Russia on brink of ... NOPE! Russia INVADES Ukraine!

Page 519 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Meghan54

Lifer
Oct 18, 2009
Plenty of people hate Ted Cruz and yet he won vs Beto.

As much as I'd like to believe the numbers and assumptions, I'd rather take it from an investigative journalist and a reputable news outlet than a Twitter thread. Because this has just as much credence IMO as the professor claiming there were millions of illegal votes.
Instead of that malarkey.....try reading about the Repubs. best friend.....

• Wow
Reactions: dank69

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Good lord.

So we denied Turkey patriot missile defense.
So Turkey buys Russian s-400.
In retaliation we deny Turkey F-35 jets....

I understand we do not want our jets tested and probed by Russian defense systems.
Sounds like the solution is to give them our missile defense in exchange for abandoning the s-400.
I know a country they can deliver it to.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Instead of that malarkey.....try reading about the Repubs. best friend.....

How the fuck are officials allowing this to continue?

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
Amazing. The GQP nutjobs will complain about secure borders but they don't even want secure elections or a capital here at home. Fun fact: Trump's 500 miles of "impenetrable" big beautiful wall has been breached at least 3,272 times as of this past March. A $11billion "Rolls Royce" of walls that smugglers get around with $100 in tools from a hardware store. You were saying?

If you're on the same side of an issue as Rand Paul and Putler, probably time to re-evaluate things. Shilling for Russian assets while holding your nose in the air is not the best look. I wish I understood why you guys consider Tucker Carlson, a racist serial liar born with a silver dick in his mouth, as someone to emulate. It'd be funny if the consequences weren't so dire. We have over a million American people dead and buried thanks to GQP feels interfering with a pandemic response, and now women in a number of states are about to have their bodies put under the yoke of hyper religious big government. Books are being burned and banned by those outraged over 'cancel culture.'

If you can't get your head out of your ass about stuff like that, guess what? No one cares what you think is amazing; what you consider mundane and proper renders your opinion null and void, useful only for amusement and cautionary tales.
Holy shit youre stupid.

1. I agree about the GOP's stance on elections as youve stated.
2. I never ever have touted Trumps wall.
3.Where the fuck did I shill for Russian assets? Russia and Putin need to burn.
4. Iver never watched an entire hour of Tucker. I think he's a troll.
5. No one here givers a shit about anyone. The biggest problem is asshats like you who continue to out words in people mouths if they offer a different opinion. And your post did that gloriously.

Reactions: pcgeek11

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
Also they could have tons more money for border security if they wanted it, they would just have to reform our immigration system to let more brown people in. They refuse.
I agree. Our legal immigration quotas are way too low. I dont care how many people immigrate as long as they do it legally.

edit: Ive said this many times BTW. Ive never been anti-immigration, but Im staunchly against illegal immigration.

Last edited:

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
I just don't get it and will probably never get it. 2x4km wires attached to each missile on a fucking spool. Ridiculous. Obviously effective, but ridiculous on the face of it.
Ancient problems require ancient solutions. Even more hilarious that they can apparently be defeated by wires.

VW MAN

Jun 27, 2020
Holy shit youre stupid.

5. No one here givers a shit about anyone. The biggest problem is asshats like you who continue to out words in people mouths if they offer a different opinion. And your post did that gloriously.
I agree. Our legal immigration quotas are way too low. I dont care how many people immigrate as long as they do it legally.

edit: Ive said this many times BTW. Ive never been anti-immigration, but Im staunchly against illegal immigration.
hey asswipe get the fuck out of here with your immigration bullshit. this thread is about Ukraine, and its war against russian invaders. if you want to discuss the failures of your repuke masters immigration policies start a new god dammed thread. you are doing nothing here except showing off what a fool you like to be.

Reactions: Muse

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
hey asswipe get the fuck out of here with your immigration bullshit. this thread is about Ukraine, and its war against russian invaders. if you want to discuss the failures of your repuke masters immigration policies start a new god dammed thread. you are doing nothing here except showing off what a fool you like to be.
Why didnt you tell fskimospy this also?

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Holy shit youre stupid.

Sure.

