Russia on brink of ... NOPE! Russia INVADES Ukraine!

Page 1010 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Just a correction; Yanukovych didn't steer the country in a direction of corruption; at that point they were already quite corrupt.
Oh yea, didnt mean to imply otherwise. Thats how Russia like its puppet states.. Sorry "sphere of influence" .. heavily corrupt and them pulling the bribes, eh, strings, eh.. monetary incentives to key personel, eh.. fuck it, its how Russia does business, kompromat and bribes.

Reactions: hal2kilo and you2

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004

In case you wanted to know some history on US-led regime change from a non-biased source

#spreadingdemocracy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You're really going to rely on a frequently inaccurate generative AI as a "checkmate" move? Really?

ChatGPT's results are heavily influenced by the wording of requests. If you make a request with biased terms (such as assuming the US was involved in a Ukraine coup in 2014), the AI will look for info that reinforces this bias.

It's only unbiased in the same way that your child is unbiased if you tell them something and ask to relay it to your partner. Neither ChatGPT nor your kid is verifying the substance of the claim; they're just passing it along and summarizing it as best they can.

When I try a more neutral "was the US involved in a Ukraine coup in 2014" query with Bing's AI (which uses a variant of GPT), the system points out that Putin was the one characterizing what happened in Ukraine as a coup. Yes, the dictator who was trying to prop up a pro-Russia government in Ukraine is upset that he lost his prize.

Young Grasshopper

Nov 9, 2007
That’s why the question was phrased specifically to get the bots opinion(ie from the perspective of artificial general intelligence). May want to reread the initial query.

BTW in the rest of the tweets there is more information about specific events in 2013/2014:

I didn’t even know Nuland was handing out cookies, and thought it was BS until a quick Google search confirmed it. A Google search will also confirm the McCain visit, and the Nuland phone call.

I also love how it concludes the summary:

The outcomes and implications of U.S. covert involvement have been mostly detrimental for Ukraine and its people. The U.S. intervention has exacerbated the polarization and radicalization of Ukrainian society, fueling nationalism, extremism, and violence. It has also provoked a strong reaction from Russia, which has responded with its own military and political actions to protect its interests and allies in Ukraine. It has also damaged the trust and cooperation between the U.S. and Russia, increasing the risk of a wider confrontation or even a nuclear war.

Conclusion

The U.S. was involved in a coup and regime change in Ukraine in 2014, as part of its broader strategy of containing and weakening Russia. The U.S. used diplomatic, financial, and covert means to support and facilitate the overthrow of Yanukovych and the installation of a pro-Western government. The U.S. intervention had negative consequences for Ukraine and its people, as well as for regional and global security.

When a bot created by a bunch of likely left wing programmers is telling the truth on the Ukraine war, you know you’re in trouble.

BTW if you’re interested in what AI has to say on the history of US attempted regime change:

And now maybe you will understand why more and more countries are ditching the dollar in trade. Why you have so many countries lining up to join BRICS. Why the Middle East is slowly aligning itself with Russia/China.

The truth is countries are sick of the US bullying/threatening/invading/sanctioning/coup’ing every country they come across that won’t bow down and do what they say. There’s a reason why the US tops the list of countries the world believes is the biggest threat to world peace.

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
That’s why the question was phrased specifically to get the bots opinion(ie from the perspective of artificial general intelligence). May want to reread the initial query.

BTW in the rest of the tweets there is more information about specific events in 2013/2014:

I didn’t even know Nuland was handing out cookies, and thought it was BS until a quick Google search confirmed it. A Google search will also confirm the McCain visit, and the Nuland phone call.

When a bot created by a bunch of likely left wing programmers is telling the truth on the Ukraine war, you know you’re in trouble.

BTW if you’re interested in what AI has to say on the history of US attempted regime change:

And now maybe you will understand why more and more countries are ditching the dollar in trade. Why you have so many countries lining up to join BRICS. Why the Middle East is slowly aligning itself with Russia/China.

