Russia on brink of ... NOPE! Russia INVADES Ukraine!

Page 1433 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

raildogg

Lifer
Aug 24, 2004
American foreign policy is so terrible that they have pushed Russia towards China and this is very shameful. Russia has wanted to be a part of Western world but the West has pushed them away so now it has no choice but to seek alternatives. The good news for Russia is that the emerging markets, global south etc are much more lucrative markets and partners. Trade with Russia, Africa, China is booming and even India, a country that the West wants under its influence, is now leaning towards Russia.

Russia natural resources and Chinese industrial output - very strong combination.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Someone's mad Putin got made to look like a feckless chump again.

Russia's economy being the size of Spain's seems to be causing some butthurt too.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
American foreign policy is so terrible that they have pushed Russia towards China and this is very shameful. Russia has wanted to be a part of Western world but the West has pushed them away so now it has no choice but to seek alternatives. The good news for Russia is that the emerging markets, global south etc are much more lucrative markets and partners. Trade with Russia, Africa, China is booming and even India, a country that the West wants under its influence, is now leaning towards Russia.

Russia natural resources and Chinese industrial output - very strong combination.

Ahaha. Double down on the bullshit histrionics, it's not like you've got any credibility to worry about right? American policy is so bad, just think how upset you'd be if they adopted genocide as state policy like Russia. It must boil your blood that America didn't turn Germany, Japan or Iraq into colonies. Germans getting stomped twice and still having a much better standard of living than Russians, that's gotta hurt the feels of you shills. "Emerging markets" lol Is this where you start yankin it to a BRICS fantasy? So weak, this playing pretend that you do. You're not really this dumb, are you?

Then again: "American foreign policy is so terrible that they have pushed Russia towards China and this is very shameful." Wow. That's the funniest thing I've read all week I'm pretty sure. It's like you have absolutely no concept of historical global politics whatsoever. No idea. They compete, sure, but it's two agendas of expansion and rewriting the world order that have prompted this cooperation, America is what is in the way, thinks the post WWII status quo is worth preserving, warts and all, but with tweaks to stewardship. Whomever paid for your education got robbed.

Hey sparky, China's economy is in the shitter. They lost 229 billionaires in 2023, look at the rampant unemployment and hardly any foreign contracts. India has been an ally, design partner and customer of Russia's for decades - what rock have you been living under? Russia just lost 80% of it's military exports, can't even pay for it's own shit. None of your eastern dictatorships will be doing much without advanced chips or a decent birth rate, get real clown. Stop trying so hard to convince everyone there is something very wrong with you.

Last edited:

raildogg

Lifer
Aug 24, 2004

Russia doing fine despite huge sanctions so this means the rest of the non-Western world is fine doing business with Russia. Remember the growth for the future is with the developing countries, many of which are victims of Western colonialism. They need to remember that the Americans, British, Germans, etc have looted so much from them before and this might be why they are willing to work with Russia.

Poor little Macron is suffering defeats in Africa big time. Basically, Mali, Burkina Faso and Niger are telling the French to get the hell out, you colonizers. So French power in Africa is heavily diminished. This will open door for Russia to come in and lets not forget the huge trade and investment of China in Africa.

China builds infrastructure, America bombs infrastructure. You don't think Africans don't know this? Get real. Africans want to do trade, they need investments, they need infrastructure. China can do this and maybe even Russia can get in on this since it already has relations in Africa.

It is the West that is suffering defeats in the Middle East and Africa at this moment.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000

Just to let you know that your cut-n-paste skills are duly noted.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
The fact is that America goes into countries to regime change them and this creates an environment for so-called terrorist groups to form. This has been shown many times before. That is why some believe that the USA is the leading country in creating chaos and turmoil in the world, mainly because of reckless regime change foreign policies. The Syrian government is thankful that the Russian forces came and protected them from American regime change operations, with help of ISIS groups and other radical Islamists that the US has connections to. To this day the US has forces illegally occupying Syrian land, stealing resources and creating chaos. That is what the US does - create chaos and regime change wars. This cannot be denied, even the dumbest American nationalists cannot deny this fact.

If the US had info on this attack, and they may have known because they talked about it, then why did they not give it to the Russians through diplomatic ways rather than using their spokespeople. The American government simply warned their own people to be careful in Russia a few weeks prior that is all. And now President Putin is very suspicious of US claims and I cannot fault him for this. There are other people besides the 4 guys they have captured, trying to escape into Ukraine for some reason. So when the American media says no connection to Ukraine, this can be refuted due to these guys trying to find passage to Ukraine. Was there somebody in Ukraine waiting for them?

The Russian government is going to look at this and I am sure the US is worried about it. It will continue the trend of making US look like aggressive regime change country that it is - always creating turmoil, etc.

Meanwhile, countries are gaining upper hand over US in technology and this will worry the US I am sure. The US spends $1 trillion or more on its military and yet has received very bad results from it. Losing war after war and it still does not have hypersonic missiles. Shameful. And now, North Korea is said to have successfully tested one! So this very bloated US military spending is going to buy mansions and luxury yachts for executives and US politicians?!

