Russia on brink of ... NOPE! Russia INVADES Ukraine!

Page 1302 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
During the Cold War the battle plan was that the Soviets would overrun the Baltic States and then NATO would have to get into gear and counterattack to take them back. Obviously the Baltic States weren't a big fan of this strategy. Now NATO forces have a larger presence there and with better intel, NATO can be in place before Russians can mass enough troops to make a push. After its showing Ukraine, Russia would have be delusion to tangle with NATO.
Many Russians have repeatedly vowed that this war is happening, Russia has moved its economy into military production. They have over 400k soldiers in Ukraine, with more mobilized every month. Preparing for something bigger. India and China are behind them. Total war is upon us whether you wish it or not. It is delusional to think Russia has any intention of stopping. And we have not done nearly enough to force them to stop.

Russia boosts size of armed forces by 170,000 troops

Putin’s decree was released by the Kremlin on Friday and took force immediately. It brings the strength of the armed forces to 1.32 million service personnel and increases the overall number of Russian military personnel to about 2.2 million.

Russia will attack NATO within six to ten years, independently on the outcome of Russo-Ukrainian war, and the West cannot prevent this attack, just prepare for this, says Deputy Director of Germany's leading foreign policy think tank DGAP in this interview, explaining his recent eye-opening report:

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Now is a good time to note that actual Russian recruiting numbers differ quite a bit from the announcements coming out of the government. They are far below targets.

On the other point Europe should indeed be buying many more arms, mostly from their own companies.

gorobei

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2007
Many Russians have repeatedly vowed that this war is happening, Russia has moved its economy into military production. They have over 400k soldiers in Ukraine, with more mobilized every month. Preparing for something bigger. India and China are behind them. Total war is upon us whether you wish it or not. It is delusional to think Russia has any intention of stopping. And we have not done nearly enough to force them to stop.

Russia boosts size of armed forces by 170,000 troops

Putin’s decree was released by the Kremlin on Friday and took force immediately. It brings the strength of the armed forces to 1.32 million service personnel and increases the overall number of Russian military personnel to about 2.2 million.

Russia will attack NATO within six to ten years, independently on the outcome of Russo-Ukrainian war, and the West cannot prevent this attack, just prepare for this, says Deputy Director of Germany's leading foreign policy think tank DGAP in this interview, explaining his recent eye-opening report:

the reason it is a decree for more troops and not a mobilization for conscription is to avoid the same exodus of moscow area men at that last conscription.
the decree just says recruit more volunteers to contract service. they have already raided the prison system for ~150k and pulled all sorts from the industrial sector. they dont have many more sources to find more people willing to 'volunteer'.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
the reason it is a decree for more troops and not a mobilization for conscription is to avoid the same exodus of moscow area men at that last conscription.
the decree just says recruit more volunteers to contract service. they have already raided the prison system for ~150k and pulled all sorts from the industrial sector. they dont have many more sources to find more people willing to 'volunteer'.

Your argument would be... that Russia is depleted of manpower?
Much as I wish that were true, I do not believe it.

Previously, a logical assessment of both nations size and population suggested they could endure losses at these levels for well over a decade. And if we betray Ukraine....
I cannot reconcile people's thought that Russia is already defeated, or on the verge of it. If that was true they would have ceded ground to Ukraine.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Your argument would be... that Russia is depleted of manpower?
Much as I wish that were true, I do not believe it.

Previously, a logical assessment of both nations size and population suggested they could endure losses at these levels for well over a decade. And if we betray Ukraine....
I cannot reconcile people's thought that Russia is already defeated, or on the verge of it. If that was true they would have ceded ground to Ukraine.

Putin has strenuously avoided another mass mobilization because there is a huge labor shortage in Russia that is both hampering economic output due to understaffing and causing inflation as wages rise to retain workers. It also would be very very unpopular right now and they do pay at least a little attention to that.

Private industry is increasingly competing for the convict labor pool the MOD has been sending off to die setting up another internal fight over labor resources that is only likely to grow.

Russia is not "depleted" of manpower but there are real challenges even they have to deal with.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
It's like the repuglicunts want Ukraine to lose just to enact Trump's hatred on Joe Biden. Got trapped talking to someone about HoR and the wars today, had to listen to that fool recite Fox nonsense for a full hour and a half. The take away was right now it seems that only Israeli civilians matter. Get fucked Ukrainian and Palestinian civilians pretty much, they 'had their chances. Can't wait till Trump is back and pulls us out of NATO.' 'Oh well.'

It's astounding how batshit insane these morons are getting, how indifferent they are to treason, death and self-destructive incompetence. Their Saint Reagan is rolling in his grave. Leave it to these assholes to try and ruin the best military thing we've had going since the early 80s. It's not often you get to skip wars by helping an ally stay alive. The GQP's war is placating Trump the Traitor in a bid to stay in power though, they've got to get Biden impeached and Ukraine losing to Russia to make Orange Jesus happy apparently. It'd be funny if so many people weren't set on voting for the unfit, ineligable treasonous fuck. Thank goodness the anti abortion rights people are now threatening the ACA and social security again. I was afraid we'd be too busy watching a candidate get reamed in court over and over again.

Hang in there Ukraine, Nov 2024 ain't that far away. You got this.

Last edited:

Zor Prime

Nov 7, 1999
Nov 2024? There is the likelihood of a peace treaty signed before then if Ukraine can't keep funded and armed.

RnR_au

Golden Member
Jun 6, 2021
Putin is trying to strangle military flows to Ukraine... ie make the West hoard gear just in case Russia does attack a NATO nation.

1701828898275.png

Threaten a country about 'their treatment' of minorities is par for the cause in generating a cause for war.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Nov 2024? There is the likelihood of a peace treaty signed before then if Ukraine can't keep funded and armed.

