Russia on brink of ... NOPE! Russia INVADES Ukraine!

Page 1063 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
LOL wut? Does this seem likely?

Kyiv is now protected by a Patriot PAC-3 system, an IRIS-T SLM, their legacy ex-Soviet SAMs, likely quite a few Gepards, sundry MANPADS, and various mobile surface to air guns with thermal sights. All this is tied in to the IBCS we gave them.

There probably isn't a city anywhere better defended from air attack that isn't in Israel at this point.

rommelrommel

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2002
Yeah fair point. Lukashenko still hasn't committed the Belarusian forces, and Putin is getting desperate for another front to be opened up with fresh forces.

Belorussian troops are generally just not suitable for offensive roles. They are generally just as poorly equipped as Russian conscripts and are less reliable politically.

Reactions: Ajay

rommelrommel

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2002
Kyiv is now protected by a Patriot PAC-3 system, an IRIS-T SLM, their legacy ex-Soviet SAMs, likely quite a few Gepards, sundry MANPADS, and various mobile surface to air guns with thermal sights. All this is tied in to the IBCS we gave them.

There probably isn't a city anywhere better defended from air attack that isn't in Israel at this point.

They can also use their fighters and probably even helicopters behind the lines to shoot down drones.

Reactions: Leeea

whyitso

Aug 25, 2022
In all cases these are dubious Russian claims. I don’t see any Ukrainian media making the claims you say about the second attack, more that it was a barracks in a former hospital building.
You should translate the required topic to Ukrainian or Russian language and check the web. You will find there are direct statements of Ukrainian media what they did hit the VIP hospital by HIMARS. And you will see happy comments and smiles. As you can see, they doesn't pass it to international media, because it war crime indeed. And western media also avoid to mention such things.
As result - quite "dubious claims" from one side and "terrible act of genocide of civilians" on other one for same thing.
If you check all the news from different sides, you will find immediately - you get very biased filtered out facts all the time. It is only one situation, but such happen all the time. About reasons of war (although no war has been declared by either side), about genocide, about atrocities, about losses - you get lies all the time.
I think you know it, but prefer to maintain the established picture of the world that most of your fellow citizens share, which is drummed into your government's head. Otherwise you will be a weirdo, somebody not like everyone else. Also it is much easier. And if the truth differs from that picture, so much the worse for it. Whoever is stronger is right. We decide where the truth is, right?
But there are another mighty countries at rise, while your country gives up its position. Especially in terms of standards of morality and ideals. And your attitude "no laws and rules for somebody we declared as bad guy" is clear example of it.
And the saddest part is that you really don't give a shit about Ukrainians. You root for them like a horse you bet on. You don't care if it dies after end of the race. You'll forget about it like you forget about Afghanistan after leave. Like all the countries that were left to bleeding after their "democratisation".
Ok, you keep cheering each other on, and I will support my country. People like you will definitely not spare it and will destroy the future for my children, so I will have to stand up to the end, whoever started this conflict, whoever is in charge. Probably, you will do the same in such situation.

• Haha
Reactions: kage69

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
How much vodka did your mother drink while she was pregnant with you?

Americans don't like fascists bent on genocide, plus this is preventing the WW3 causing Russian agenda from proceeding. Deal with it scumbag. Not mobilized yet huh? Pity.

War criminals and their fans like you still trying to be the victims, cyka please.

Last edited:

rommelrommel

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2002
You should translate the required topic to Ukrainian or Russian language and check the web. You will find there are direct statements of Ukrainian media what they did hit the VIP hospital by HIMARS. And you will see happy comments and smiles. As you can see, they doesn't pass it to international media, because it war crime indeed. And western media also avoid to mention such things.
As result - quite "dubious claims" from one side and "terrible act of genocide of civilians" on other one for same thing.
If you check all the news from different sides, you will find immediately - you get very biased filtered out facts all the time. It is only one situation, but such happen all the time. About reasons of war (although no war has been declared by either side), about genocide, about atrocities, about losses - you get lies all the time.
I think you know it, but prefer to maintain the established picture of the world that most of your fellow citizens share, which is drummed into your government's head. Otherwise you will be a weirdo, somebody not like everyone else. Also it is much easier. And if the truth differs from that picture, so much the worse for it. Whoever is stronger is right. We decide where the truth is, right?
But there are another mighty countries at rise, while your country gives up its position. Especially in terms of standards of morality and ideals. And your attitude "no laws and rules for somebody we declared as bad guy" is clear example of it.
And the saddest part is that you really don't give a shit about Ukrainians. You root for them like a horse you bet on. You don't care if it dies after end of the race. You'll forget about it like you forget about Afghanistan after leave. Like all the countries that were left to bleeding after their "democratisation".
Ok, you keep cheering each other on, and I will support my country. People like you will definitely not spare it and will destroy the future for my children, so I will have to stand up to the end, whoever started this conflict, whoever is in charge. Probably, you will do the same in such situation.
Here we are on the internet, please feel free to link these credible sources.

I hope Russia dies. It’s always been a shithole run by despots and maybe it’s irredeemable unless broken up.

It’s telling that you think I don’t care… I’m willing to do a lot more for Ukraine and its people. Russia is willing to do nothing for anyone but itself.

I want democracy and freedom to expand, you want it to be eliminated. We aren’t perfect, but you’re neo-fascist garbage and need to either be brought around to a better way of thinking or eliminated. Your children have no future under Putin and his spiritual successors. You care about Russian kids? Start working today to overthrow the dictator that runs Russia and stop carrying his water.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

go get your bitch ass conscripted, now, you useless coward. What kind of weak, girly Russian are you, anyway?

Pipeline 1010

Golden Member
Dec 2, 2005
And the saddest part is that you really don't give a shit about Ukrainians.

This is a perfect example of the accusation being a confession. There is zero chance that you, your Russian friends, and the Russian leadership gives any shits about Ukrainians. Zero. You seem to know that not giving a shit about Ukrainians is morally wrong...that's why you levy your accusations.

Those of us you throw your accusational confessions at would actually like to see Ukraine survive as a sovereign nation and we just want you fuckers to leave. That's it. Just leave. Go away. Stop invading land that IS NOT YOURS.

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999

The American military veterans who’ve fallen in Ukraine

Wapo paywall. I think you get 3 articles free per month though. They often run cheapo sub offers.

^^^ This article just got to me, on a personal level. It made me proud of those amongst us who have answered the call to defend democracy and our Western values, paying with their lives.

you2

Diamond Member
Apr 2, 2002
On the Caspian Sea ?
Yea unfortunately Iran has a direct route to Russia that avoids international waters - or easily accessed international water. I mean it isn't like an american sub - or any sub for that matter is going to enter that area....

Leeea

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2020

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
We have no allies near the Caspian Sea. That's a real tough nut to crack, even if we wanted to. And I doubt anyone has or will give the greenlight to sink those ships. There simply isn't an interest in going that far to secure victory.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008