No wonder US politicians love war - they make too much money from it! But poor results for the military though - cannot find enough recruits, missing money, still no hypersonic missile, etc.
Jealous you dont have elections? That your personal worth is nothing and you are something best scraped off from under a boot of your betters?
I agree.
Sucks to be you.
You could try asylum somewhere else?

Reactions: Meghan54

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003

*weak ranting snipped*

False on pretty much all fronts.

Nope, China builds shitty infrastructure, the country of tofu dregs is itself falling apart because of it actually. China is who you call if you can't pay the Japanese to do it right, on time and maybe under budget. Japan is the global South's big builder, not China. That and espionage and predatory lending are why the Belt and Road initiative has basically been a flop. It will persist, out of spite as much as interest, but it will never be what Xi wants. Not sure China has that kind of time, and more countries in Asia hate them than are aligned with them. Italy bailed, literally a Russian sized partner economically. *sad trombone*

Silly rail. Russia bombs infrastructure. Look what they did to Grozny. Look what they did to Aleppo. Look at their current tactic of obliterating Ukrainian cities - Mariupol, Popasna, Bucha, Rubiznhe... Where is your concern there Mr. Humanitarian Who Loves War Criminals? Doesn't count if not in Israel again I guess? Once again your view of the world just doesn't seem to jive with observable facts. Your hypocrisy is a sad joke. So, so sad.

I don't like colonization personally, have no problem with the French leaving, but fact is they are a nuclear power with better training and weapons than the Russians. So, good allies, once they get moving. Kinda looks like they'll be trading their stuff in Africa for Russia's position as global arms dealer. More money, less hassle than proping up African warlords probably. Those silly French. I think Macron cares more Putin is a lying bitch with a Hitler fixation.

The West and NATO continue to strengthen. Russia and China both have seen their prospects for this century dwindle, both keep making self forced errors like invading neighbors, or botching pandemic responses. Then there's all the constant bad news, like their dream weapons not working or being defeated by Western designs that have lived on a shelf for +20 years.

Don't you get tired of making yourself look like an indoctrinated sociopath here?

Last edited:

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
He's informed alright. Like a sieve, nothing escapes this cyka. The guy who defends the likes of Shoigu and the land of graft accuses westerners of having mansions thanks to military budgets. That's pretty funny.

The US doesn't have a hyper-sonic missile? Interesting

240227-F-VS136-1091-1536x1022.jpeg

"Members of the air and ground crews at Andersen Air Force Base, Guam, receiving “hypersonic weapon familiarization” with the AGM-183A ARRW on Feb. 27. The missile, which was mounted under the wing of a B-52H bomber, had yellow stripes, indicating it has a live warhead. Blue stripes indicate an inert weapon without a warhead, typically used for captive-carry tests or loading training. "

Probably works, not sure we'd see it get intercepted like a Kinzhal or Zircon. Still, meh though. I'm more interested in seeing Russians and Chinese meet Meteor and AIM-260 JATM, if they have to.

Last edited:

RnR_au

Golden Member
Jun 6, 2021
Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky has signed into law a bill lowering the military mobilisation age by two years from 27 to 25.
Source

I wasn't aware that Ukraine hadn't tapped the whole age span of eligible citizens. They could still tap 18-24 if they felt the need.

Reactions: Ajay

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
The fact is that America goes into countries to regime change them and this creates an environment for so-called terrorist groups to form. This has been shown many times before. That is why some believe that the USA is the leading country in creating chaos and turmoil in the world, mainly because of reckless regime change foreign policies. The Syrian government is thankful that the Russian forces came and protected them from American regime change operations, with help of ISIS groups and other radical Islamists that the US has connections to. To this day the US has forces illegally occupying Syrian land, stealing resources and creating chaos. That is what the US does - create chaos and regime change wars. This cannot be denied, even the dumbest American nationalists cannot deny this fact.

If the US had info on this attack, and they may have known because they talked about it, then why did they not give it to the Russians through diplomatic ways rather than using their spokespeople. The American government simply warned their own people to be careful in Russia a few weeks prior that is all. And now President Putin is very suspicious of US claims and I cannot fault him for this. There are other people besides the 4 guys they have captured, trying to escape into Ukraine for some reason. So when the American media says no connection to Ukraine, this can be refuted due to these guys trying to find passage to Ukraine. Was there somebody in Ukraine waiting for them?

The Russian government is going to look at this and I am sure the US is worried about it. It will continue the trend of making US look like aggressive regime change country that it is - always creating turmoil, etc.

Meanwhile, countries are gaining upper hand over US in technology and this will worry the US I am sure. The US spends $1 trillion or more on its military and yet has received very bad results from it. Losing war after war and it still does not have hypersonic missiles. Shameful. And now, North Korea is said to have successfully tested one! So this very bloated US military spending is going to buy mansions and luxury yachts for executives and US politicians?!

No wonder US politicians love war - they make too much money from it! But poor results for the military though - cannot find enough recruits, missing money, still no hypersonic missile, etc.
If you don’t like countries invading each other to change their governments you’re going to be so mad when you find out what Russia’s been up to.

