Russia on brink of ... NOPE! Russia INVADES Ukraine!

Page 20 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
WTF is this the only place I see online or hear in speach the word "the " placed in front of Ukraine?!?!
Because senseamp is trying to push Russian propaganda and part of that is referring to Ukraine as ‘the Ukraine’. When I asked him about it earlier he repeatedly lied about his intent and tried to claim he was just using correct grammar even after he was shown it was improper.

So for this thread and basically any other he participates in be aware that he has no compunction against bald faced lies about even the most trivial subjects if he thinks it serves his purpose.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
The only liar here is you. Demonstrated to be false. Your butthurt about "the" in the Ukraine doesn't make me a liar, just makes you a snowflake. As far as propaganda, I correctly said there was no imminent invasion, that was just propaganda you fell for, they are now backing up on that, but have more propaganda for you to fall for, like Russia staging cinematic false flag attack on the Ukraine.

iRONic

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2006
Because senseamp is trying to push Russian propaganda and part of that is referring to Ukraine as ‘the Ukraine’. When I asked him about it earlier he repeatedly lied about his intent and tried to claim he was just using correct grammar even after he was shown it was improper.

So for this thread and basically any other he participates in be aware that he has no compunction against bald faced lies about even the most trivial subjects if he thinks it serves his purpose.
Dumb reason...

My bad then for that. I didn't see that post.

iRONic

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2006
The only liar here is you. Demonstrated to be false. Your butthurt about "the" in the Ukraine doesn't make me a liar, just makes you a snowflake.
Dude... middle school shit posting like that's a horrible look.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
Dude... middle school shit posting like that's a horrible look.
Read the rest of the thread. Dude is latching on to that "the" to try to land a lame and predictable ad hominem. Then when it doesn't work he gets pissed and starts calling me a liar, including lying about me not responding to some Godwin's law worthy post he made, which I did respond to.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
WTF is this the only place I see online or hear in speach the word "the " placed in front of Ukraine?!?!

It used to be quite common, even among non Rus, but then there is also a colloquial English tendency to do that with many countries. Like my bud Gavin when he was 'heading to the Gambia.' But when you hear it these days, from people who keep up on world events, it usually means the speaker is intentionally denoting Ukraine as a territory, instead of a sovereign state. Just the way Moscow acts.

My experience anyway.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jaskalas and iRONic

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Yes, I get your theory that Russia is paying me (or maybe paid people to hack my account) in order to post multiple posts over multiple days on obscure tech forum to convince you and a couple of other people dead set in their beliefs that imminent invasion of the Ukraine is just a western hysteria. That's your intellectual level. Own it. Work on it. Nothing wrong with leveling up to get better. But if you are going to take shortcuts like asinine ad hominems, it won't help, I am afraid.

I'm just starting to see why some could suggest it, and consider it generally peculiar in that it doesn't scan given your post history. Patterns, and their terminal points, interest me. All previous attempts to get you to explain the disparity have resulted in either you trying to beat the shit out of strawmen, regurgitating Kremlin talking points, or demonstrating multiple history fails.

I'm afraid I'm not the one who needs help here; your dishonesty and love of claiming propaganda while repeating propaganda fucks over your credibility, oh indignant one, not mine.

I'll own senseampnik, just for you. It is cute after all.

Last edited:

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
I'm just starting to see why some could suggest it, and consider it generally peculiar in that it doesn't scan given your post history. Patterns, and their terminal points, interest me. All previous attempts to get you to explain the disparity have resulted in either you trying to beat the shit out of strawmen, regurgitating Kremlin talking points, or demonstrating multiple history fails.

I'm afraid I'm not the one who needs help here; your dishonesty and love of claiming propaganda while repeating propaganda fucks over your credibility, oh indignant one, not mine.

I'll own senseampnik, just for you. It is cute after all.
Disloyalty the easiest smear when someone questions the foreign policy narrative being pushed. Nothing new here.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Disloyalty the easiest smear when someone questions the foreign policy narrative being pushed. Nothing new here.

Please try to keep up - I'm questioning the Russian foreign policy narrative here, the one you're basically shilling for. The one you can't answer upfront questions about, no more than you can certain realities of Russian politics it seems.