The truth is countries are sick of the US bullying/threatening/invading/sanctioning/coup’ing every country they come across that won’t bow down and do what they say. There’s a reason why the US tops the list of countries the world believes is the biggest threat to world peace.

Be less stupid.
Screenshot_20230331-193009.png

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
I asked Stable Diffusion, "Did the United States overthrow Ukrainian democracy in 2014?" and the IA provided actual photographic evidence of the U.S. overthrowing Ukrainian democracy in 2014.

1680310443000.jpeg

To verify that we can trust Stable Diffusion I asked, "Are waffles better than pancakes?"

1680310633223.jpeg

Waffles came out on top so we know Stable Diffusion is to be trusted.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Russian whistleblower, pissed about the Ukraine invasion, leaks "The Vulcan Files"

"The files' authenticity has been confirmed by five Western intelligence agencies and several independent cybersecurity companies. They link a Vulkan cyber-attack tool with hacking group Sandworm, which the US government said twice caused blackouts in Ukraine and disrupted the Olympics in South Korea. It is also thought to be behind the launch of NotPetya."

"People should know the dangers of this," the whistleblower said. "Because of the events in Ukraine, I decided to make this information public. The company is doing bad things and the Russian government is cowardly and wrong. I am angry about the invasion of Ukraine and the terrible things that are happening there. I hope you can use this information to show what is happening behind closed doors."

The cache of more than 5,000 pages of documents, dated between 2016 and 2021, also contains emails, internal documents, project plans, budgets, and contracts.

Reactions: [DHT]Osiris

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

your retardation sets new historical standards.

seriously: you are one impressive dumb fuck considering your unending quest to present the dumbest motherfucking takes on literally everything. It's amazing that you can function anywhere, being so demonstrably fucking stupid.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
And right on cue, Russia cannot speak of another nation without also saying how much they want to ethnically cleanse it.
This time Russian TV vows to "liberate" Finland. Least this one received some push back. Not on the merits of course, just questioning if Russia is capable. But I guess that is a start....

• Haha
Reactions: hal2kilo

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
And right on cue, Russia cannot speak of another nation without also saying how much they want to ethnically cleanse it.
This time Russian TV vows to "liberate" Finland. Least this one received some push back. Not on the merits of course, just questioning if Russia is capable. But I guess that is a start....

Impotent bluster. Russia stripped the Finnish border for Ukraine. Not to mention the Finns are quite well prepared to meet them should they decide otherwise.

ralfy

Jul 22, 2013
It's always easy to see who is in the right-wing echo chamber.

And it is absolutely shocking how anti-American that echo chamber has become.

Why a Brics currency is a flawed idea​

Non-Chinese members of the grouping might increase dependence on Beijing
No paywall:

BRICS is an economic pipe dream.

Isn't it weird how the MAGA people are rooting for US decline?

I hate to break it to you, but what I shared is from the Global South, which means that an anti-American view is actually a leftwing view.

In contrast, a pro-American view is actually a rightwing view, which explains why the most liberal President of the U.S. referred to his country as the most warlike in modern history:

and there is historical precedence for that:

What explains your confusion? What you call MAGA is actually nationalist economics, and was promoted in Europe for three centuries as mercantilism and in Asia as part fo the East Asian Miracle:

Against that is U.S. neoconservatism:

which Reagan combined with neoliberalism:

which very much goes against what the Global South wants. That's why the first ideology involves the U.S. using over 700 military installations worldwide to ensure "freedom and democracy" for everyone, and why the second involves structural adjustment via the IMF-WB to pry open economies of weaker countries for exploitation.

Given that, the irony is that what you think isn't MAGA actually is. It's just that you were fooled by the press into thinking that there can only be a unipolar global economy, and ruled by the U.S. Hence, media exclaiming that a BRICS currency can never happen or that BRICS and emerging markets will fail because there should never be a multipolar world. That would be disastrous for the U.S. and its NATO allies, right?