Russia on brink of ... NOPE! Russia INVADES Ukraine!

Page 498 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Number1

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2006
Belarus army begins sudden mass drills but says ‘no threat to neighbours’

Alarming thought. Opening a second front at this time would be devastating. Assuming Ukraine is "all in" against Russia's lines.
If they did end up invading, Belarus would be a legit target for our military intervention.

How about this aliance?
Collective Security Treaty Organization

They also have something similar to NATO article 5.

an aggression against one signatory would be perceived as an aggression against all

So attacking Belarus is out of the question.

Kicking them out of UA would be similar to fighting Russians.
I am sure high ranking people have been planning for this.

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
How about this aliance?
Collective Security Treaty Organization

They also have something similar to NATO article 5.

an aggression against one signatory would be perceived as an aggression against all

So attacking Belarus is out of the question.

Kicking them out of UA would be similar to fighting Russians.
I am sure high ranking people have been planning for this.

As it stands, Belarus' military wouldn't add much. If a giant like Russia is struggling, a far weaker country like Belarus would be decimated.

Number1

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2006
As it stands, Belarus' military wouldn't add much. If a giant like Russia is struggling, a far weaker country like Belarus would be decimated.
We can only hope UA has it's handfull these days in the east. Belarus could easyly justify joining the fight by claiming sabotages in Russia is an attack on them all.

Last edited:

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004

Do not forget, a wider war in Europe means 10 million MORE refugees flowing into NATO states. That is an attack on NATO. If you doubt that, ask Poland how much fun they are having already. We cannot allow Ukraine to be attacked from the rear by another actor. It would demand a direct response.

Thankfully, Belarus has puffed up before and not made a fatal mistake. But Putin is desperately losing this war. Maybe he finally got his puppet to heel in a desperate bid to turn the tide. We must be ready for anything.

Reactions: Number1

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
this is good, right?

Yes, Ukrainians have been steadily pushing the Russians back to the North and Northeast of Kharkiv. This takes the city out of artillery range which had been killing a lot of civilians and makes Russian supply lines in the east increasingly vulnerable.

Reactions: Dave_5k

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Another massive Russian missile barrage today targeting infrastructure all over Ukraine.
ABC nightly news today said it wasn't targeting strategic facilities and showed an amusement park and children's playground destroyed as evidence.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001

Tsinni Dave

Mar 1, 2022
Russia is a total abomination and should be dismantled. Russia is morally degenerate. There should be nothing left of their military, their dreams of domination. It should be reduced to clay, rubble and sand. Those war crimes are unforgiveable.
I try to stay a little skeptical reading these translations because of the potential propaganda element, but if authenticated I have to say that is the most f'd up thing I've maybe ever read. The mothers responses are just as disturbing with the attempted justifying of it all. Maybe more so, if such a thing is possible.

Reactions: dank69 and Muse