Full disclosure: I was wrong about hearing you say something critical of something Russian before, or took it the wrong way anyway. Trying to avail myself of that discussion instead revealed several others where you're basically defending Russia no matter what. Dating back to 2014 and before. I henceforth withdraw my suspicion on you being some kind of vested promoter or paid shill. I think it's far more likely you have a Russian background or spouse. That's my new theory, since you're writing them down.

Not that nationality matters a lot here, but I'm an American who believes in the utility of NATO because it worked before with a bully - the Soviet Union. I also believe in democracy, self-determination, tend to support those who do as well. Not a fan of dictators with absolute control and no oversight.

Who are you? So far all I can see from you is vilification of NATO, right in line with Russian talking points, and no issue with the guy doing the actual threats and menacing. I don't care about your lack of belief in the US because I share it to a degree. Tell me about your belief in Russia, since you've spent so much time.... how does it go?

"Posting multiple posts over multiple days on obscure tech forum to convince you and a couple of other people dead set in their beliefs"?

Last edited:

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Eeeeevery thing you said here, could be said up till Putin took Crimea.
I mean seriously.
IMAGINE THE SURPRISE ON YOUR FACE when he actually took it.
You must have been in a constant state of disbelief... Maybe you still are?

iRONic

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2006
Read the rest of the thread. Dude is latching on to that "the" to try to land a lame and predictable ad hominem. Then when it doesn't work he gets pissed and starts calling me a liar, including lying about me not responding to some Godwin's law worthy post he made, which I did respond to.
I read it. I apologize... that's actualy some high school shit-posting.

• Haha
Reactions: senseamp

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
Please try to keep up - I'm questioning the Russian foreign policy narrative here, the one you're basically shilling for. The one you can't answer upfront questions about, no more than you can certain realities of Russian politics it seems.

Full disclosure: I was wrong about hearing you say something critical of something Russian before, or took it the wrong way anyway. Trying to avail myself of that discussion instead revealed several others where you're basically defending Russia no matter what. Dating back to 2014 and before. I henceforth withdraw my suspicion on you being some kind of vested promoter or paid shill. I think it's far more likely you have a Russian background or spouse. That's my new theory, since you're writing them down.

Not that nationality matters a lot here, but I'm an American who believes in the utility of NATO because it worked before with a bully - the Soviet Union. I also believe in democracy, self-determination, tend to support those who do to. Not a fan of dictators with absolute control and no oversight.

Who are you? So far all I can see from you is vilification of NATO, right in line with Russian talking points, and no issue with the guy doing the actual threats and menacing. I don't care about your lack of belief in the US because I share it to a degree. Tell me about your belief in Russia, since you've spent so much time.... how does it go?

"Posting multiple posts over multiple days on obscure tech forum to convince you and a couple of other people dead set in their beliefs"?
If your arguments were not never ending ad hominems, you would address my arguments and not be so concerned with who I am.
Here's someone else making same argument, is he a shill too?

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
Eeeeevery thing you said here, could be said up till Putin took Crimea.
I mean seriously.
IMAGINE THE SURPRISE ON YOUR FACE when he actually took it.
You must have been in a constant state of disbelief... Maybe you still are?
Crimeans wanted to return to Russia, so there was no battle. Not true for the Ukraine today. You can't occupy a hostile country of 40M people with 1M army using 130K troops. Not sure why you are comparing the two, but OK.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Crimeans wanted to return to Russia, so there was no battle. Not true for the Ukraine today. You can't occupy a hostile country of 40M people with 1M army using 130K troops. Not sure why you are comparing the two, but OK.

Da Komrade.
You are well and proper compromised dude… like wtf.

But lets go.
How do you figure that “Crimeans” wanted to return to Russia?

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
Wtf is this. Answer the question comrade.
Or am I to understand that some red sharpie on a map is your evidence hereof?
Are you fucking mental?

Ill give you a bit and then do it for you.
You won't accept any evidence, so what's the point?
Lack of essentially any resistance, not evidence.
Population speaking Russian and identifying as ethnic Russian, not evidence. Even if there were some undecideds, the Ukraine dambing the canals and cutting Crimea off from its water supply sealed the deal.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Population speaking Russian and identifying as ethnic Russian, not evidence. Even if there were some undecideds, the Ukraine dambing the canals and cutting Crimea off from its water supply sealed the deal.
quoting for evidence, will get back later, training.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008

Thats right champ. There was a vote was there not? Crimeans voted to get the fuck out of Ukraine and go to Russia da da.
IIRC it was something about 90% that took part in the vote, GOD DAMN, thats a healthy democracy, that might be the highest ever seen in ANY democratic country's history.. And it was like 95% or something of those 90% that voted to LEAVE and go Russia. Da da.