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001
Source

I wasn't aware that Ukraine hadn't tapped the whole age span of eligible citizens. They could still tap 18-24 if they felt the need.
Not too dumb to protect the next generation to rebuild the country - if they can maintain that.

Reactions: RnR_au

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Another Russian mass attack smashed by Ukrainian indirect fire. It seems the Russians have decided the AFU is out of shells and has sent so so many tanks/IFVs/men into assaults to prove it just as the AFU gets resupplied. IFV losses especially have been astronomical lately easily exceeding 250 in March alone.

Reactions: balloonshark

Brovane

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2001

The US did give the warning directly to Russian authorities. The was also warning that was sent out publicly so US and western citizens in Russia would be aware of the danger. What the warning got wrong was the timing of the attack. They thought it would happen in the next 48-hours when the warning went out through the embassy on March 7th.

https://ru.usembassy.gov/security-alert-avoid-large-gatherings-over-the-next-48-hours/

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
He's repeating Kremlin talking points, almost verbatim. He's as desperate as Putin to connect the ISIS-K attack to Ukraine. It's so weak this conspiracy horseshit they keep spewing. Look at him pretend it's only "American media" debunking Kremlin talking points. 'Putin cannot be faulted' lol, shocker, the asshole who doesn't think Putin can be blamed for rampant atrocities and war crimes thinks he shouldn't blamed for acting like a pompous, petulent brat.

But as we all know, Putin doesn't really give a shit about civilians. Even Russian civilians. He's not mad people died, he's mad the US made him look like a capricious fool (again).

Cyka, why are so determined to make people believe you have serious cognitive issues and no sense of morality? So bizarre this fixation of yours.

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002
Putin doesn't really give a shit about civilians. Even Russian civilians. He's not mad people died, he's mad the US made him look like a capricious fool (again).

My wife was showing me Russians behaving badly as tourists.. beating up taxi drivers and not paying. Refusing to pay at restaurants and setting up Russian only clubs where natives are not allowed.

Guess what.. there's a storm coming for those very same Russkie tourists.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
My wife was showing me Russians behaving badly as tourists.. beating up taxi drivers and not paying. Refusing to pay at restaurants and setting up Russian only clubs where natives are not allowed.

This was happening in Sri Lanka and they canceled all their long term tourist visas.

Basically any place that is enduring an influx of Russians vacationing or avoiding their draft is unhappy because Russians are so poorly behaved and are distorting the local economy.

Reactions: zinfamous

Pens1566

Lifer
Oct 11, 2005
It's been a few years (prior to the invasion obviously), but there were a metric shit-ton of Russians at a resort I was staying at in the Caribbean. I avoided them at all costs after about 15 mins of interaction.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
The US did give the warning directly to Russian authorities. The was also warning that was sent out publicly so US and western citizens in Russia would be aware of the danger. What the warning got wrong was the timing of the attack. They thought it would happen in the next 48-hours when the warning went out through the embassy on March 7th.

https://ru.usembassy.gov/security-alert-avoid-large-gatherings-over-the-next-48-hours/
What's amazing is @raildogg is so far gone and so consumed with Russian propaganda that even when ISIS attacks Russia, Russia is too incompetent to stop it, AND the US warns Russia ahead of time, it's still the US's fault.

Reactions: kage69

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
It's been a few years (prior to the invasion obviously), but there were a metric shit-ton of Russians at a resort I was staying at in the Caribbean. I avoided them at all costs after about 15 mins of interaction.
When I was in Russia several years back it was impressive how unpleasant the people were. Like they weren't mean to me or anything, it was just a nonstop stream of whining and grievance about how mean everyone was to Russia.

I remember thinking to myself 'what the fuck are you guys thinking? We don't hate you, we barely think about you.' I think that was the biggest takeaway I got from that - Russia is fine with the US hating them, they just want us to pay attention to them because it's very important for Russians to feel significant.

Reactions: Drach

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003

The Balts especially are cracking down on that I hear. Good for them. Mainland Chinese can be even worse, Aussie bogans are none too nice as well I hear.

Oddly enough, Americans are welcomed as desired guests these days; there was some "influencer" shit they didn't appreciate for awhile, but now we're the nice people who don't stay drunk the whole time and tip nice. Quite a change from the 80s and 90s, cracks me up.

Pens1566

Lifer
Oct 11, 2005
When I was in Russia several years back it was impressive how unpleasant the people were. Like they weren't mean to me or anything, it was just a nonstop stream of whining and grievance about how mean everyone was to Russia.

I remember thinking to myself 'what the fuck are you guys thinking? We don't hate you, we barely think about you.' I think that was the biggest takeaway I got from that - Russia is fine with the US hating them, they just want us to pay attention to them because it's very important for Russians to feel significant.

Rude, loud, filthy. About sums up my experience. I'd seen it before in smaller samples, and thought maybe it was just one offs. But this was a LOT of them (majority in our section of the resort) and they were all the same.

When we landed and were waiting to get through airport there were 3 Aeroflot jumbos at the "gates" at the same time.