I doubt it. As Ukraine has stated many times, they don't have anyone in Russia that can be trusted with an agreement, and they aren't interested in passing the fight to their grand children. Maybe things would be different were it not for the all the war crimes, kidnapping, and genocide, but I'm just not seeing it. Maybe Zelenskyy will prove me wrong, we'll see.

I think it's more likely they're going to dig in everywhere and stalemate Russia for a bit to conserve strength and resources. Let the Russians keep marching into more chippers, suffering ridiculous losses. Maintain a rate of depletion of the other side with periodic long distance precision fire and near constant drone raids. Another year of incredible losses doesn't bother Putin. Another 5 years of incredible losses might give him or possibly someone around him second thoughts of some variety. Putin could be dead in 5 years. I think there is a likelihood this thing starts to scale down with excuses and threats after Joe Biden mops the floor with a traitor one more time.

No one brings it like the US, sure, but remember there are 50 other countries supporting Ukraine too. We've still got some money to play with and let's see what happens in the coming days on the Hill. Ukrainians know things could get lean, but they will endure. They were going up against troops and armor with Molotovs not too long ago remember.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Putin is trying to strangle military flows to Ukraine... ie make the West hoard gear just in case Russia does attack a NATO nation.

View attachment 89940

Threaten a country about 'their treatment' of minorities is par for the cause in generating a cause for war.

Funny how Maduro decided now's the time to try and help himself to 2/3rds of Guyana too, no?

Reactions: RnR_au

Drach

Apr 24, 2022
'Degraded you say? What degraded mean?'

Putin Ally Predicts Baltic States Will Fall to Russia in 15 Minutes of War

Pundit Stanislav Krapivnik suggested that the Baltics would be next in Russia's quest to restore its empire.
Just like Ukraine would fall in 3 days without Nato support. lol.
While I don't want war, I have 2 members my own family lost to russia in the last year. While I don't want conflict, I would rather have conflict than the vatnicks in ruzzia advancing their crazy world ideas.

Last edited:
Reactions: zinfamous

Drach

Apr 24, 2022
While I don't want war, I have 2 members my own family lost to russia in the last year. While I don't want conflict, I would rather have conflict than the vatnicks in ruzzia advancing their crazy world ideas.
I am looking into ways I can move to Ukraine to do humanitarian relief for them. I am 56 and cant work for shoulder reasons. I can't lift my arms over what you would normally see from a Nazi salute. This is the limit of my arm movement not my support of Nazi's. If someone knows some aid operation that I could be helpful to please let me know . My family in Ukraine doesn't have any idea. My extended family in Kherson will provide accommodations. I have zero issues working in a war zone.
Please , every avenue that I have tried so far has been shut down. I don't need to be paid.

Last edited:

RnR_au

Golden Member
Jun 6, 2021
Please anyone that has more knowledge than me in Ukraine please reply .
Perhaps talk to some of the bigger Ukrainian twitter channels. They might know of someone in the Ukrainian volunteer organisations that can help out. If you can speak Ukrainian, mention that.

Personally I know that if I have had military service, I would be over there. Not married, nor any kids.

gorobei

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2007
I am looking into ways I can move to Ukraine to do humanitarian relief for them. I am 56 and cant work for shoulder reasons. I can't lift my arms over what you would normally see from a Nazi salute. This is the limit of my arm movement not my support of Nazi's. If someone knows some aid operation that I could be helpful to please let me know . My family in Ukraine doesn't have any idea. My extended family in Kherson will provide accommodations. I have zero issues working in a war zone.
Please , every avenue that I have tried so far has been shut down. I don't need to be paid.
malcolm nance appears to still be using twitter, you could try posting to him. he should still be in contact with the legion over there or have an idea of who you could contact.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

View attachment 89940

This is an annual event for Putin regarding the "Russian" minorities in Latvia. No one cares.

By the way, Latvia has started confiscating all cars with Russian tags and sending them straight to Ukraine. LoL. awesome.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Delicious rat poison sausages and arsenic infused vodka for the brave mobiki, mmmmmmm

czRFHpe.png

7oZG49z.png

"Kremlin snuff box" ahaha

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003

The Baltic nations are exceeding 3% of GDP spending on new military equipment and ammunition.

Armored vehicles, rocket artillery, loitering munitions, anti-tank rockets/missiles, air defense, cruise missiles, etc. About the only thing they aren't buying is F-35s which are out of their price range. Their Nordic friends however have plenty of aircraft.

Russians propagandists love to talk about closing the Swualki gap but the reality is that the Poles and Lithuania are very likely to obliterate Kaliningrad and sink the Russian Baltic Fleet if they try it.

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001

View attachment 89940

This is the movie equivalent to jump scares. As with the movies, they eventually get tedious leading the observers to sigh from boredom.

Anyway, should Putin become senile enough to try this - NATO will stop reaching into its junk draw and pull out the really advanced weapons we have. I almost wish he’d try.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Biden says he’s willing to make “significant compromises” on border policy.

At the end of the day Biden is going to have to cut a deal with McConnell. Senators negotiating amongst themselves not likely to resolve the issue. Republican instance that their own demands are not negotiable isn't a durable position though since they also want the aid supplemental.

Mostly what I hear the Ds are balking at is the Rs want to extend more power to the president to stop accepting applications of asylum altogether at will, anticipating a Trump presidency that pretty much ends the practice entirely. Limitations on humanitarian parole may or may not also be an issue but there are conflicting reports. If Biden is willing to come in the Rs direction a bit more overall then he should also ask for more money IMO. Like $30B in drawdown authority and $30B in USAI, at least.