I mean. That's an undeniable statement for sure. Guess you're right then.

By the way, who organized the vote? Who ran the election mechanics? Counted the vote? Ukrainian department of... what, I forget?

edit: Never mind, dont answer that, just shut the fuck up.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
What is dambing?

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
If your arguments were not never ending ad hominems, you would address my arguments and not be so concerned with who I am.
Here's someone else making same argument, is he a shill too?

Your arguments don't hold water, your versions of history didn't happen, and you refuse to acknowledge Ukrainian sovereignty. I've moved on to wanting to know why you're such an avid Putin fan, dutifully representing the interests of an authoritarian out to destroy democracy wherever he can. Are you capable of addressing this without resorting to more straw? I'm speaking for myself and no one is speaking for me. Your attempt to dismiss via youtube clip of people I've never heard of before is duly noted, summarily ignored.

Your parents Cold War immigrants maybe? It's hard to believe Cheney and Bush going into Iraq a 2nd time would fill you with enough disgust to excuse a criminal of even greater magnitude try to strongarm Europe back to the 90s. I'm sure there's a way for you to explain why you sound like an RT personality, and your offended feels don't seem to be hampering your posting ability.

Nevermind the who then, answer the why. Why are you such a fan of Russians menacing their neighbors? Why don't Ukrainians deserve the right of self-determination?

Last edited:

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
Your arguments don't hold water, your versions of history didn't happen, and you refuse to acknowledge Ukrainian sovereignty. I've moved on to wanting to know why you're such an avid Putin fan, dutifully representing the interests of an authoritarian out to destroy democracy wherever he can. Are you capable of addressing this without trying to resorting to more straw? I'm speaking for myself and no one is speaking for me. Your attempt to dismiss via youtube clip of people I've never heard of before is duly noted, summarily ignored.

Your parents Cold War immigrants maybe? It's hard to believe Cheney and Bush going into Iraq a 2nd time would fill you with enough disgust to excuse a criminal of even greater magnitude try to strongarm Europe back to the 90s. I'm sure there's a way for you to explain why you sound like an RT personality, your offended feels don't seem to be hampering your posting ability.

Nevermind the who then, answer the why. Why are you such a fan of Russian fascism? Why do you feel Ukraine isn't entitled to make it's own decisions?
I see you want to talk about me for whatever strange reason. Can't form a coherent argument on the subject alone? Unfortunate.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Americans speak English...the Queen will be right over with her Guard to ascend the Throne.

Please learn some etiquette, thank you.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
Thats right champ. There was a vote was there not? Crimeans voted to get the fuck out of Ukraine and go to Russia da da.
IIRC it was something about 90% that took part in the vote, GOD DAMN, thats a healthy democracy, that might be the highest ever seen in ANY democratic country's history.. And it was like 95% or something of those 90% that voted to LEAVE and go Russia. Da da.

I mean. That's an undeniable statement for sure. Guess you're right then.

By the way, who organized the vote? Who ran the election mechanics? Counted the vote? Ukrainian department of... what, I forget?

edit: Never mind, dont answer that, just shut the fuck up.
It wasn't the first time they voted to not be in the Ukraine by a huge margin. And not the second.
They had a referendum as the Ukraine split from the USSR indicating they had no interest in being in the Ukraine:
They had a referendum as part of the Ukraine indicating they wanted to be autonomous and have Russian citizenship:

Crimeans have always considered themselves Russian and their inclusion in the Ukraine an accident of history. Sorry it doesn't fit into your world view. Anyways, it's water under the bridge now.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
I see you want to talk about me for whatever strange reason. Can't form a coherent argument on the subject alone? Unfortunate.

If anyone else was carrying Putin's bucket like you are I'd ask them as well.

I suppose that rejoinder would sound a lot better if you weren't running away from direct questions, and coughing up a youtube clip of unknowns to speak for you just screams sockpuppet, you get that right?

You know what's unfortunate? Cowardice.

Last edited: