Russia on brink of ... NOPE! Russia INVADES Ukraine!

Page 138 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

manly

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
Semi-serious question: if Russia is cut off from semiconductor supplies and all those miners can't get cards will gpu prices plummet?
No, I'm not aware that Russia dominates crypto mining demand. Judging from Super Bowl ads, we're in the late stages of the crypto bubble (think 1999 when .com startups bought all the SB ads). Until crypto plummets hard and bag holders lose their shirts, GPU prices won't plummet.

Reactions: zinfamous and Leeea

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
EU says fighter jets transferred to Ukraine will be landing "within the hour" and handed over for use. Presumably they are being provided loaded with armaments. I wondered how long it would take for these countries to actually make weapons deliveries but looking like they are really hustling.

Watch, they will be flown directly into combat.

X6HcXgi.jpeg

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Belarus in a referendum (lol yeah right) reversed their ban on nuclear weapons. Presumably this will allow Putin to emplace short and medium range nukes there.

Pens1566

Lifer
Oct 11, 2005
I said it before but it is just possible Russia's military capabilities are somewhat oversold.

And that shouldn't really shock anyone to be honest. Word from defectors/inspectors since the breakup has almost entirely pointed towards that. With the exceptions of nukes (and even the capability of those has been questioned) and a massive # of armor pieces ... lots of hot air.

Reactions: Leeea

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Someone said early on that the only thing Putin accomplished with this move was to unite the west.

Mother Fucker. Was that dude or gal right.

Putin bought himself a proxy war on his own front lawn, him vs. everyone else. (minus China).

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
So 2/3'rds of Russias forces is committed to this now, they have readjusted to the unanticipated hard resistence, they've gotten reinforcement and moving forward in a position that is not blitz krieg. Putting big numbers against few.

Motherfucker I hope regular forces read this sign and get the fuck out the way... Here comes the time of the sniper, the guerilla warror.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
There is a 3 mile long convoy slowly heading West to Kyiv. All on one road. I imagine the drones are going to pound the absolute piss out of those guys. Plus the woods on either side are teeming with rifles, RPGs and missiles.
Highway of Death Ukrainian version, loading...please wait
The Ukraine is a big country with not very developed road infrastructure with forests and swamps. Not great for supply lines. That said, Russia has been executing a strategy for a world that doesn't exist, where they can just ride in and take over without resistance. Once they abandon their false hopes and begin total war, with artillery and bombing preparation, it will be far more brutal. There is no real support for that kind of destruction of the Ukraine in Russia, where the invasion is being sold as "protecting" Ukrainians from imaginary "Nazis." So Putin is in a lose lose situation. He either tries to avoid destruction of the Ukraine and loses, or he goes for it and looks like a madman to his own people, many of whom have friends or relatives in the Ukraine. Appear weak or appear mad. Either way, he is in big trouble.

Reactions: Muse and uclaLabrat

adamsleath

May 4, 2007
what is the death toll thus far?

==

==
Donbass Conflict:

i'm just keeping a scoreboard.

===
historical context of the Ukranian culture/people/factions/language. etc.

Kyiv changed hands 5 times in the early 20th century - it was chaos.

Last edited: