done against Russia's aggression toward Ukraine in your opinion.

The entire world history has been filled with war. There will never be peace as long as mankind exists.
Life is war, war is life. We just choose to be be prepared to win it, instead of wishing it never happens.

We should be doing the same thing we did in Normandy, Korea, Vietnam and the Gulf.
If we oppose imperialism with our words, we should oppose it with our blood.

• Wow
Reactions: iRONic

GoodRevrnd

Diamond Member
Dec 27, 2001
Just how much of a military advantage would the US need to possess to make you happy? Because they can easily defeat Russia’s military, and the same for the PRC even still. I guess you probably have no actual clue given the reference to battleships which no one operates anymore, and carriers of which the USA has 11 nuclear super carriers and 9 light carriers, and then its allies have the majority of the remainder of serviceable carriers in the world. Russia has one smoking pile of shit, and China has two that are slightly less shitty than Russia‘s, but almost no experience operating them.
It's the '20s, battleship doctrine is still valid.

sao123

Lifer
May 27, 2002

Defeat PRC in a non-nuclear war? You do understand we did not win against the PRC in Vietnam, when we had 10x the military we do now?
Technology doesnt win war. It takes bodies, blood, guts, and courage.
The only thing preventing the PRC from steamrolling us right now, is the pacific ocean.

rommelrommel

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2002
Defeat PRC in a non-nuclear war? You do understand we did not win against the PRC in Vietnam, when we had 10x the military we do now?
Technology doesnt win war. It takes bodies, blood, guts, and courage.
The only thing preventing the PRC from steamrolling us right now, is the pacific ocean.

The USA would not need to invade to defeat the PRC military. Conquer China, no chance. Ruin their military and their economy? Absolutely.

NWRMidnight

Platinum Member
Jun 18, 2001
Sounds like it is, you guys nailed it, I was wrong in my prediction. Good job!
You where wrong on more than your prediction... Your whole argument, accusations of fear mongering (media and Biden), blaming the US/west, exesive sanctions, media etc has all burst into a ball of flames to the point your ass should be on fire.

Of course we all knew your where dumb as fuck from the start. Sad part is, by saying it "sounds like we where right", indicates the stupidity goes deep to your roots, and you are still grasping at some sliver of hope to save your credibility..

Last edited:

rommelrommel

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2002
Also, thinking about it the premise that technology doesn’t win wars is also wrong, England made an empire out of winning wars through superior technology. The long bow, the Royal Navy, etc. It takes bodies, blood, guts, and courage like you say, but many an empire of brave warriors have been crushed by opponents with weapons that they simply couldn’t answer.

Reactions: Ajay and pcgeek11

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008

Time to make a new fucking thread, he's invaded the Ukraine already, no "brink" anymore.
Get fucked

Mai72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2012

I'm goling to disagree with you. Yea, America has the advantage with our military. Our military budget dwarves both China and Russia, and we have had experience fighting in the middle east over the last 20 years. But, to say that a war with Russia and China would be a walk in the park for our military is purely ego on your part. We would dominate the war, but we would also incur a huge loss of life. And, lets not forget that Russia has nukes. If we backed Russia into a very bad spot, Putin wouldn't hesitate to use those nukes on America and our allies.

Reactions: Dulanic

rommelrommel

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2002
I'm goling to disagree with you. Yea, America has the advantage with our military. Our military budget dwarves both China and Russia, and we have had experience fighting in the middle east over the last 20 years. But, to say that a war with Russia and China would be a walk in the park for our military is purely ego on your part. We would dominate the war, but we would also incur a huge loss of life. And, lets not forget that Russia has nukes. If we backed Russia into a very bad spot, Putin wouldn't hesitate to use those nukes on America and our allies.

You‘re hardly disagreeing with me, what’s the difference between win easily and dominate? I also didn’t mean to convey that it would be a clean or casualty free affair, just that the balance of military power in the world is American.

I‘m also clearly taking about a break their shit and go home type war, not a war of annihilation.

And finally, I doubt it’s ego as I‘m not American.