I'm happy to hear a lot of that, even though I do recall you being a wall fan sometime ago. Barrier fan anyway, but regardless I don't think connecting the wall to comments on border security is a stretch. It would appear you don't appreciate being treated like a magat. Have you given some thought into not posting like one? If your honesty and objectivity credentials are as sterling as you say, why are you posting such incredibly stupid assertions in defense of Paul? That particular sentiment of Ukrainian favoritism seems to be popular on Fox's constant Biden tirades, which is why I mentioned the talking heads.

I give a shit about people, and I walk that talk here as well as irl. Speak for yourself. If your opinion is ridiculous and smacks of snarky Fox sound bytes, maybe it needs work.

And no, Russia does not need to burn. Putin and the siloviki, yeah, if the world is lucky.

Reactions: hal2kilo and Racan

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Amazing. Theyll pass 40B to help Ukraine secure their border but wont wont secure ours.
Sure.

I'm happy to hear a lot of that, even though I do recall you being a wall fan sometime ago. Barrier fan anyway, but regardless I don't think connecting the wall to comments on border security is a stretch. It would appear you don't appreciate being treated like a magat. Have you given some thought into not posting like one? If your honesty and objectivity credentials are as sterling as you say, why are you posting such incredibly stupid assertions in defense of Paul? That particular sentiment of Ukrainian favoritism seems to be popular on Fox's constant Biden tirades, which is why I mentioned the talking heads.

I give a shit about people, and I walk that talk here as well as irl. Speak for yourself. If your opinion is ridiculous and smacks of snarky Fox sound bytes, maybe it needs work.
Yeah, I'd love to hear what he meant by secure our borders if he didn't mean that stupid fucking wall.

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
Sure.

And no, Russia does not need to burn. Putin and the siloviki, yeah, if the world is lucky.
I honestly dont know alot about Paul. I dont follow him. Nor do I watch Fox news. Sometimes people come to their own conclusions without media influence. I know thats hard for you to believe, but whatever.

I dont need to watch Fox news to have Biden opinions. The news gives me plenty of that and I can make my own opinions based on that.

As far as caring for people? IRL is not forums. I intentionally have a very small internet footprint. The only people I really care about are those in my real life. Its too bad when people in a forum have tragedies, and I console when needed. But if I or you drop dead IRL would I care? Would you? I mean, Im a member of many forums and maybe 2 or 3 people actually know what my name is. None of you do, which is why I know you dont GAF about me, and that doesnt bother me at all.

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
Yeah, I'd love to hear what he meant by secure our borders if he didn't mean that stupid fucking wall.
Ill indulge you. Drones monitoring every 100 miles or do and notifying border patrol if movement is detected. Border patrol offices every 300 miles. Cameras every 100 miles also with live monitoring. Electronic monitoring along the entire border. Motion detection.

That would be a start.

edit: this is a good article on a "SMART" wall. Which has garnered bi-partisan support.
The “smarter” wall: How drones, sensors, and AI are patrolling the border - Vox

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: dank69

JTsyo

Lifer
Nov 18, 2007
Good lord.

So we denied Turkey patriot missile defense.
So Turkey buys Russian s-400.
In retaliation we deny Turkey F-35 jets....

I understand we do not want our jets tested and probed by Russian defense systems.
Sounds like the solution is to give them our missile defense in exchange for abandoning the s-400.
I know a country they can deliver it to.
It wasn't random retaliation. The F-35 is integrated with the air defense system so one country having the F-35 and S-400 would mean a risk of Russia comprising the F-35. I believe the Patriot deal fell through since Turkey didn't just want to buy it but get a technology transfer so they could build new ones at home.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
I thought Orban was going to be the one who tried to screw with Finland and Sweden joining NATO, but he signed off on it and now Erdogan wants to shake us down for the F-35?

What a fucker. They aren't really interested in Patriots and THAAD. They want F-35 and S-400/500 to build off of for their own future indigenous versions. Their line about 'no risk because the two wouldn't be integrated' is horseshit and they know it.

Honestly, I'd rather have Sweden and Finland in NATO than Turkey.

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001
Just the idea of a wire-guided missile is hilarious to me.
The temperature delta on a tank vs ground temp isn't necessarily very high. Early heat seeking Sidewinders had the advantage of locking on to an extremely hot jet engine exhaust. Newer heat seeking self guided surface munitions rapidly decompress some type of gas/liquid to cool the heat sensor down so that it can lock on even with lower temp deltas. IIRC.

ASK THE COMMUNITY